Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jules said:

Yeah offensively the Cavs can be top notch when they are all out there and don't go full stupid. But, that defense........just omg.

Maybe they pull it together late but I won't even count out other eastern teams this year at all. Toronto for starters has geared up to be "Lebron stoppers" this year with moves they have made.

I agree....now Kyle Korver didn't play tonight...but Cleveland isn't what they were earlier..

..while Toronto, if they get Lowry back..is confident

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am not even sure I think the Cavs will win the East this year at times. Their defense this year has been atrocious, around 22nd ranked. Most Lebron teams who win titles have a top 5 defense I think. Most of their breakdowns have been in the 4th quarters too. I think if you put Lebron and Wade back on Miami they would be unstoppable. Pat Riley always finds good players and he is the GOAT at times for management/coaching IMO.

In the East I have had more fun watching the Celtics this year as a whole. You can't not love little Isaiah Thomas and his passion to prove himself.

I still think the Cavs win the East. LeBron is LeBron (Top 10 player ever) and Kyle Korver isn't even playing, he is capable of hitting 5 or 6 3's a game on any given night like JR did tonight. PG gave it is all but against that stack team it's useless IMO. I think we will see Cavs/Warriors again like normal haha. What irritates me is, why does the NBA even have a Salary Cap? If teams can go way over it. That shouldn't be allowed to keep everything even. All the owner has to do is pay a luxury tax when going over and he is a billionaire so why not. I mean the Cavs just get any player they want it seems. The Warriors are over it too but only 7,000,000 and that is because of Durant. That isn't even close to 34,000,000 though. I think the Celtics and Wizards will give the Cavs a challenge in the Playoffs, maybe the Raptors but none of them will beat the Cavs in a 7 game series. LeBron, Irving, Love, JR, Thompson, and Korver will be healthy - they wont be stopped in the East.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I agree....now Kyle Korver didn't play tonight...but Cleveland isn't what they were earlier..

..while Toronto, if they get Lowry back..is confident

Whats the big deal at times over Kyle Korver? I watched a month ago when the Cavs lost in Boston and Kyle Korver couldn't hit the ocean till the end of the game with one miracle big shot.  Also, that game in Boston is when the Celtics put Averly Bradley on Kyrie Irving and Bradley shut Irving DOWN in the 4th.

I know they tried too with Bogut but he died on the court after two minutes.

As much as I love Lebron James he is not the best manager of a team. Which is why I think Pat Riley was right when he said Lebron was making a huge mistake. Now the title last year was incredible but motivational fueled if anything to me to win for Cleveland finally which is why I had picked the Cavs last year to win it all.

I might be wrong and the Cavs gear up later and win the East and Lebron goes into "Lebron mode" in big games and stuff. But, man oh man I don't know about these guys at times this year. By far they are the faves in the East but I can't recall the last time I seen a Lebron team struggle this much defensively for this long in a season. They could not even stop John Wall games ago........

Sigh........oh well it is what it is.

I am rooting for the East to win it all anyway unless the Lakers got in but we know they won't obviously. It's "suck for Lonzo Ball" time. lmao 

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Whats the big deal at times over Kyle Korver? I watched a month ago when the Cavs lost in Boston and Kyle Korver couldn't hit the ocean till the end of the game with one miracle big shot.  Also, that game in Boston is when the Celtics put Averly Bradley on Kyrie Irving and Bradley shut Irving DOWN in the 4th.

I know they tried too with Bogut but he died on the court after two minutes.

As much as I love Lebron James he is not the best manager of a team. Which is why I think Pat Riley was right when he said Lebron was making a huge mistake. Now the title last year was incredible but motivational fueled if anything to me to win for Cleveland finally which is why I had picked the Cavs last year to win it all.

I might be wrong and the Cavs gear up later and win the East and Lebron goes into "Lebron mode" in big games and stuff. But, man oh man I don't know about these guys at times this year. By far they are the faves in the East but I can't recall the last time I seen a Lebron team struggle this much defensively for this long in a season. They could not even stop John Wall games ago........

Sigh........oh well it is what it is.

I am rooting for the East to win it all anyway unless the Lakers got in but we know they won't obviously. It's "suck for Lonzo Ball" time. lmao 

Better 'suck for that Kentucky kid.

..but back to the point....I think Toronto, with Ibaka....may be too much for Cleveland

In our game tonight......Myles Turner..poor boy just seems worn out.....did very little against Tristan Thompson

Ibaka will be ready to rumble..

...I like the Cavs better when Kyrie plays the point.....but LBJ can still make big shots....

If the Pacers get in (a big if...but the final 2 weeks is favorable)...I'd like to draw Cleveland..

we really don't match up with Toronto and Washington....too big up front we don't have any answer for John Wall.

Even PG cant guard him

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still think the Cavs win the East. LeBron is LeBron (Top 10 player ever) and Kyle Korver isn't even playing, he is capable of hitting 5 or 6 3's a game on any given night like JR did tonight. PG gave it is all but against that stack team it's useless IMO. I think we will see Cavs/Warriors again like normal haha. What irritates me is, why does the NBA even have a Salary Cap? If teams can go way over it. That shouldn't be allowed to keep everything even. All the owner has to do is pay a luxury tax when going over and he is a billionaire so why not. I mean the Cavs just get any player they want it seems. The Warriors are over it too but only 7,000,000 and that is because of Durant. That isn't even close to 34,000,000 though. I think the Celtics and Wizards will give the Cavs a challenge in the Playoffs, maybe the Raptors but none of them will beat the Cavs in a 7 game series. LeBron, Irving, Love, JR, Thompson, and Korver will be healthy - they wont be stopped in the East.

Yeah I don't like how you can just go out and sign everyone and all these trade exceptions. The main thing I absolutely hate is these waiving veteren players like Deron Williams etc and then they can sign with anyone. If your over the cap you shouldn't be able to just sign these type of guys for min and get free extra help at the end of the season. That just don't sit right with me. I don't know what kind of rules you can pass but if your over the cap that much you should lose the rights to use these exceptions etc. just isn't fair to small market teams.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My gut says that the Cavs still roll through the East but my head says a few teams can do them in.

Even if the Cavs drew Miami in the first round UH OH.......Lebron's luck vs. the Heat since leaving the Heat is HORRIBLE. It's as if the Heat turn into Miami Vice and want to slaughter the Cavs and Riley feeds his boys cocaine to give them an extra edge when they play Lebron now.

Personally as much as I like Lebron as a fan, I hope some other teams in the East can rise up this year to make it more interesting too.

Keep in mind I don't think in history we ever had a repeat finals 3 years in a row. And the Warriors are a better shot to win the West IMO then the Cavs in the East with that rag tag defense. Even the Warriors have a damn high ranked defense.......Christ.....and Durant isn't even there lately.

For the record too I am HUGE on the Celtics. I am not sure they are ready yet though, it's a young roster with little experience in big big games in the playoffs. But, add another piece or two to that team (and they might even get the first pick in the draft) and they could be the ones someday.

And Brad Stevens is a total crush of mine. And I can't get enough of little Thomas. Cutest NBA player of all time.

15 minutes ago, Jules said:

My gut says that the Cavs still roll through the East but my head says a few teams can do them in.

Even if the Cavs drew Miami in the first round UH OH.......Lebron's luck vs. the Heat since leaving the Heat is HORRIBLE. It's as if the Heat turn into Miami Vice and want to slaughter the Cavs and Riley feeds his boys cocaine to give them an extra edge when they play Lebron now.

Personally as much as I like Lebron as a fan, I hope some other teams in the East can rise up this year to make it more interesting too.

Keep in mind I don't think in history we ever had a repeat finals 3 years in a row. And the Warriors are a better shot to win the West IMO then the Cavs in the East with that rag tag defense. Even the Warriors have a damn high ranked defense.......Christ.....and Durant isn't even there lately.

For the record too I am HUGE on the Celtics. I am not sure they are ready yet though, it's a young roster with little experience in big big games in the playoffs. But, add another piece or two to that team (and they might even get the first pick in the draft) and they could be the ones someday.

And Brad Stevens is a total crush of mine. And I can't get enough of little Thomas. Cutest NBA player of all time.

Nice avatar by the way. I like the Mamba!

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nice avatar by the way. I like the Mamba!

For a long long time Kobe has been my favorite NBA player ever. I just adore him. lmao You  knew this too since last year for his final game I went insane.

Some long term Colts posters I used to chat NBA with a while back know I was into the Lakers but I often hid it on Colts forums. lmao 

Kobe was the bomb shizzle.

But, right now.......nobody wants any part of this beast in the east.:rock:

03THOMAS1-master768.jpg

Lebron is Big Daddy of the East and Isaiah is Little Daddy.

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Seriously I had no idea it was ending so fast........

Whoa let the good times roll soon.

Yeah....just 2 weeks to go.....3 homes games left

We've lost 4 in a row..but Sunday night's game was encouraging...and Lance returns to Indianapolis Tuesday night......our fans will welcome him.

..we're tied for 8th, one game out of 7th..2 games out of 6th..3 out of 5th.

..we're not totally done but we are toasty

That Cavs Pacers game was insane!  2 O.T. 135-130.  What a game!  The Eastern Conference playoff hunt is heating up!  Only 5-6 games left for each team.  The Cavs or Celtics can still get #1.  The Bucks, Hawks, Bulls, Heat, Pacers and Hornets are fighting for the last 4 playoff spots.  I am glad my Bulls are playing better.  I hope they keep it up! I think Westbrook has secured his MVP award as well.   It should be interesting last week of the season. 

11 hours ago, MTC said:

We're still the 9th seed, which sucks, but it is what it is. I don't mind having a higher pick.

Maybe missing the playoffs would be a good thing. Can't believe I am saying it, but a higher draft pick would be great. We need to get an impact player and a higher pick would help that.

Its not like we would win a playoff series anyway...

8 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

That Cavs Pacers game was insane!  2 O.T. 135-130.  What a game!  The Eastern Conference playoff hunt is heating up!  Only 5-6 games left for each team.  The Cavs or Celtics can still get #1.  The Bucks, Hawks, Bulls, Heat, Pacers and Hornets are fighting for the last 4 playoff spots.  I am glad my Bulls are playing better.  I hope they keep it up! I think Westbrook has secured his MVP award as well.   It should be interesting last week of the season. 

Westbrook should absolutely get MVP. 

On April 3, 2017 at 11:48 AM, RockThatBlue said:

Maybe missing the playoffs would be a good thing. Can't believe I am saying it, but a higher draft pick would be great. We need to get an impact player and a higher pick would help that.

Its not like we would win a playoff series anyway...

But what would really be the difference between the 8th and 9th seed? A couple of picks.

Best game I have watched all season, Lance brings an intangible this team didn't have. His energy is relentless! That game was awesome. Never a dull moment with Lance with his layup at the end but who cares, that game was fun to watch for a change. Pacers back in 8th spot now. Paul George once again torched the Raptors as well with 35.

12 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Punk move by Stephenson. Just run the clock out man. The game was over. No need to make the layup. That's why nobody really wants to deal with him...

But we need him...we need that...we need attitude....we have none.

I listened to the game..down 19..won by 18...

I cant explain it

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I cant explain it

We need his energy not his stupidity. That was a very dumb move that caused unnecessary drama.  He just needs to play and cut out the dumb stuff he always does.

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I cant explain it

I totally agree 100%. I could care less he scored at the end, we need fire and passion. We have been pushed around all season and been called soft and Pacers fans have been ripping us all season for that. Welcome to Lance world baby! How anyone cant enjoy this win is puzzling. This game gave me chills and brought back 2013 memories.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

We need his energy not his stupidity. That was a very dumb move that caused unnecessary drama.  He just needs to play and cut out the dumb stuff he always does.

Blue.man.....what do you think the chances are he does that..based on what you know of Lance.?

What would that percentage be?

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

...Bulls losing...Charlotte loses.....we are not only still alive for the playoffs..we cold be the 7th or 6th seed.

Our schedule is very favorable the rest of the way

It's better than it could be but we still need to prove something down the stretch. the Bucks have kicked our butts all season and we needed a buzzer beater to beat the Hawks. PG has to play great and we have to have the same energy in all 4 games. It will be interesting with our inconsistency. Can't play like we did the first half of this one.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who cares, yeah it was a dumb move. Can you not just enjoy the way we played and be happy?

Never said I wasn't happy. It's just something you don't do. That's way too cocky for a team that is not even locked into the playoffs yet. People may not care but I still think he is the same immature guy. 

As long as he plays well it won't be as much of a factor though.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I totally agree 100%. I could care less he scored at the end, we need fire and passion. We have been pushed around all season and been called soft and Pacers fans have been ripping us all season for that. Welcome to Lance world baby! How anyone cant enjoy this win is puzzling. This game gave me chills and brought back 2013 memories.

That's exactly what I was thinking listening on the radio..

The last 2 games...we're fighting....not folding when we're behind..

....Lance ignites the crowd....I bet he;s happy being back

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Blue.man.....what do you think the chances are he does that..based on what you know of Lance.?

What would that percentage be?

Lance is gonna be Lance which scares me a lot. If he plays well it will turn out fine. If he doesn't he'll be gone sooner than we think.

Toronto has embarrassed us a few times....

.....so Lance scores a layup he doenst need....so what?

....They need to be more concerned with the other 106 points they let us score.

..most of 'em after they were up `18.  

I;m really crying a river of tears over Toronto's hurt feelings.

We have our own problems