Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+1.5) at Oakland (11-6-16)

oldunclemark

8:30 p.m. EST with Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth and Michelle Tafoya on NBC

Mid-50s and cloudy in northern California....over-under 43

Denver's Trevor Siemian (132 of 214, 1,467 yards, 8 TDs, 4 INts) hads had shaky moments but the Broncos are 5-1 with him starting

Emmanual Sanders (44 catches, 567 yards, 3 TDs) and Demariyus Thomas (42 catches, 535 yards, 4 TDs) have ben good but they're looking for that

'Julio Jones' kinda game 

With CJ Anderson out and Devontae Booker (70 carries, 298 yards, 2 Tds) questionable, the Broncos may throw more than usual..

Raiders'  Derek Carr (214 of 323, 2,321 yards., 1& Tds, 3 INts) is coming off a career-best 513 yards passing last week but he faces

the Broncos top-ranked (average of 183 yards allowed in 8 games) defense which has 24 sacks and eight interceptions

WR Amari Cooper (52 catches, 787 yards) will take on Denver's Chris Harris..

Michael Crabtree (47 catches, 569 yards) probably faces Denver's Bradley Roby...Aqib Talib is probably out again with a bad back..

Denver draws a lot of penalties ( 59 for 493 yards) but they take a back seat to the Raiders.

Oakland leads the NFL with 86 penalties in 8 games...for 728 yards in losses...The all-time NFL record of 163 for 1,358 was set by the Raiders in 2011.

Oakland (6-2) drew 27 penalties last week../tampa refused four of them..but 23 is still an NFL record...Denver (6-2) hasn't allowed more then 23 points (Atlanta) in any game

The 'soon to be Las Vegas' Raiders are 5-0 on the road....  The winner take the lead in the AFC West

This one will be fun..in the stands, too...as Broncos fans try to invade the Oakland Coliseum..

The over-under on Raiders holding penalties is 4......take the over..

I'd take the over on points here, too

11 hours ago, 19colt said:

And another corner, Webster.

Will be interesting to see if this changes what they normally try to do on D. 

Down 2 corners.....I think that makes Lorenzo Doss...the 3rd corner...and I don't knw who the fourth DB would be...probably a safety..

That would suggest that the Broncos will blitz less and use less single coverage, right?

Makes them easier to play against

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

AFC West...its on...Oakland has to play KC and they have to go to Denver

I don't think Denver and KC have played at all yet

It is SO on.

And it's on too in the South with the Colts and Texans. 

IT IS SO ON.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Without their corners and without Derek Wolfe ...Broncos defense isn't great..

..but they had what 40 yards rushing...that's a loser right there

Exactly. Kubiak was brought in to install a physical run game but abandon's it very quickly. Not great support for a 7th round pick that is constantly faced with 3rd and 7. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Denver won Repeat without Peyton and I am not implying that Peyton is why they won because he wasn't Great at all but his presence alone scared teams and he was Good against the Patriots. I don't think their Defense is playing as Great either as last season.

Peyton at least gave them a plan B when Kubiak's plan kept failing on offense. Not that Kubiak used him properly. Denver is really lacking a plan B on offense right now. Unless the D is getting them ball in good field position or their run game actually clicks for once - they don't have much. 

Just now, 19colt said:

Peyton at least gave them a plan B when Kubiak's plan kept failing on offense. Not that Kubiak used him properly. Denver is really lacking a plan B on offense right now. Unless the D is getting them ball in good field position or their run game actually clicks for once - they don't have much. 

I agree, and won = wont Repeat but It looks like you knew that. I thought Peyton brought experience and the scare element against the Pats, had Brock been in that situation Broncos lose. Brady and BB would've ate them alive JMO.

6 hours ago, 19colt said:

Exactly. Kubiak was brought in to install a physical run game but abandon's it very quickly. Not great support for a 7th round pick that is constantly faced with 3rd and 7. 

Yeah...you're right.....I dont want to talk bad about Siemian....he makes a few plays..

..and this was his 8th start,,,he's OK....2 TDs..one INT ..and he'll get better

/..and their 'D; was shorthanded last night....down 2 corners..Wolfe left in the 3rd Q..Marshall was imping

....you've got to be able to run the ball better than that..That's their starting O-line..all their TEs were active.

CJ Anderson isnt BO Jackson.....the backup runners can run if there's blocking...

Its not there...

6 hours ago, 19colt said:

There is still the 'story line' that Peyton did nothing last year and they won 'despite him'

Those comments come from folks who don't understand what the QB does

They lead the NFL in 3-and-outs..and they have 2 games with KC left plus NE and Oakland again.

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

There is still the 'story line' that Peyton did nothing last year and they won 'despite him'

They lead the NFL in 3-and-outs..and they have 2 games with KC left plus NE and Oakland again.

Peyton's presence was huge and he did play Good against the Pats. Everyone knows if Brock plays against the Pats they wouldn't of won in a Title Game situation. Denver will not Repeat with the QB they have now, might not make the Playoffs.

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I second that. I see on the Broncos boards threads like "would we have taken 1 more year from Peyton?" etc. and I laugh.

It is also the reason stats are so misleading, it is the lazy man's argument without seeing how the game played out and what the QB did. So, he won a SB with 3 TDs and 7 INTs but lost one with 6 TDs and 2 INTs, go figure :thmup:, it is a team game. 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Peyton's presence was huge and he did play Good against the Pats. Everyone knows if Brock plays against the Pats they wouldn't of won in a Title Game situation. Denver will not Repeat with the QB they have now, might not make the Playoffs.

Maybe they should have made Brock their man? Oh, wait................................

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Yeah...you're right.....I dont want to talk bad about Siemian....he makes a few plays..

..and this was his 8th start,,,he's OK....2 TDs..one INT ..and he'll get better

/..and their 'D; was shorthanded last night....down 2 corners..Wolfe left in the 3rd Q..Marshall was imping

....you've got to be able to run the ball better than that..That's their starting O-line..all their TEs were active.

CJ Anderson isnt BO Jackson.....the backup runners can run if there's blocking...

Its not there...

Right and to add Kubiak comes out every game throwing the ball despite wanting to be a running team. Makes no sense. Denver when healthy may have the only D to limit NE but their offense will cost them the playoffs at this rate.