Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 biggest needs

tweezy32

2 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

The Colts played the Steelers only twice under Pagano's tenure, the first went to a high scoring shoutout in Pittsburgh. In that game half of the Colts secondary went down, there were so many injuries that a linebacker had to fill in as a safety late in the game, because there was not enough healthy body to send in. The second game we played against the Steelers, we played without Luck, and (again) a depleted secondary.

The fact is, it's only the Patriots the Colts haven't had success against. Pagano is fine against all other good AFC (and NFC) teams, including Denver, the Chiefs, the Ravens, the Bengals, etc. And the Packers, the (back then contender) Niners, the Seahawks, etc. 

Regarding the Steelers. Mike Tomlin is 2-7 against the Patriots. His 2 victories came in 2008 against the Matt Cassell Pats, and in 2011 at home. Tomlin hasn't won a single game against Belichick since 2011.

Btw, Tony Dungy went 0-4 against the Patriots before things turned the other way...

I appreciate this post. It's actually a better argument against anything I said than what CrazyColt has written.

19 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Saying that our top 3 picks start and pan out to be good pick ups and mack does a good job this year and has potential. If we dont sign Davis next year(just an if) which position do you guys think is our biggest needs of right now?  I would have to say cb, ilb, edge, ol, rb would be our biggest needs but which do you guys think is the biggest?

New GM

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My handful of games aren't random. I specifically picked those 3 teams because they are the best in the AFC. The 3 teams that will keep us from getting to the SB every year. If Pagano can't beat them, then we have no chance at making the SB. There's no possible pairing that will let us avoid the Pats, Steelers, and Raiders. See where I'm getting at? The Broncos are irrelevant now because they aren't a playoff team anymore.

I think this is the definition of random. The Broncos won a Super Bowl after we beat them, but we can't count them because they aren't relevant now? We beat the Seahawks and 49ers too when they both were top NFC teams.

As for the original topic, CB and LB, both inside and outside! I think Ballard will also draft OL or DL every year too.

Just now, C0LT5 said:

I think this is the definition of random. The Broncos won a Super Bowl after we beat them, but we can't count them because they aren't relevant now? We beat the Seahawks and 49ers too when they both were top NFC teams.

As for the original topic, CB and LB, both inside and outside! I think Ballard will also draft OL or DL every year too.

The Broncos probably won't make the playoffs. The Seahawks and 49ers are in the NFC, we won't face them in the playoffs. We need to beat the top AFC teams in the playoffs in the SB. You know who they are? Pats, Steelers, and Raiders. Not random at all. 

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Broncos probably won't make the playoffs. The Seahawks and 49ers are in the NFC, we won't face them in the playoffs. We need to beat the top AFC teams in the playoffs in the SB. You know who they are? Pats, Steelers, and Raiders. Not random at all. 

The Broncos were a top AFC team when we beat them. Beating quality teams should always matter.

42 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I appreciate this post. It's actually a better argument against anything I said than what CrazyColt has written.

I get your frustration, really. It's tough to see our team got beaten by Brady over and over. But it's not only the Colt's, they've been beating the entire NFL in the last 2 decades. That Belichick + Brady duo is like the Colts would've had Dungy for 20 years. It's almost unfair.

Still, the key to their success is not just BB and TB. They also need - and make sure they have - a consistently great roster, aaaandd .... home field advantage. Do you know when was the last time the Patriots won a playoff game on the road? I tell you: it was in 2007. Yes, 2007. And do you know how many playoff victories the Brady+Belichick duo ever have in total? They have 3.  They have 5 superbowl rings, 7 superbowl appearances, countless conference final appearances, and only (only!!!!!) 3 road victories.

Crazy, right? "All they do" is they beat the cr*p out of their division rivals, grab home field advantage, and beat opponents at home in the playoffs. If they have to move out of their home soil, they loose. So they make sure they never need to leave home. So how to beat them? Grab home field advantage. Denver did it, and beat them, not just once, but twice in recent years. They did it with John Fox, and Kubiak. They did not need a hall of fame coach, but they needed an excellent, comparably good roster.

That's what the Colts need too. An excellent roster.

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My handful of games aren't random. I specifically picked those 3 teams because they are the best in the AFC. The 3 teams that will keep us from getting to the SB every year. If Pagano can't beat them, then we have no chance at making the SB. There's no possible pairing that will let us avoid the Pats, Steelers, and Raiders. See where I'm getting at? The Broncos are irrelevant now because they aren't a playoff team anymore. We aren't facing them in the playoffs because they won't make it. They won't be an easy out for us anymore. The Packers are even more irrelevant because they are in the NFC. Chuck may be able to beat the Packers, but that won't help come playoff time unless we face them in the SB. 

It seems like you are happy just to make the playoffs and have the possibility of making the SB. You really aren't considering how outmatched we are by the AFC elite and how poor we've done vs them. I'm looking at the probability of making the SB. Can it happen? Will it happen one day? 5 years of stats say Pagano has 0 chance of getting us there. I base things off probability, not a possibility. The NFL isn't a slot machine where you can put your last dollar in and win a million dollars. It's a cutthroat league that's a skill sport, player and coach wise. Pagano has shown he doesn't have the skill, and I want a chance at a SB while Luck is here, not just making a playoff appearance, making squeaking out a game, and getting destroyed by the Pats, Steelers, or Raiders every year. Might be your cup of tea, but it's not mine.

Name one team that can beat the Patriots with consistency or at all.  You can't so I will just go back to sleep.  :sleepy:

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm willing to give up a couple years to have a chance at a superbowl yes. Right now, it's 0%. I'd at least like to have a 25-50% in a couple years. The funny thing is, this isn't about Pagano with you, it's about me trashing someone associated with the Colts. You literally comment on any post that trashes a member of the Colts (whether it be a player or Coach), just because you are so defensive and a huge Colts optimist. I could be the Coach of the Colts next year, go 8-8 the next 3 years, and you'd defend me on these boards and say I never had a losing season just because I would of been a member of the Colts and had your loyalty. That's what it's about, you defend anyone and everyone associated with the Colts, whether it's warranted or not.

In you opinion we have a 0% chance. Your opinion holds no more warrant than mine.

You are continuing to trash Pagano when he hasn't earned the trashing you are giving him.

Yes I am a optimist because living in negativity breeds negativity. You wallow in hate when you have no reason to. I choose not to be that way. I more than likely smile and are a happier person than you.

I guess being more than two times your age I have figured out taking the NFL and or the Colts all the serious serves no purpose. I have been a Colt fan longer than you have been alive and have seen and lived everything imaginable. At you age you know mostly nothing but winning. There is more to being a fan than wanting nothing but firing coaches when you don't get your super bowl ring. At your age it comes with the territory I guess.

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Now I think you're trolling me. His record means nothing when we can't beat the Pats, Steelers, and Raiders. Show me where Pagano has beat them and I'll take you seriously. Until then, we have no shot. That is a fact that is irrelevant. The real fact is he gets destroyed by the teams who matter, the teams who we have to beat to get to the SB. Talk to me again when Pagano has a competitive game vs the Pats. Talk to me again when we beat the Steelers or Raiders. Pagano can take his winning record and shove it, because he can't beat anyone who matters. The AFC Championship game was the one time in 5 years he had a favorable schedule in the playoffs. He then went on to get annihilated by the Pats. Add the Steelers and Raiders and you have an impossible scenario to make the SB. Again, his record means nothing when he loses to the PATS, STEELERS and RAIDERS EVERY TIME. 

Look at the strength of those teams' rosters vs. the Colts. If a Chevy Volt couldn't win the Indy 500, would you blame the driver?

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I wouldn't take what crazycolt has to say to heart... He throws a fit every time someone has a different opinion than him....

6 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

I wouldn't take what crazycolt has to say to heart... He throws a fit every time someone has a different opinion than him....

I guess you don't follow me that close do you?  Am I opinionated? Yes. Am I passionate? Yes. Do I speak my mind? Yes. Do I take any of this on a personal level? No. 

You don't seem to know the meaning of throwing a fit means. Debating, disagreeing and points of view are all three different things. Being open minded is also something I agree on.  Having a sense of humor helps because there are a few in here that don't have a clue on what that is. Do I resort to name calling because someone has a different opinion? No. We are all different. We are going to butt heads. we are all going to rub each other the wrong way. Such is everyday life. There is nothing in this forum that is worth taking all that serious.

I know this topic got off track but If were talking about players, CB, D-Line, and ILB are the biggest needs next year. Vontae will probably be gone and I'm not willing to say Wilson and Hairston are your future starters. Wilson is one though.

If we're talking needs in general, HC is probably a need.