Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Updates

TKnight24

Meh, if it 3rd and long, teams had figured they could just throw a long ball to whoever Cro was guarding and draw a holding call.  I actually prefer Melvin over anyone not named Davis.  But, Butler has been growing on me.  He just can't get the injury bug to stop biting him.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Pagano: I have all the confidence in the world in Patrick Robinson. I've seen Hall of Famers have tuff days. He'll bounce back.

— Bob Kravitz (@bkravitz) Oct 10, 2016

This really isn't a Pagano problem when it comes to playing Robinson or not though. He should have never been signed. That's on Grigson again. Cant ask Pagano to turn a turd into a gold nugget as much as Grigson has asked him to. Toler. Cassius Vaughn. Gordy. Robinson. At some point he has to give Pagano a Corner that actually belongs out on the field

6 minutes ago, Gavin said:

This really isn't a Pagano problem when it comes to playing Robinson or not though. He should have never been signed. That's on Grigson again. Cant ask Pagano to turn a turd into a gold nugget as much as Grigson has asked him to. Toler. Cassius Vaughn. Gordy. Robinson. At some point he has to give Pagano a Corner that actually belongs out on the field

I think he's alright in the nickel, but you're right he's not all that equipped to play outside.  With him having been on John Paganos staff I'm not sure if I agree that Chuck didn't have some input into that decision.  The surprising thing though is they passed on Casey Hayward and he seems more able to play a dual role(inside and outside) than Robinson.

My God!  The corners are the unluckiest bunch I've seen so far this year.  I just wish I was in the colts organization some where near Grigs and every hour say "hey we should try to trade for Joe Haden (or any one better than Butler and Robinson on the outside).  That would be awesome!".  Eventually he'd get fed up and get me fired or make a tradehaha

5 hours ago, Gavin said:

I agree

13 hours ago, Superman said:

And our 3rd round pick from a year ago...

Actually,  Smith was really our 2nd round pick.    We traded back to the top of the 3rd round to take him.

Henry Anderson was our real 3rd round pick.

Which, I know,  only makes the Smith release even worse.....     Yeah,  I get it....        :peek:

55 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

Probably because they don't have enough LB's to play a proper 34...

It's not the number of linebackers,  it's the lack of quality.

The guys we have are either old and way past their prime,  or young and inexperienced....

Bad combination.....

9 hours ago, Gavin said:

I would have to believe that Grigson didn't sign Robinson without clearing it with Pagano and our DB's coach.

I'm sure they all watched tape to see if Pagano thought he'd fit in with our defense.

There's no way Grigson walked up to Pagano and said....   "Hey, guess who I signed?"   or,   "I know you don't like him,  but Robinson is the best I could do under the circumstances..."      

I may be off the Grigson train,  but since January everyone has talked about working together better,  so that doesn't seem unreasonable.....

22 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's not the number of linebackers,  it's the lack of quality.

The guys we have are either old and way past their prime,  or young and inexperienced....

Bad combination.....

No it's numbers. We have about 1 linebacker, a half of another, and 3-4 tackling sleds.

22 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

No it's numbers. We have about 1 linebacker, a half of another, and 3-4 tackling sleds.

IDK, i am slowly growing on Ayers.  Did you see the pass he defensed on the dive? it was a remarkable play.  Just hasn't had enough reps to get a good evaluation on him yet (still learning the system probably).  But i've liked a few things i've seen so far.