Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves

TKnight24

22 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Lol, Bates gone. Wasn't he supposed to be one of our hopes for a pass rush? haha

I don't think anyone expected him to come in and provide production immediately. He came from a FBS school and it's a HUGE jump from that to the NFL. He has talent, it'll just take time for the speed of the game to slow down for him.

I think Mr. Irsay is simply keeping the fan base informed of roster changes. 

I don't think anybody at the Colts staff is representing that this signing, or any signing at this point in the season, is going to change the talent level of the defense significantly.

Why do so many bash like that's what is being represented?

17 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't think anybody at the Colts staff is representing that this signing, or any signing at this point in the season, is going to change the talent level of the defense significantly.

It's chic?

4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I have no problem if Grigson tries signs players that might help.  

The problem is that is not what he is doing, he is finding players that we ALL know WON'T help.  How do we know he won't help?  Because he has had 53 games to prove he can help with 4 different teams and he hasn't proven he can do that and the Colts coaching staff is not the type that can teach a player how to play better in their scheme.

But, if I'm wrong and Carter comes in and plays solid snaps for the Colts, just think how much fun you guys will have bringing up this thread and asking me how I like my crow.

Geez......    what's gotten into you today?

The guy is signed on to help SPECIAL TEAMS and you're ragging on Grigson for not finding a pass rusher?

And then you hit with we ALL know he WON'T help.          We do?       Really?

You're grading special teams now?

Take a deep breath.....   go find Coffeedrinker and send the real CD back to this website....    we ALL miss him!

50 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Geez......    what's gotten into you today?

The guy is signed on to help SPECIAL TEAMS and you're ragging on Grigson for not finding a pass rusher?

And then you hit with we ALL know he WON'T help.          We do?       Really?

You're grading special teams now?

Take a deep breath.....   go find Coffeedrinker and send the real CD back to this website....    we ALL miss him!

Just tired of these type of moves.  They do nothing for the team and take snaps away from young guys they have on the practice squad.  Watching Grigs run the organization is like watching a pre-teen run franchise mode in Madden, there's a lot of activity and some flash but nothing of any real substance.

All while we watch some of the best young talent in the NFL in Luck, TY, AC, Kelly, even on a lesser scale Allen and Kelly try their hardest to keep the sinking ship afloat with the few little buckets they've been given.

But I will end on a positive note... I think bringing Williams up from the PS was a good move.  He seemed solid during the preseason and may be surprise some people especially if he covers the slot WR.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

I can't speak for everyone but my gripe is not with Irsay announcing this or the way it was represented.  My gripe is only with these type of moves that Grigs makes on a regular basis.

And most people who have been on this forum know my posts well enough to know I don't just bash the GM/Coach/players when things aren't going well.  I call things the way I see them, sometimes (ok many times) many people disagree with how I see things and that's fine.  But I will always call things the way I see them whether it's a popular thing to do or not.  And IMO Grigson's running of the Colts is bush league at best.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Just tired of these type of moves.  They do nothing for the team and take snaps away from young guys they have on the practice squad.  Watching Grigs run the organization is like watching a pre-teen run franchise mode in Madden, there's a lot of activity and some flash but nothing of any real substance.

All while we watch some of the best young talent in the NFL in Luck, TY, AC, Kelly, even on a lesser scale Allen and Kelly try their hardest to keep the sinking ship afloat with the few little buckets they've been given.

But I will end on a positive note... I think bringing Williams up from the PS was a good move.  He seemed solid during the preseason and may be surprise some people especially if he covers the slot WR.

First,  I want to sincerely thank you for not getting too bent for me chiding you....

I mean it playfully and respectfully.      I don't think it's a secret that you're one my favorite posters!

The website is better when you're posting than when you're not.

Believe me,  I feel your frustration.....    I take no pleasure in saying to people here that we're likely 2-3 years away from having the kind of defense that will allow us to make deep runs in the playoffs.

I don't want to be the Donnie-Downer of the website.

I spent 4-years supporting Grigson before losing faith at the end of last year.     But he's here and I don't see him leaving soon.     Not with a new contract.      So, I have to ride out the storm and hope that he's learned from his mistakes and keeps bringing in more talent as he has the last two drafts.

We need a lot more talent.    A heck of a lot.

And I know a lot of readers here won't like reading that............      Sorry.....    :peek:

22 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think our most of our coaching staff can teach so I don't get where you can say that.

Maybe the coaching staff is teaching the wrong facts or the wrong lessons? Or, more probably, what they are teaching doesn't align with the capabilities of the players we have. It seems to me that they (the coaching staff) are missing much of the importance underlying the complexity of the game, and are trying to teach the simple x's and o's as a solution. That won't work anymore.

On 10/13/2016 at 5:19 PM, a06cc said:

True shame to hear about Bates. Hopefully he clears waivers and is back on PS. 

Who do you think is clamoring for Bates?  Is there actually a worse defense than ours that actually needs someone not even good enough to play for our heinous defense? 

On 10/13/2016 at 5:46 PM, Jason_S said:

in that case it's technically relevant to every subject at hand. 

Well, yes, if you mean everything that involves bad personnel decisions by the current Indianapolis Colts, then I'd say you nailed it.  

On 10/13/2016 at 6:14 PM, Douzer said:

The Ravens site spoke about his strength and capacity to bull rush from the OLB position. We actually need more of that as a balance to those who try to speed rush around the edge. Pushing the tackle backward into the QB can create havoc. I know, I've watched what it does to our QB's...

I also thought Frankie Williams had a notable preseason. I think he has some pretty sticky coverage skills.

I see what you did there... heh....

22 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I understand why you would say that but we have yet to see a defensive unit together without injuries all over the place.

Our weakest point is in the linebackers IMO but the D-line has played better.

Till we have a healthy bunch together it's hard to judge.

On a different note I think with all the restrictions in training camp has had a negative effect in players coming into the regular season at their best.

Didn't they say a couple weeks ago that everyone was healthy on D for a game? 

16 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

But the point is that even with everyone healthy they were terrible. So what is there really to look forward to?

Working together and working to get better as a unit.

If you don't feel that way I guess I can't blame you but I just don't give up that easy. Hopefully the Colts don't feel the same.

IMO there is still too much football to be played but if you want to throw in the towel there is nothing I can say. It's not my choice.  

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Working together and working to get better as a unit.

If you don't feel that way I guess I can't blame you but I just don't give up that easy. Hopefully the Colts don't feel the same.

IMO there is still too much football to be played but if you want to throw in the towel there is nothing I can say. It's not my choice.  

Throwing in the towel would be sitting Luck and playing Tolzien.  No one said to throw in the towel.  But living in an alternate reality does us no good either.  The personnel is the personnel.  They need to adapt their schemes to work better with the talent we have because even when we had the best case scenario, they were lousy, all healthy.  So coaching has to make up the difference.  And, our offense needs to stay on the field and grind out long drives, using better play calling to both protect Luck while wearing out their defense.  I love big plays to Hilton probably more than most people (he's on nearly all my fantasy teams) but ball control is one thing the coaches can do to help the defense.  Those defensive players have the talent they have and as the season goes, we're going to lose more of them because every team does.  So in a best case scenario, the coaches didn't use the talent we had.  Without changing, we meet the definition of insanity.  

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:18 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

I agree

4 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Throwing in the towel would be sitting Luck and playing Tolzien.  No one said to throw in the towel.  But living in an alternate reality does us no good either.  The personnel is the personnel.  They need to adapt their schemes to work better with the talent we have because even when we had the best case scenario, they were lousy, all healthy.  So coaching has to make up the difference.  And, our offense needs to stay on the field and grind out long drives, using better play calling to both protect Luck while wearing out their defense.  I love big plays to Hilton probably more than most people (he's on nearly all my fantasy teams) but ball control is one thing the coaches can do to help the defense.  Those defensive players have the talent they have and as the season goes, we're going to lose more of them because every team does.  So in a best case scenario, the coaches didn't use the talent we had.  Without changing, we meet the definition of insanity.  

I think that working together and getting better as a unit is what I said. Just a shorter way I guess.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think that working together and getting better as a unit is what I said. Just a shorter way I guess.

My point is different.  The D is not going to get better from a personnel viewpoint.  They WILL lose more players, all NFL teams do as the season goes.  So getting better as a unit will not happen.  Getting better coaching is where the "improvement" has to come from.  Schemes, gameplans, adjustments, blitz packages etc. is where the improvement must happen.  Doing more with less is the key, because by season's end, we'll have less than we do now.  But you can take less talent and do more with outstanding coaching.  Watch New England do it.  

2 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

My point is different.  The D is not going to get better from a personnel viewpoint.  They WILL lose more players, all NFL teams do as the season goes.  So getting better as a unit will not happen.  Getting better coaching is where the "improvement" has to come from.  Schemes, gameplans, adjustments, blitz packages etc. is where the improvement must happen.  Doing more with less is the key, because by season's end, we'll have less than we do now.  But you can take less talent and do more with outstanding coaching.  Watch New England do it.  

If that's the way you feel there is nothing I can say to add or subtract from what your opinion is.

Nothing personal but I couldn't care less about what New England does.

I would rather back a team that has some sort of integrity.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:15 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

I can't speak for everyone but my gripe is not with Irsay announcing this or the way it was represented.  My gripe is only with these type of moves that Grigs makes on a regular basis.

And most people who have been on this forum know my posts well enough to know I don't just bash the GM/Coach/players when things aren't going well.  I call things the way I see them, sometimes (ok many times) many people disagree with how I see things and that's fine.  But I will always call things the way I see them whether it's a popular thing to do or not.  And IMO Grigson's running of the Colts is bush league at best.

I concur, far more misses than hits, and not addressing key areas to win, and poor judgement of talent

It is pretty sad that so many have quit on the team that they supposedly support?  My late Father, miss ya man, always told me that football is a two season game. The first half of the season and the second half of the season. Those who run wild in the beginning sometimes fade at the end.  Those who struggle in the beginning sometimes finish strong..it is the nature of the game in regards to injuries and acclamation.  I am saddened by the absolute negative nonsense on here, as anything can happen in the playoffs and that has been established time and time again.  Feel free to mock if you must but I can tell you that I would rather be mocked than bend over and accept defeat.

Politely stepping off my soapbox...

41 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If that's the way you feel there is nothing I can say to add or subtract from what your opinion is.

Nothing personal but I couldn't care less about what New England does.

I would rather back a team that has some sort of integrity.

Okay, sub out any OTHER good team, the point is still correct.  Seattle? Pittsburgh? T^hey overcome missing players.  The best example this year is the Vikings who have lost their HOF RB and their starting QB and got better through coaching, not personnel improvement. You pick.  But nice try to be contrarian no matter what I say on any post. The more you disagree, the more confidence I have in my views.

18 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Okay, sub out any OTHER good team, the point is still correct.  Seattle? Pittsburgh? T^hey overcome missing players.  The best example this year is the Vikings who have lost their HOF RB and their starting QB and got better through coaching, not personnel improvement. You pick.  But nice try to be contrarian no matter what I say on any post. The more you disagree, the more confidence I have in my views.

I am not being contrarian to at all. I have already said I have nothing to say that alters your opinion so I have nothing to say. You seem to want some sort of point counter point issue to be debated.

No thanks, I will pass.

39 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Your opinions are yours & just because others do not agree does'nt make them right or wrong to beat a dead horse gains nothing  . If we all agreed on everything then we would not have the opportunity to learn, thoughtful opinions & honest debate are the key &

Everyone has confidence in there views & opinions to be taken seriously you need to take others seriously lay out your best argument without be argumentive .:hat: 

1 hour ago, JPFolks said:

I agree

1 hour ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Your opinions are yours & just because others do not agree does'nt make them right or wrong to beat a dead horse gains nothing  . If we all agreed on everything then we would not have the opportunity to learn, thoughtful opinions & honest debate are the key &

Everyone has confidence in there views & opinions to be taken seriously you need to take others seriously lay out your best argument without be argumentive .:hat: 

That would be great.  Please take your own advice then! 

So much for the agreement I thought was in place via the moderator.  That didn't last long.  Disagreement is fine.  Following specific users around the board for the sole purpose of disagreeing with them regardless of the topic is the problem, one which you generate often.