Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts are basically Cleveland in talent level-with Luck

threeflight

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

That's why I was so adamant that we fire them now..I could see the writing on the wall for the future..I've come to terms now that we are gonna be stuck with them ...I think we will manage to win the division and get a home playoff game we very well could win...That'll buy Grigano another year or 2 of grace. ..I think we are stuck with them for a minimum of 2 years now, so we have to hope for the best...I would feel much better with another coach, and several would have been upgrades...Mediocre coaches still can win with a great QB they can coattail ride...Fox and Rivera for example, so just got to look at it from that perspective, and hope we add some legit talent on defense, and make it hard for even Pagano to screw it up...

I think next season is a make or break season for both guys. If we dont at least win the Division I think they will be gone for sure, at least Chuck. I had a feeling all along nothing would happen after this past season. The 4 yr extensions are the main reason but if we miss the Playoffs again, I could see him cutting ties with at least Chuck if not both. I doubt Irsay will tolerate missing the Playoffs 3 seasons in a row. Missing 2 seasons in a row is bad enough. Texans have a better Roster than we do but if they roll with Brock or Savage they still will only be a 9 or 10 win team even with Watt back. Titans, not really sure about them? They had 1 decent season but don't look like to me they are much better than a .500 team. It will be interesting to see how Mariota comes back from his leg injury.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Oh you wanna do great against garbage teams then when we get a difficult schedule and we get our ***es kicked then wonder what's wrong. Great idea!

12 wins can you get you a 1st round bye and possibly home field in your conference. That's what everybody fights for during the regular season. If the road to the SB comes through your stadium, you like your chances. I understand you dislike Pagano and Grigson, but to sit here and dismiss 12 wins sounds foolish. I'm by no means a fan of the two and I want them to get the boot.

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

That's why I was so adamant that we fire them now..I could see the writing on the wall for the future..I've come to terms now that we are gonna be stuck with them ...I think we will manage to win the division and get a home playoff game we very well could win...That'll buy Grigano another year or 2 of grace. ..I think we are stuck with them for a minimum of 2 years now, so we have to hope for the best...I would feel much better with another coach, and several would have been upgrades...Mediocre coaches still can win with a great QB they can coattail ride...Fox and Rivera for example, so just got to look at it from that perspective, and hope we add some legit talent on defense, and make it hard for even Pagano to screw it up...

2 yrs is too long. 1 more yr is all I'm willing to tolerate at the most. Yeah, I know I am in no position to demand anything. I just have this intuition that if we keep this current staff in place for more than a yr our team will slide further downward as our AFC South competition keeps getting better. 

I will concede that a good defensive draft can mask a lot of weaknesses & take pressure off of Luck & give him more possessions. I just have lost faith in Grigs. If you force me to keep Pags, I can learn to cope with that short term. Ryan has given me no confidence whatsoever that he knows how to create a stout defense at all. He didn't display that capacity in Philly unless you can show me he advocated for say safety Brian Dawkins as a rookie prospect or something similar. 

On 1/19/2017 at 2:39 PM, Superman said:

Are we going to let Hue Jackson earn his reputation as a good head coach, or are we just going to give it to him?

If you want to crown him, then crown his { donkey }!  But he is who we thought he was, and we aren't letting him off the hook! 

crown%20their%20ass_zpslpsscpmi.png

Intersting thread and thoughts. But also- remember, fans here complain that the Colts went 8-8 IN THE AFC SOUTH!

Let's just guess what our record would be if we played Pittsburgh, Baltimore,and Cincinnati twice every year (like Cleveland does) instead of Jax, Tennessee, and Houston?

IMO, our roster isn't nearly physical enough for those matchups, no matter who is coaching.

It's sad to see the Colts succumbing to their self-inflicted wounds. The continual mistakes being made - having first hired Grigson and Pagano, then, worse, keeping Grigson and Pagano - are killing the club's credibility with any competent players, coaches or coordinators - not to mention many fans. We cannot attract talent anymore, without paying a hefty premium. I suppose this is the new normal.

13 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Yeah....so devoid of talent that they were literally 3 plays away from being 11-5.

Make good decisions with FA and the draft this year.......and even with the averages minds that populate this coaching staff, this team easily, easily could go 12-4 and run away with this division.

Or, they were a few plays from starting 0-6 and finishing 5-11.  

In no way does this team look like an 11-12 win team, even in this weak division.  Sorry, that's homer speak.  This team IS completely devoid of talent - one of the worst rosters in the league outside the QB.

15 minutes ago, #12. said:

Or, they were a few plays from starting 0-6 and finishing 5-11.  

In no way does this team look like an 11-12 win team, even in this weak division.  Sorry, that's homer speak.  This team IS completely devoid of talent - one of the worst rosters in the league outside the QB.

Well, the reality is, we were a non time out, one first down, and a couple of throws away from probably being that 11 win team you so desperately want us not to be. Your hatred is blinding your ability to see anything positively rational. You really should go find another team..... 

23 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Well, the reality is, we were a non time out, one first down, and a couple of throws away from probably being that 11 win team you so desperately want us not to be. Your hatred is blinding your ability to see anything positively rational. You really should go find another team..... 

No, I think any objective non-Colts fan would look at this roster and call me realist, and if I'm a hater, there are a lot of hater Colts fans out there, because seemingly, most of them see the same roster I do.  You do understand 99% of Colts fans out there want Grigson fired, right?  If they were happy with this roster and saw 12 win potential, I'm guessing they wouldn't want that.

2 hours ago, #12. said:

No, I think any objective non-Colts fan would look at this roster and call me realist, and if I'm a hater, there are a lot of hater Colts fans out there, because seemingly, most of them see the same roster I do.  You do understand 99% of Colts fans out there want Grigson fired, right?  If they were happy with this roster and saw 12 win potential, I'm guessing they wouldn't want that.

See, there you go again. I challenged your ludicrous comment about this team in no way being an 11 win team, and you totally ignore my point, and instead bring up some other point. I think everyone knows we have a very poor Defense, but we have a top offense which is only going to get better.