Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Loving The Future Look Of This Team

BProland85

With these recent hirings on our staff and front office in Grigson as GM, Pagano at HC, Arians at OC, and now Butler as DC, this team looks primed to be VERY well coached for the future. Which is a relief compared to what our coaching has been. Getting a GREAT LBers coach from the Steelers will make our 3-4/4-3 hybrid defense lethal and Im very excited to see it.

Also Im ready to start anew with Andrew Luck at the helm, and I think he has a chance with the help of Arians to be a very good pro QB. Plus we gain a lot of cap room when Manning's contract is no longer on the books. There are much more possibilities with this team now.

Another anti Manning sediment thread.. yay... :(

I wanna buy one of those crystal balls y'all got.. :sarcasm:

You should see all his mocks in the draft section, all without manning. Also I was the first on this thread to mention Leonard Johnson and dontari Poe, which can be verified, which he and others called me crazy, and now they have them in their mocks.

With these recent hirings on our staff and front office in Grigson as GM, Pagano at HC, Arians at OC, and now Butler as DC, this team looks primed to be VERY well coached for the future. Which is a relief compared to what our coaching has been. Getting a GREAT LBers coach from the Steelers will make our 3-4/4-3 hybrid defense lethal and Im very excited to see it.

Also Im ready to start anew with Andrew Luck at the helm, and I think he has a chance with the help of Arians to be a very good pro QB. Plus we gain a lot of cap room when Manning's contract is no longer on the books. There are much more possibilities with this team now.

I'm so with you. It's going to be an exciting 2012 season watching the new core of the team grow up together.

Another anti Manning sediment thread.. yay... :(

I wanna buy one of those crystal balls y'all got.. :sarcasm:

Evidently your "crystal ball" isn't working the same as 95% of the rest.

Try hitting it with a hammer.

Or maybe its just dirty and needs cleaned.

We aren't "anti-Manning".

The guy who made horse whips didn't accept that cars would ruin his business either...................

But eventually, you have to face reality.

Or manning and Irsay are the best Poker players in the history of the world.

You should see all his mocks in the draft section, all without manning. Also I was the first on this thread to mention Leonard Johnson and dontari Poe, which can be verified, which he and others called me crazy, and now they have them in their mocks.

Dude its much more likely Manning is NOT back than will be. It is been known that he most likely will not be healthy come March 8th, so unless they move back that date, he will not be paid 28 million if he is still unsure. We just paid him 23 million to watch from the sidelines. You think Irsay wants to do that again?

I'm not sure a sub .500 or sub 6-10 record is much to get excited about.

Neither is 2-14 with manning making 35 million sitting on the bench and Painter or Danny O throwing the ball.

We have to look at the big picture going forward.

Even if manning never had the neck issue, arguably we'd still be in this same position 3 or 4 years from now.

Now is as good a time as any for change.

Neither is 2-14 with manning making 35 million sitting on the bench.

We have to look at the big picture going forward.

Even if manning never had the neck issue, arguably we'd still be in this same position 3 or 4 years from now.

Now is as good a time as any for change.

Well, if he's not healthy he won't see the 35 million dollars. So maybe it would be better to say neither is 2-14 with Manning making 5 million sitting at a the CBS pregame desk.

If the neck issue doesn't come along, we aren't even a position to discuss Andrew Luck.

Dude be positive for a change. And yes they are not going to be great right from the start, they are getting younger and starting new so they may have some growing pains. But with this coaching staff, they will be better than people expect, and will be competing for championships within a few years again.

Dude be positive for a change. And yes they are not going to be great right from the start, they are getting younger and starting new so they may have some growing pains. But with this coaching staff, they will be better than people expect, and will be competing for championships within a few years again.

I am being positive.

I wouldn't be too excited about the future if I were a Colts fan. You have almost no talent on the Defensive side or offensive side and you will be throwing a rookie into the fire with no help. Not trolling just the truth.

Well, you're not so why worry about it?

Sheesh, The texans get LUCKY cuz manning is injured and they finally win a divisional title (which arguably was given to them) and now they are world beaters?

haha

I wouldn't be too excited about the future if I were a Colts fan. You have almost no talent on the Defensive side or offensive side and you will be throwing a rookie into the fire with no help. Not trolling just the truth.

We have lots of talent. It's the schemes and the leadership that seems dubious.

Though it is my opinion that if we part with Manning, we will continue to lose for years to come.

Sure it is when you are on your way back. And once Luck gets through his learning curve and we build a defense that is actually respectable we will be MUCH better suited for the playoffs. That's the way I see this panning out. Say what you will about all our regular season wins over the last decade but we flat out were not built for the playoffs. Our overall playoff record spells that out. Outdoor stadiums with bad field conditions and maybe a strong wind to boot was our doomsday. A better running game and stout defense will go a long way to remedy that and I'm pretty sure the passing game will be there as well.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Manning set the record for most INTs his rookie year. it's a rebuilding process, you can't expect a SB win next year (you can hope though) but you can be excited about the potential of our new coaching staff, defensive scheme and our (possibly) new QB, who has been ranked as the #1 prospect the last 2 years.

If that is positive, I'd hate to see negative.

And btw, don't you think its time to change your name?

No biggie, but it makes no sense anymore.

I've been giving it some thought. I'm not sure what I would want to change it to.

I keep my negative thoughts to myself... or release them on twitter for the world to see..

For example... This is what i would call as an example of negative:

@jimirsay was right its not fantasy football. People that play FF have a competent back up quarterback and a plan in place if qb1 goes down

In reference to his interview earlier today.

Sure it is when you are on your way back. And once Luck gets through his learning curve and we build a defense that is actually respectable we will be MUCH better suited for the playoffs. That's the way I see this panning out. Say what you will about all our regular season wins over the last decade but we flat out were not built for the playoffs. Our overall playoff record spells that out. Outdoor stadiums with bad field conditions and maybe a strong wind to boot was our doomsday. A better running game and stout defense will go a long way to remedy that.

The thought of a more balanced team is a pleasant one. Time will tell if that comes to fruition. I just foresee Luck being in the same position as Manning was for years, and I don't see him being as good as Manning, so I guess I'm having a hard time being Captain Super positive.

I've been giving it some thought. I'm not sure what I would want to change it to.

I keep my negative thoughts to myself... or release them on twitter for the world to see..

For example... This is what i would call as an example of negative:

In reference to his interview earlier today.

The FF remark is funny, and I hear alot of people that have been echoing that sentiment. However, I find it curious. I complained about the lack of a proper backup for years and all I ever got was made fun of for even suggesting that Manning may get hurt. Everyone, every single person thought I was silly for suggesting a competent back-up for Manning. Now all the sudden people agree....how curious......

The FF remark is funny, and I hear alot of people that have been echoing that sentiment. However, I find it curious. I complained about the lack of a proper backup for years and all I ever got was made fun of for even suggesting that Manning may get hurt. Everyone, every single person thought I was silly for suggesting a competent back-up for Manning. Now all the sudden people agree....how curious......

You make a great point. I view this past season as our offensive system costing us more than the trio of guys we sent out there. Neither of the three had a full grasp of the offense Manning ran, and none of them would have. It should have been altered as soon as Manning goes under the knife for the 3rd time. Manning had successes in that offense, but it did set us up for failure if an when he went down.

I'd love to see a west coast offense installed moving forward(with or without Manning), but that isn't going to happen, so if something were to happen to Luck at any given point year 1, year 4, year 7, etc. The back up can come in and have a decent shot of some success, or not as large of a drop off. Flynn replacing Rodgers in GB for example would be much easier than whoever the back up was in NO replacing Brees. We could have had a "money back up" meaning someone making 4-5 million, a decent back up, and they would still be lost coming in behind Manning. So much of that offense was him, and his ability to audible, and get into and out of bad plays and reading the defense and communicating with signs/signals,verbal cues, etc.

I think we were doomed no matter who we had as a back up and it was that way for years.

Well, you're not so why worry about it?

Sheesh, The texans get LUCKY cuz manning is injured and they finally win a divisional title (which arguably was given to them) and now they are world beaters?

haha

Really you still think we got lucky and only won the division because Manning was out. Sheesh some people cannot accept that the Texans actually have a very good team. Also I never said anywhere in my post that we are world beaters. The Texans have a huge amount of talent on both sides of the ball and they play well as a team, give their all on every play, and never gave up all season.

You weren't the only one.

I've been saying and thinking we shoulda had a vet backup to manning too.

We were lucky. Our luck ran out (no pun intended)

Really you still think we got lucky and only won the division because Manning was out. Sheesh some people cannot accept that the Texans actually have a very good team. Also I never said anywhere in my post that we are world beaters. The Texans have a huge amount of talent on both sides of the ball and they play well as a team, give their all on every play, and never gave up all season.

The Texans have a good team, but that opening game would have been quite different with a healthy 18 out there, and you guys would have been fighting for a wild card . I'm not saying it was a guaranteed win in game 1, and it might have come down to the last man with the ball, but the way each season played out, I don't see you guys winning the division.

It deserves an * which are usually reserved for Patriot*s accomplishments around here :

I never said the Texans didn't have a good team.

But I never circled the texans board like a vulture EVERY year prior when we "owned" them and threw salt on the wound either.

You do realize you're on a COLTS forum at a VERY emotionally tense time , don't you?

Comments like "I'm glad I'm not a Colts fan cuz its gonna be a long time till they're good....." doesn't help.

"I wouldn't be too excited about the future if I were a Colts fan. You have almost no talent on the Defensive side or offensive side and you will be throwing a rookie into the fire with no help. Not trolling just the truth. " Does this ring a bell?

The Texans have a good team, but that opening game would have been quite different with a healthy 18 out there, and you guys would have been fighting for a wild card . I'm not saying it was a guaranteed win in game 1, and it might have come down to the last man with the ball, but the way each season played out, I don't see you guys winning the division.

It deserves an * which are usually reserved for Patriot*s accomplishments around here :

That is complete and utter bull and you know it. An asterisk should be attached it should go like this

* lost Mario Williams for season in week 5, Arian Foster out for 2 and a 1/2 games, starting safety out for 5 weeks, Andre Johnson out for 9 games, Matt Schaub lost for season in week 10, 2nd string QB out in week 12 for season. If this isn't what it says no asterisk needed. You would not have won the division and if we hadn't clinched in week 14 then we probably don't tank the last two games and go 12-4. Let's face it the Texans have one of the best teams in the AFC and definitely the most balanced team in the AFC and no amount of bluster or excuses from other fans can change that.

That is complete and utter bull and you know it. An asterisk should be attached it should go like this

* lost Mario Williams for season in week 5, Arian Foster out for 2 and a 1/2 games, starting safety out for 5 weeks, Andre Johnson out for 9 games, Matt Schaub lost for season in week 10, 2nd string QB out in week 12 for season. If this isn't what it says no asterisk needed. You would not have won the division and if we hadn't clinched in week 14 then we probably don't tank the last two games and go 12-4. Let's face it the Texans have one of the best teams in the AFC and definitely the most balanced team in the AFC and no amount of bluster or excuses from other fans can change that.

Congratulations and you would have still been playing for 2nd place and a wild card.

I never said the Texans didn't have a good team.

But I never circled the texans board like a vulture EVERY year prior when we "owned" them and threw salt on the wound either.

You do realize you're on a COLTS forum at a VERY emotionally tense time , don't you?

Comments like "I'm glad I'm not a Colts fan cuz its gonna be a long time till they're good....." doesn't help.

"I wouldn't be too excited about the future if I were a Colts fan. You have almost no talent on the Defensive side or offensive side and you will be throwing a rookie into the fire with no help. Not trolling just the truth. " Does this ring a bell?

I'm sorry if it came across that way. I know what it's like to root for a team having an awful season and you should be proud of your team at all times win or lose. I didn't mean to upset anybody and if I did upset anyone you have my sincerest apologies.

No chance. The Colts decline began last year when they went 10-6 and struggled to win the division.

Come on, we STILL won the division and had FAR MORE injuries last year than you stated the Texans had this year.

You're not gonna win on a COLTS board.

I wouldn't be this disrespectful on a Texans board.

Of course, I would have no reason to visit a Texans board, unless i was trolling.