Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Memo To Jim Irsay

jszfunk

Memo to Jim Irsay,: If you have one ounce of compassion, respect for one humans mental and physical longevity/health ......trade Andrew Luck. He is going to be RUINED by this team  before it has any chance after a MASSIVE rebuild that is needed.  The Colts had four years of an Andrew Luck  rookie contract  to take advantage of to BUILD this team correctly , and that has been screwed by the GM.   What is the first thing you do in life that you have that is valuable ? IT'S OBVIOUS  , YOU PROTECT IT!!!!!!!  MY GOD , what is so hard to understand about  that. A third grader could figure that out, but Grigson can't.   He is inept as a GM and he is ruining this team and most of all he is getting Luck killed.  He needs to be shown the door. Poor draft picks, poor free agent moves and etc.   I would not let him put together a  team comprised of the sisters of  the poor. He needs to stand behind center for about 30 mins of  a hungry qb eating defense and feel some of the beatings that Luck has taken. He has no clue.  He should be ashamed for what he has built here and might get Luke maimed for life . It's sick and sad. 

I am a team fan, more than a fan of players. But I have an exception though, I am a Luck fan, and I am tired of him getting thrashed. Luck has the capabilities to be a very good QB that can lead a team, but he has no chance of it here with the mess that was put around him.   I know it sounds foolish to want to get rid of him, but if it can't be done right , for his sake, let him go and be who he can be if you appreciate football talent. I hate to see a player of his skill level possibly become crippled and ruined.

Yeah I started this thread and yep it sounds CRAZY, I know it does.  But if this continues we will not have a QB  anyways due to being broken down with injuries and ruined. I do not wish that on AL at all, but folks, with this mess it is. Try and get this rebuilt and by that time, he will be in a wheel chair or in a permanent concussion protocol. Yeah...I'm NUTZ for worrying about a persons health and what they could do on a competent run franchise.

Their are more problems then Grigson, Yes he has done poorly in FA  and draft. But the lack of leadership in the coaching position has a lot to do with it. Each and every week the coaches look at tape of each team they are to play. This is how coaches game plan against a team. But considering the Texans are in the division and the colts play them twice a year they pretty much know the basic game plan. I bligged the other day that the Texans were going to play ball control and run the ball and use the TE. Also I mentioned the keys to the Colts winning the gsme was for the colts to shorten the game due to the last time when the colts played the Texans and Andrew was on the turf, This meant more draws using the RB out of the backfield lots of slants, more or less nickel dime them all day. The coaches stayed with the game plan of playing down field used very little if none running game, no stretch plays always between the tackles. So I am no coach by no means but if I can draw a game plan in my head just like everyone else on this forum. Then why do the coaches for the colts not see the same thing. Luck tends to hold the ball for 5 to 7 seconds to long needed to get rid of it in 3 to 4 seconds. Granted players dropping balls do not help. But still everyone gets the idea here. This is not on Grigson alone he did good on getting a O-line together this last year, they are rookies which will make mistakes. But the coaches have to plan better. 

Gotta say, though.

Grigs did try to fix the OL.

With all the coaching turnover this year, I didn't expect much, especially the first half of the season.

The OL has been getting better, but doesn't have the depth to withstand the injuries.

The D needs play-makers, badly. Hopefully, this draft/off-season addresses that.

The OL still needs another guy on the right side. Even if you think Haeg is a long-term solution, Good and Reitz aren't cutting it. 

You could also argue we have a group of receivers that aren't complimentary of each other. The closest thing we have to a possession receiver is Jack Doyle and he's not even on the field every play. Every one else is a boom or bust type player. Hilton is doing his best to make the needed plays, but his size limits him in certain situations. Looking at the numbers, Moncrief should be a perfect possession/redzone receiver but he seems to disappear unless there's a potential TD up for grabs. Dorsett just isn't there yet and maybe won't ever be. Even if he fulfills his potential, I think he's a deep threat only type of receiver.

Defense needs 2 ILB, 2 OLB, #2 CB that can grow into #1, another FS (post-Adams/Butler), 1 DT (Parry should be depth), and possibly another DE if Henry Anderson isn't going to be the same.

This doesn't even take into account whether or not the coaching staff is capable of developing young talent into a contender and then actually coaching at a level week-in and week-out to compete with the best in the league. To be this late in the process and have this many holes is baffling.

4 minutes ago, BCoop said:

The OL still needs another guy on the right side. Even if you think Haeg is a long-term solution, Good and Reitz aren't cutting it. 

You could also argue we have a group of receivers that aren't complimentary of each other. The closest thing we have to a possession receiver is Jack Doyle and he's not even on the field every play. Every one else is a boom or bust type player. Hilton is doing his best to make the needed plays, but his size limits him in certain situations. Looking at the numbers, Moncrief should be a perfect possession/redzone receiver but he seems to disappear unless there's a potential TD up for grabs. Dorsett just isn't there yet and maybe won't ever be. Even if he fulfills his potential, I think he's a deep threat only type of receiver.

Defense needs 2 ILB, 2 OLB, #2 CB that can grow into #1, another FS (post-Adams/Butler), 1 DT (Parry should be depth), and possibly another DE if Henry Anderson isn't going to be the same.

This doesn't even take into account whether or not the coaching staff is capable of coaching a real contender once built. To be this late in the process and have this many holes is baffling.

You are right about a RT. truly we need a new LT and move AC to RT will not happen but that is what needs to be done. TY cannot do it alone, allen is injured to much doyle should be on the field more, The OC and QC better work with luck on the concept of a three step drop or getting rid of the ball or putting new plays in to shorten the game a little for him. But other than that your spot on. I am starting to like the 2 ILB we have playing right now they are getting to the ball, they are raw but have some potential