Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not Complimentary To Peyton!

OldManP

He's thrown his teammates under the bus publicly.

Myth. Manning said "we had some protection issues" after the loss to Pitt in 05 Divisional. Manning even further clarified that the protection issues were as much his fault as anybody elses for not making the proper reads.

...and now in an attempt to win the PR battle with fans is overshadowing his little brother during Super Bowl week.

Myth

Where are people getting this? It's scum like this "reporter" that perpetuate false sentiments like this. How ironic that this guys is complaining about Manning seeking attention when this very article is doing exactly what he seems to be complaining about.

Peyton Favre.

What is this guy, like five years old?

Edited by ruksak
mod edit: language

Either this reporter has lost every bit of credibility he has ever had, or this is a blog entry by a 9 year old

My impression when reading this, and I'm not just saying this because I disagree, I thought the comments and the sentiments the author wished to convey seemed very immature, as if written by a child.

It's definitely an anti-Manning article and I hate to let everyone know, alot of non-Colts fans don't like the guy. Most of the arguments I have heard are overpaid, doesn't care about the rest of the team just himself and doesn't take hits. The hit one is pretty weak and we saw how that goes after a while in Favre's last year of play. The other two might have some validity to them and lead us to where we are today. I know everyone here goes on the defensive when people talk about Manning, but one thing I agree with this author is Manning's camp releasing information about his health does put pressure on Irsay and if Irsay doesn't resign Manning he will look like the bad guy to alot of fans. Just from this board alone over half of you have already painted Irsay as the bad guy if he doesn't resign Manning. I am sure Manning's camp is aware and is taking advantage of splitting the fanbase to pressure Irsay. But if Irsay's mind is made up and he want to part ways with Manning, all this does is split the fanbase and ultimately hurt the Colts. So this article certainly isn't too far off in that department. If anything he just hurts himself by taking cheap shots at Manning calling him "cutthroat" had he just stated his opinion on the current situation the article would have been a solid opinion piece and not look so bias.

People have been going at Manning since his college days. When the usefulness of can't beat Florida was gone, when they couldn't lean on can't win the big one, they look for whatever else they can. People hate success. It's so much easier to tear down than build up. Manning has been a target for 20 years. None of this surprises me.

Too bad that those posting the comments did not quite realize that they were only contributing to the writer's hit rate and future reinforcement to continue writing articles in similar vein.

Thats why it's appreciated when people post links to garbage articles like this, that they post not only the link, but the article in quoted format so we don't give the chumps hits just to read the drivel. Why do people want to read it? It's funny, I guess. 'Stupid' is entertaining.

Too bad that those posting the comments did not quite realize that they were only contributing to the writer's hit rate and future reinforcement to continue writing articles in similar vein.

This.

Reporters are like advertising. If you ignore them, they go away.