Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Interview Butch Davis

esidery

He was a DL coach too, with his knowledge of DL and Pagano's knowledge of secondaries could make a good combination.

hey, we're in the market for a new DL coach also...lol we are in the market for pretty much everything but HC still, unless CC gets to stay...which if that means we keep Peyton, i'm all for it

First night N91NA(The Colt's plane) has spent a night away from Indy. Must be a pretty important talk with whom ever it is. I'd think Butch Davis would fit nicely and would contribute to that "best staff" in the NFL. I look for the DC to be named next week. Maybe it's Butch. Butch and Chuck, kinda has some ring to it. Go Colts!

I've heard about Butch Davis coaching that strong cowboys D a long time ago, but my question is will his Defense be outdated. The NFL today is different from back then so it's just something that crossed my mind.

Well, no one keeps the same EXACT plays forever. Besides, Steve Young's 49ers had one of the best passing offenses in history during that stretch, and that Dallas team was able to slow it down 2 NFC Championships in a row. A healthy mind is never out-dated. No scheme is ever truly out-dated. The NFL doesn't see anything new in terms of scheme; it goes in cycles.

Well, no one keeps the same EXACT plays forever. Besides, Steve Young's 49ers had one of the best passing offenses in history during that stretch, and that Dallas team was able to slow it down 2 NFC Championships in a row. A healthy mind is never out-dated. No scheme is ever truly out-dated. The NFL doesn't see anything new in terms of scheme; it goes in cycles.

He was a part of the team that was riddled with allegations, suspensions, inappropriate conduct, etc. No ties I can think of have him directly related, but he was fired before this last season.

History of success, and guys do deserve second chances. Who knows? Could be good.

This isn't pointed directly at you Doogan, but to anyone who doesn't want a coach because he 'cheated' (i.e. all the people who ragged on Tressel).

Every head coach knows at least some of their players are receiving improper benefits. Some are better at distancing themselves from it than others.

If you want further proof, just watch a game. Try to count how many tattoo's you can see on a player and multiply it by $200 (very conservative). Those kids must all come from wealthy families, right?

He did pretty good things for UNC as head coach before he was fired. UNC was under some NCAA investigations so letting the HC go is the first step any organization does to try to clear thier name. I think Butch did nothing wrong but being the HC made him a target. Go figure...kinda like Tressel with Ohio. He turned that team around and actually gave UNC some football cred. There was actually some excitement while he was there. I wish he were still there at UNC.

Butch Davis new d coordinator?

I mentioned this a few times the day it was announced that Pagano was hired. Pagano has coached a lot of years with Davis in Miami, NC and Cleveland. Also I think it could be very helpful for Pagano to have an experienced HC on the staff, someone who can offer some advice and guidance on how to run a team not just one part of it.

I mentioned this a few times the day it was announced that Pagano was hired. Pagano has coached a lot of years with Davis in Miami, NC and Cleveland. Also I think it could be very helpful for Pagano to have an experienced HC on the staff, someone who can offer some advice and guidance on how to run a team not just one part of it.

I agree. Davis could play sort of a assistant head coach role in addition to DC. He would be a very valuable coach on the team.