Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL investigating the NY Giants

RockThatBlue

Ah, poor widdle Jerry Jones lost 2 games to BIG Blue so therefore a crime must have been committed right Mr. Cry Baby? I mean Mr. Jones. 

I love it when the Giants bring the overhyped Cowboys come crashing back to earth. 

What's a matter Ezekiel Elliott? You fed yourself too much & threw up? LOL!  Serves him right. 

That feed me gesture of his gets on my darn nerves man. It truly does. 

See Goodell now (upon learning it's the GIants not the Pats):

This was just a misunderstanding as those Walky talkies were gifts for Mr Mara grandchildren and they were just testing them out on the sidelines to make sure they work. We should all apologize to Mr Mara for ruining such a great gift for his grandchildren.

i mean after all they poo poo deflategate 2.. and Mara stepped right in line like a good little soldier.

10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Ah, poor widdle Jerry Jones lost 2 games to BIG Blue so therefore a crime must have been committed right Mr. Cry Baby? I mean Mr. Jones. 

I love it when the Giants bring the overhyped Cowboys come crashing back to earth. 

What's a matter Ezekiel Elliott? You fed yourself too much & threw up? LOL!  Serves him right. 

That feed me gesture of his gets on my darn nerves man. It truly does. 

Elliot had a good game vs the giants.   It was Dak and dez that didn't

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Elliot had a good game vs the giants.   It was Dak and dez that didn't

I didn't see Elliot jump up & do his typical "feed me" gesture he likes to do every time he gets a 1st down during that game Jvan. 

That's all I care about. Elliot is an elite back yes, but he hasn't "arrived" yet. He needed a humility lesson & the Giants gave him that crucial lesson. Twice. 

39 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The Cowboys are a whiney team just like the pats

Yeah, I know I am negatively biased toward the Cowboys ever since I was little. All flair. No substance. 

It's not that that Dallas as a  team isn't athletically gifted at QB, RB, & OL they are. It's just their sense of entitlement that always rubs me the wrong way. 

Pats at least have won Championships in this century, even decade. I get the fast & loose with conventional rules resentment angle with Massachusetts, which is really envy. They won rings & we didn't. [TY Law & Troy Brown cost INDY 2 more SB appearances at least] Like I've said previously, I cut BB a lot of slack because of his affiliation with the NY Giants, my 2nd favorite NFL franchise to watch & follow religiously regardless of their season record. 

Part of me likes that BB doesn't give a crap that he gives the media nothing or that many reporters think he cheated along the way. He's still getting a yellow jacket & so is Brady. I don't condone cutting corners at all, but I respect how smart Bill & Tom are, especially after our own Reggie Wayne said Foxbourgh's game preparation is next level stuff. I can't ignore that given the immense admiration I have for #87. 

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Maybe I'm missing something...whats the big deal?  It's not like they ducked into the bathroom with a bunch of footballs and said they magically deflated themselves...

Really?! The communications between coach and QB is cut off at 15 seconds on the clock? With the walky talkies they can talk till the snap of the ball.. huge integrity of the game issue!!!  If this was the Pats it be all over the place.

11 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Really?! The communications between coach and QB is cut off at 15 seconds on the clock? With the walky talkies they can talk till the snap of the ball.. huge integrity of the game issue!!!  If this was the Pats it be all over the place.

I agree! Hang them from the nearest yardarm........

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well, I don't have a team calling another team out for breaking the rules.  I just didn't realize that this was a rule.  And if anything, I don't see how it's any different than communicating on the prescribed headsets.  So my question was an earnest one.  It's not like cellphones where anyone can use them, including fans.  I dunno, like I said, I might be missing something.  

To me, I see this as making the same communications permissible by the headsets, just with walkie talkies because the headsets tehy were supposed to use broke down.  If the spirit of the rule here is to restrict telecommunications outside of a handful of personnel, I don't see the problem if they use walkie talkies between the same people.  It'd be different if a NYG official was on the Cowboys sidelines eavesdropping and communicating plays and game plans to their own team.

33 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Well, I don't have a team calling another team out for breaking the rules.  I just didn't realize that this was a rule.  And if anything, I don't see how it's any different than communicating on the prescribed headsets.  So my question was an earnest one.  It's not like cellphones where anyone can use them, including fans.  I dunno, like I said, I might be missing something.  

To me, I see this as making the same communications permissible by the headsets, just with walkie talkies because the headsets tehy were supposed to use broke down.  If the spirit of the rule here is to restrict telecommunications outside of a handful of personnel, I don't see the problem if they use walkie talkies between the same people.  It'd be different if a NYG official was on the Cowboys sidelines eavesdropping and communicating plays and game plans to their own team.

Lol so the fact they get an additional 15 seconds to tell Eli about potential blitzes or mismatches doesn't give them an additional advantage?

Meanwhile PSI does give a team an advantage roflmao.. the double standard is amazing!!! (Not about people here but the NFL Office) 

44 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Lol so the fact they get an additional 15 seconds to tell Eli about potential blitzes or mismatches doesn't give them an additional advantage?

Meanwhile PSI does give a team an advantage roflmao.. the double standard is amazing!!! (Not about people here but the NFL Office) 

IIt was about way more than the PSI of football.  So far, the telecomms in the NYG game is just about trying to communicate in way that was otherwise permissible.

I agree with OPC on this one. Who cares? I remember when Ray Farmer, former Browns GM, got fined for texting plays or suggested formations to the coaching staff while he wasn't on the sidelines & I wasn't all that bent out of shape out over it. 

Walkie talkies are not on the same level as illegally videotaping signals from the sidelines to me at all. 

Yeah, I know. Agreed upon rules apply to all 32 teams no exceptions. A valid point on the equality meter. 

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

I do agree that NE tends to get punished more severely than other franchises typically do for CBA or rule book infractions. They do JJ. Case in point: The Atlanta Falcons got a lighter fine for pumping in stadium crowd noise then say if the Patriots had been busted for the exact same violation. Touche. A great point. 

Here's my question though: When Ben's headset failed, who did he communicate this problem to & if the refs were notified ASAP; I thought that either the refs or league personnel on site were supposed to talk to the Cowboys sideline & fix the issue or allow both coaching staffs to use CBs then. 

I'm cool with an inquiry or minor investigation here over what happened & what procedures were or were not properly followed. 

If Eli is correct & they don't use hand signals as an offense & I have no reason to doubt him; I don't think a huge competitive advantage was obtained here. A 2 time SB Champion is pretty good at spotting blitzes, delayed or otherwise, all by himself. JMO.  

I will say this in Atlanta's defense, Arther Blank, the owner, straight up admitted his team broke this rule when asked by Goodell & as a result, the fine was lowered because Mr. Blank told the truth from jump street once he talked to his people in charge of stadium preparation. 

It's like telling the truth to a cop at the scene of an accident. He's gonna go easier on you if you own your role in the outcome plain & simple.

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

To me, I see this as making the same communications permissible by the headsets, just with walkie talkies because the headsets tehy were supposed to use broke down.  If the spirit of the rule here is to restrict telecommunications outside of a handful of personnel, I don't see the problem if they use walkie talkies between the same people.

Well written paragraph here OPC that is spot on. 

Exactly, if a headset malfunctions, CBs are just a fallback option. Who in the hades is gonna incept plays? Truckers driving big rigs down the interstate? :lol:

4 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Lol! I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are being sarcastic.

A one-time occurrence of using walkie talkies to call out plays is insignificant compared to deflating footballs every week to get a competitive advantage. 

4 hours ago, JimJaime said:

The Steelers claim the communications go out for the opposing team in foxboro all the time, while the home team rarely has issues.     

43 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The Steelers claim the communications go out for the opposing team in foxboro all the time, while the home team rarely has issues.     

Yes and that is run by the NFL they control it. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Lol! I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are being sarcastic.

A one-time occurrence of using walkie talkies to call out plays is insignificant compared to deflating footballs every week to get a competitive advantage. 

Which the Steelers been told numerous times but are either stupid or just want whine for losing.

how do we know it's a one time occurance? Maybe they got a guy calls himself the CBer. We won't know till the spend millions of dollars in an "impartial" investigation.  (And yes I'm being sarcastic just a double standard as 1. The AFC balls we know from numerous scientist were not deflated.. only evidence was 8 month old texts.)

17 hours ago, JimJaime said:

The insinuation usnt that the NFL is inept. the insinuation is that the patriots interefere with the signal. provable? no. but is it suspicious?  perhaps. we cant know for sure. until something materializes, theres really no point in using it against the pats like it has been proven.

what i do scoff at is how the patriots have, over the course of the past 15 years been accused of and penalized more for cheating than any other organization and every time someone says anything to the NFL about them, pats fans classify them as whiners and stupid. Yet, the pats get punished for it and the NFL and Goodell have a "vendetta" against the Pats. its laughable to say the least.

21 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Which the Steelers been told numerous times but are either stupid or just want whine for losing.

how do we know it's a one time occurance? Maybe they got a guy calls himself the CBer. We won't know till the spend millions of dollars in an "impartial" investigation.  (And yes I'm being sarcastic just a double standard as 1. The AFC balls we know from numerous scientist were not deflated.. only evidence was 8 month old texts.)

And in 2013 they had 6 fumbles in one game vs Denver in one of the coldest games even in November, otherwise that year is up with the rest. 

Patriotsfumbles.jpg

23 hours ago, JimJaime said:

If they could just obey proper protocols,  maybe they wouldn't get in trouble do often

On 12/16/2016 at 1:16 PM, southwest1 said:

I agree with OPC on this one. Who cares? I remember when Ray Farmer, former Browns GM, got fined for texting plays or suggested formations to the coaching staff while he wasn't on the sidelines & I wasn't all that bent out of shape out over it. 

Walkie talkies are not on the same level as illegally videotaping signals from the sidelines to me at all. 

Yeah, I know. Agreed upon rules apply to all 32 teams no exceptions. A valid point on the equality meter. 

The person who should care is.....   you.

Because the NFL cares about this one a lot.

When the headsets go down on one side,  the other side is immediately notified and the other side is supposed to stop using their headsets right away.

The Giants using walkie-talkies gives them a big competitive advantage.     This is not supposed to happen and everyone in the NFL knows the rule.      Frankly,  I'm a little stunned at how the Giants thought they'd get away with this given that it was down out in the open for everyone to see.       

It's illegal.      Very illegal.

All fans should care.      It'll be interesting to see how the NFL handles it will they screw it up as they have most every major ruling of the last 5 years or so....

On 12/17/2016 at 11:26 AM, JimJaime said:

The AFC balls we know from numerous scientist were not deflated.. only evidence was 8 month old texts.)

Holding the title of scientist, even one at MIT (as the prominent scientist in this case), does not make someone correct or immune from bias. I am trying to earn a PhD and this becomes more evident the longer I study. There is a huge battle waged every day among scientists for funding and you can't underestimate the lines people will inch across to gain an edge or get their name out there.     

Also, those texts are pretty obvious unless we are expected to believe that "deflator" refers to weight loss. 

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because the NFL cares about this one a lot.

When the headsets go down on one side,  the other side is immediately notified and the other side is supposed to stop using their headsets right away.

The Giants using walkie-talkies gives them a big competitive advantage.     This is not supposed to happen and everyone in the NFL knows the rule.      Frankly,  I'm a little stunned at how the Giants thought they'd get away with this given that it was down out in the open for everyone to see.       

It's illegal.      Very illegal.

All fans should care.      It'll be interesting to see how the NFL handles it will they screw it up as they have most every major ruling of the last 5 years or so....

i wasnt aware of the protocols if a teams headsets malfunction. If the other side is required to cease using theirs, it makes a little more sense that walkie-talkies are banned. Thanhs for clarification.

On 12/17/2016 at 0:48 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

The insinuation usnt that the NFL is inept. the insinuation is that the patriots interefere with the signal. provable? no. but is it suspicious?  perhaps. we cant know for sure. until something materializes, theres really no point in using it against the pats like it has been proven.

what i do scoff at is how the patriots have, over the course of the past 15 years been accused of and penalized more for cheating than any other organization and every time someone says anything to the NFL about them, pats fans classify them as whiners and stupid. Yet, the pats get punished for it and the NFL and Goodell have a "vendetta" against the Pats. its laughable to say the least.

Yes deflated footballs helped Brady.. oh wait the stats prove that be false. (He has had 2 amazing years withnproperly inflated balls) FACT is deflategate with ANY other team (as has been shown from both past and this latest deflate 2 crap) be nothing more than a fine or nothing at all. 

ONLY  thing Pats got caught cheating was spygate... and seeing how every other teams been caught cheating since then I say they are even. (Deflategate was a poorly run "investigation" that was done by people who had an agenda to find guilt.. and that wasn't the Ravens or Colts but those in Goodell inner circle aka former Jet admins who have a hate on for BB since he quit the Jets)

50 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Yes deflated footballs helped Brady.. oh wait the stats prove that be false. (He has had 2 amazing years withnproperly inflated balls) FACT is deflategate with ANY other team (as has been shown from both past and this latest deflate 2 crap) be nothing more than a fine or nothing at all. 

ONLY  thing Pats got caught cheating was spygate... and seeing how every other teams been caught cheating since then I say they are even. (Deflategate was a poorly run "investigation" that was done by people who had an agenda to find guilt.. and that wasn't the Ravens or Colts but those in Goodell inner circle aka former Jet admins who have a hate on for BB since he quit the Jets)

Think what you want. It wouldnt have been a big deal had the Pats, and specifically Brady, just been like, yeah, i didnt think it was a big deal. We will do better in the firure. Instead, they asked us to believe in a bunch of coincidences. They brought it on themselves.

This wouldbe been a fine but for the overt attempts to conceal, so dont give me that "Pats are the victim." They are not and no one outside of their fanbase really buys it. Like i said, this was a simple rule violation until the Pats doubled down on questionable behavior by multiple parties within the Pats org.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:49 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

You're kind of on thin ice there considering that it was our team that pitched a ridiculous fit over deflategate.

22 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

.....but I don't.  It just doesn't matter to me.  The only thing that I care about is that the NFL does not show preferential treatment to one team over another with regard to rules violations.  They shouldn't come down hard on one team for rules violations and then give another team a pass.  So yes, the NFL should investigate and punish accordingly if rules were broken.  But me, personally, I don't care about this.  I recognize that teams are going to try to do this kind of stuff, and it doesn't bother me as long as the NFL is fair and neutral when dealing with it.

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We caught actual cheating and we were right.

Pats cheated with Deflategate and how Pats fans come up with these excuses to why the balls were deflated is almost comical. Any 10 yr old could see they cheated. Now were they better than us, yes and still wouldve beat us IMO, but that isnt that point. Brady having his phone destroyed was priceless.

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We caught actual cheating and we were right.

If the Giants were actually doing this (and it sounds like they were), this was actual cheating as well.  So when the Cowboys catch cheating they are whiners but when the Colts catch cheating they are right?  Yeah, no hypocrisy there at all.