Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts and Eagles will flip a coin for the 14th pick in the draft.

Dustin

Just now, NFLfan said:

Nah. Rick Spielman is more likely to trade down. He likes to have at least 8 picks per draft. Despite not having a 1st Rd pick, we currently have 8 picks (2 each in the 3rd and 4th rounds).

So what's your qb situation? Is Bridgewater going to be ok? Will you re-sign Bradford, are you going to draft a guy? What's the plan?

30 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So what's your qb situation? Is Bridgewater going to be ok? Will you re-sign Bradford, are you going to draft a guy? What's the plan?

It is too early to tell what will happen. Bradford is signed for another year and is expected to be the starter at the beginning of next season. Not much has been shared about the Bridgewater injury. It was a very bad injury. He is only 24. I hope he returns next year or in 2018.

Most of the fans like Bradford a lot, especially because he did pretty well behind a porous line and a historically bad running game. The fans point to his passing stats. He broke the record for highest completion percentage for a QB in a single season (71.5% or so). He threw only 5 INTs. He is only the 2nd QB other than Rodgers to have as few as 5 INTs while throwing for more than 500 passes.

I have been one of Bradford's biggest detractors because he does not play with a sense of urgency when the situation calls for it. He also has demonstrated poor pocket awareness, something that Teddy is excellent in. I understood the trade at the time, but sometimes things just don't work out.  It did not work out for this year. Maybe it will pay dividends next year. Let's see. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

It is too early to tell what will happen. Bradford is signed for another year and is expected to be the starter at the beginning of next season. Not much has been shared about the Bridgewater injury. It was a very bad injury. He is only 24. I hope he returns next year or 2018.

Most of the fans like Bradford a lot, especially because he did pretty well behind a porous line and a historically bad running game. The fans point to his passing stats. He broke the record for highest completion percentage for a QB in a single season (71.5% or so). He threw only 5 INTs. He is only the 2nd QB other than Rodgers to have as few as 5 INTs while throwing for more than 500 passes.

I have been one of Bradford's biggest detractors because he does not play with a sense of urgency when the situation calls for it. He also has demonstrated poor pocket awareness, something that Teddy is excellent in. I understood the trade at the time, but sometimes things just don't work out.  It did not work out for this year. Maybe it will pay dividends next year. Let's see. 

Appreciate it! I thught Bradford was a 1 year deal for some reason, just forgot over time. I did notice he was very accurate, but it wasn't enough to get the job done by itself. Adam Theilen has broken out in a big way, and you'll have a solid shot next year anyway. GL to you and your team in the future, it's about where we are, trying to get into the playoffs at this point.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So at worse we pick 15th, maybe 14th. I am glad we won today, no losing season and still a Top 15 Draft pick.

I hope the Colts win the coin flip, as it would work out best for both of our teams. Since the Colts, Ravens, and Vikes all finished with the same record, the three will rotate draft position in every subsequent round. If the Colts get the 14th pick, we will get the higher pick in round 2 (#46). But if the Vikes win the coin flip, Philly gets the 14th pick and we will pick later in the second round (#48).

This article explains it. 

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/1/2/14144562/2017-nfl-draft-order-when-will-the-vikings-select

10 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Jabril Fournette.....................

well leonard is 6-1 235, there are smaller guys than that playing LB

im not saying he would be as good as he is at RB, just that he could do it

im sure he can tackle lol

7 minutes ago, scousecolt said:

Weirdly it would work out better for the Vikings if they lost the coin toss. We would pick earlier in the first, but they've traded theirs to Philly, but they'd pick earlier in the second, when they actually have a pick.

That is what I wrote yesterday.

22 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I hope the Colts win the coin flip, as it would work out best for both of our teams. Since the Colts, Ravens, and Vikes all finished with the same record, the three will rotate draft position in every subsequent round. If the Colts get the 14th pick, we will get the higher pick in round 2 (#46). But if the Vikes win the coin flip, Philly gets the 14th pick and we will pick later in the second round (#48).

This article explains it. 

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/1/2/14144562/2017-nfl-draft-order-when-will-the-vikings-select