dgambill

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, wizwor said:

I'm still here.  

goofyfootball3.png

Yeah I see you have been here since the 2014 Season/2015 Playoffs. You rarely Post though. I think many are wondering where AM Football is at and Dynasty is at. AM Football is probably partying her butt off after that win and the way we lost to the damn Lions haha. BB to me is the best Coach of all-time. Brady vs Peyton on the other hand, that can go either way IMO. Peyton has made the SB with 4 different Coaches and now does have 2 SB wins and a winning record in the Playoffs. Peyton was a 1 man wrecking crew and his own Coach at times so I am not buying Brady is better than Peyton. You can make plenty of arguments either way when it comes to those 2 QB's. Peyton also has won 5 League MVP's to Brady's 2. When it comes to BB, I don't think there is an argument to saying he is the best. He wins with Cassel and now gets a win with Jimmy G on the road against an NFC powerhouse. Pats were a 9 point underdog but no problem! His system and building teams are unmatched.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I see you have been here since the 2014 Season/2015 Playoffs. You rarely Post though. I think many are wondering where AM Football is at and Dynasty is at. AM Football is probably partying her butt off after that win and the way we lost to the damn Lions haha. BB to me is the best Coach of all-time. Brady vs Peyton on the other hand, that can go either way IMO. Peyton has made the SB with 4 different Coaches and now does have 2 SB wins and a winning record in the Playoffs. Peyton was a 1 man wrecking crew and his own Coach at times so I am not buying Brady is better than Peyton. You can make plenty of arguments either way when it comes to those 2 QB's. Peyton also has won 5 League MVP's to Brady's 2. When it comes to BB, I don't think there is an argument to saying he is the best. He wins with Cassel and now gets a win with Jimmy G on the road against an NFC powerhouse. Pats were a 9 point underdog but no problem! His system and building teams are unmatched.

AM is probably dead. She's never missed an offseason, let alone a season and she hasn't been back since it started to look like Brady was getting suspended (assuming that 1 person was her under another name...otherwise she's been gone since the AFCCG).

11 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

AM is probably dead. She's never missed an offseason, let alone a season and she hasn't been back since it started to look like Brady was getting suspended (assuming that 1 person was her under another name...otherwise she's been gone since the AFCCG).

I hope she is ok, maybe once Brady got suspended she quit watching football as in boycotting it.

On 9/11/2016 at 8:43 PM, dgambill said:

They aren't. They are well coached and we'll run and prepared for injuries because their backups just do their job. Plain and simple. That's what good coaching looks like. Not just on Sunday's but mon-sat too. Sorry but this team isn't going anywhere for a long time. BB and TB will be relevant long into Lucks career.

Yep!!! As much as many of us may not wanna face it and deal with it...I think you are very right!!!

TBH, I don't think Pagano is a very good head coach. Too often, he doesn't seem to have a clue what is going on. Did I want him fired after the Lions game? No. It would make no difference for this season. Do I want Bruce Arians? No. Do I want Carson Palmer instead of Andrew Luck? No. I'm not sure that Jim Harbaugh is the answer, either. He could be. I don't know. I would have gone for Jon (Chucky) Gruden at the end of last season. But the Colts problems are systemic problems - not just one, two or three problem guys in isolation.

The bottom line for me: The Colts are painful for me to watch. It's not a lack of talent. It seems to be a lack of understanding what they need to do and the ability to do it. Do I think this will change in the near future? Nope.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Exactly. The New England posters , sans wizwor, have disappeared like a Boston Cream Pie at a Weight Watchers Convention ! 

9 hours ago, CoachLite said:

TBH, I don't think Pagano is a very good head coach. Too often, he doesn't seem to have a clue what is going on. Did I want him fired after the Lions game? No. It would make no difference for this season. Do I want Bruce Arians? No. Do I want Carson Palmer instead of Andrew Luck? No. I'm not sure that Jim Harbaugh is the answer, either. He could be. I don't know. I would have gone for Jon (Chucky) Gruden at the end of last season. But the Colts problems are systemic problems - not just one, two or three problem guys in isolation.

The bottom line for me: The Colts are painful for me to watch. It's not a lack of talent. It seems to be a lack of understanding what they need to do and the ability to do it. Do I think this will change in the near future? Nope.

Not a question of talent?   Did you see the defense Sunday?

Guys I wouldn't want Gruden anywhere near my football team. He went so far so fast and will never come close again similar to Ditka and Johnson. 

I think Harbaugh is the best coach in football but no team besides Michigan exists in his mind right now and for the next several years probably. He could probably be lured away with money but we all know how that backfires often. Whoever gets him next will have to snatch him up the second he appears uninterested in going further at Michigan like the 49ers did.

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope she is ok, maybe once Brady got suspended she quit watching football as in boycotting it.

I could be wrong but I believe a lot of NE fans were lets say "expunged" from the forum awhile back. It's no coincidence that literally overnight we went from weekly trolling to a ghost town. I mean there has only been like two Tom Brady/NE threads in the last 6 months...and most are only a page or two long. I'm sure its no secret it's a lot more peaceful and enjoyable around here. Don't get me wrong there were some good Pat fans on here for a long time but I guess we had to clean up he boards and some were collateral damage. IMO good informed fan's I can have a good conversation no matter what team they support...but there is always those stirring the pot that ruin it for the rest.

14 minutes ago, BertJones said:

the game was just one of those week one,freak accidents.

dont base crap off it. Cardinals arent that bad and Pats arent that good this year.

It goes to show how important having a clutch kicker is. Panthers and Cards lose because their FG kicker cant make a kick they should. So of course Belichick is a genius now with his Superman powers of blowing his breath to make the kick go wide left! Lions beat us because they have a clutch kicker. Bills didn't win a SB because their kicker missed a 47 yard FG in perfect weather so they are known as a choking franchise with no SB wins and Jim Kelly is on the list of QB's to never win one. Had the Lions missed their FG everyone in here would be saying Luck is in the lead for MVP and Pagano did a fabulous job of Coaching because of our injuries. Because of 1 kick for many teams it changes most people's in the way of their thinking. Pagano should now be fired because a FG kicker made a kick to beat us - that really sums it up because Pagano wouldn't be getting any criticism had we won. People would probably even being saying his timeout was genius because it allowed the Offense to focus better haha 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It goes to show how important having a clutch kicker is. Panthers and Cards lose because their FG kicker cant make a kick they should. So of course Belichick is a genius now with his Superman powers of blowing his breath to make the kick go wide left! Lions beat us because they have a clutch kicker. Bills didn't win a SB because their kicker missed a 47 yard FG in perfect weather so they are known as a choking franchise with no SB wins and Jim Kelly is on the list of QB's to never win one. Had the Lions missed their FG everyone in here would be saying Luck is in the lead for MVP and Pagano did a fabulous job of Coaching because of our injuries. Because of 1 kick for many teams it changes most people's in the way of their thinking. Pagano should now be fired because a FG kicker made a kick to beat us - that really sums it up because Pagano wouldn't be getting any criticism had we won. People would probably even being saying his timeout was genius because it allowed the Offense to focus better haha 

It was more on the long snapper than the kicker in my opinion

47 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It was more on the long snapper than the kicker in my opinion

the snap was bad but the holder got the ball in pretty good position, still the kicker could of been thrown off by the bad snap and maybe follow through or stride got bit altered to allow holder to position ball properly, or maybe he was watching the bad snap & holder and not concentrating on his kick

10 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

Exactly. The New England posters , sans wizwor, have disappeared like a Boston Cream Pie at a Weight Watchers Convention ! 

Hey, I'm still here in the shadows. It was a well coached game, except BB admitted the last minute could've been done better from his perspective. Pretty lucky with the bad snap. Not convinced JG is the QB of the future, but he did well. Yes, BB is quite a coach, not sure the best pure coach of all time, but certainly the best tactician, along with Ernie Adams, and the rest of the staff. The best would be 4-0, and Brady sucks for a couple...haha, but in the end, TB will overcome any adversity, and I think JG will eventually move on. Looking forward to the drama. Too bad you guys lost. Good luck next game.

1 hour ago, bayone said:

the snap was bad but the holder got the ball in pretty good position, still the kicker could of been thrown off by the bad snap and maybe follow through or stride got bit altered to allow holder to position ball properly, or maybe he was watching the bad snap & holder and not concentrating on his kick

Kickers get thrown off by anything out of the ordinary.     They should have paid the guy they let go

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

The amazing Kreskin everyone.   Hey,   what's my favorite color?

I dont know you at all but I've watched enough football to see how little the first two weeks mean to any season.

Minn. lost to SF last year..Minn. is in playoffs,SF bites.

I said the Pats arent making the playoffs and I'll stay on that. Even if i'm wrong about that I'll still pick them to not make the SB.

in your case, I'll just say, blue.

I'm picking the Colts to lose this next game against Denver but I still expect them to have a positive year.

54 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I hate it and all but there is no comparison between the Cards/Pats and 49ers/Vikes. This isn't exactly Bill's first gig either. It's possible the Pats aren't that good but all that means is they'll get better.

i'm not comparing teams,just an example of the first two weeks meaning little.  I'm just saying the Pats will fail.

It doesnt mater whether its by sub par play,losses or injury.

stuff going your way for 15 years is ludicrous.

3 minutes ago, BertJones said:

i'm not comparing teams,just an example of the first two weeks meaning little.  I'm just saying the Pats will fail.

I like you as a poster, but I doubt the Pats fail or fall etc. If they literally do fall a bit this year, it would end up being 10 or 11 wins instead and they fall in seedings but still they are going to be in the playoffs and a huge huge AFC threat AGAIN.

It's just something we have to deal with.......this powerhouse has been around a long time and will continue to do so for a while whether we like it or not.

It's up to the Colts to someday maybe try to beat them?

1 hour ago, BertJones said:

You compared week 1 matchups across the board. That's just silly. Alot of teams that won last Sunday are going to win again a time or 10 this year and I'm pretty sure the Pats will be 1 of those teams.

11 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

You compared week 1 matchups across the board. That's just silly. Alot of teams that won last Sunday are going to win again a time or 10 this year and I'm pretty sure the Pats will be 1 of those teams.

ok..no, I did not compare anything  across any board. I generalized, Just gave a quick example.

I didnt say anything about all losers would win and all winners would lose going forward.

Stop defending the patriots lol.

when they fail this year I will take credit for it.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

I like you as a poster, but I doubt the Pats fail or fall etc. If they literally do fall a bit this year, it would end up being 10 or 11 wins instead and they fall in seedings but still they are going to be in the playoffs and a huge huge AFC threat AGAIN.

It's just something we have to deal with.......this powerhouse has been around a long time and will continue to do so for a while whether we like it or not.

It's up to the Colts to someday maybe try to beat them?

I had them winning 11 games, they now will win 12 because I had them losing Sunday. They aren't falling. My Predictions have been crap since I picked the Broncos to win it all, Sunday wasn't a good day for me nor was the NBA Finals but the Pats will win their Division with 12 wins. Even a casual fan could call that prediction.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had them winning 11 games, they now will win 12 because I had them losing Sunday. They aren't falling. My Predictions have been crap since I picked the Broncos to win it all, Sunday wasn't a good day for me nor was the NBA Finals but the Pats will win their Division with 12 wins. Even a casual fan could call that prediction.

LOL I was the only nut I think who rode the Cavs to come back when they were down 1-3 outside a few die hards maybe in Cleveland. So don't let that bother you. lmao 

My predictions have been shaky too in football.

Oddly I am usually better at basketball predictions (NBA and college) over football predictions. But, I messed up on March Madness this past year even though I won the year before a few times in a row.

NBA can be more fun for me to predict since it comes down to a full series where yes in the NFL the one game format and so few games makes it easier for underdogs to shock us. I didn't consider the Cavs a real underdog though, if Lebron James is on your team you are NOT a real underdog in my eyes despite what Vegas thinks.

And btw since this thread won't die maybe we should change the title later for Dolphins at Pats? :) 

10 minutes ago, Jules said:

Oddly I am usually better at basketball predictions (NBA and college) over football predictions. But, I messed up on March Madness this past year even though I won the year before a few times in a row.

NBA can be more fun for me to predict since it comes down to a full series where yes in the NFL the one game format and so few games makes it easier for underdogs to shock us. I didn't consider the Cavs a real underdog though, if Lebron James is on your team you are NOT a real underdog in my eyes despite what Vegas thinks.

And btw since this thread won't die maybe we should change the title later for Dolphins at Pats? :) 

I thought I was KING after my Broncos SB pick which I even picked before last season started then I picked Michigan St to win it all so I went from KING to dunce haha Then I picked the Spurs to win it all in the NBA and they were up on OKC 2-1 in the semis but lost 3 straight after that. This past Thursday/Sunday/Monday were a terrible days for me! I had the Panthers, Colts, Cards, Jets, Rams all winning and like a fool I had Bears over Texans in my upset special LOL. Bad week! I had Browns beating Eagles too and RG3 is now out for the season!

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought I was KING after my Broncos SB pick which I even picked before last season started then I picked Michigan St to win it all so I went from KING to dunce haha Then I picked the Spurs to win it all in the NBA and they were up on OKC 2-1 in the semis but lost 3 straight after that. This past Thursday/Sunday/Monday were a terrible days for me! I had the Panthers, Colts, Cards, Jets, Rams all winning and like a fool I had Bears over Texans in my upset special LOL. Bad week! I had Browns beating Eagles too and RG3 is now out for the season!

I did pick the Texans and Bengals to win. But, Cincy barely did. 

The ones I missed out big on were the Bills in Baltimore (the hell was that on offense for the Bills?), the Titans and Vikings (Titans started out good then fizzled away) and my upset special was stupid. I had the Skins over the Steelers. I have a dysfunctional relationship with the Pittsburgh Steelers anyway, it's tough to explain.........

I often go wild with an upset though every week.

I did have Eagles over Browns, but I have been high on the Eagles ever since seeing how rough their D could play in preseason when they wreaked havoc on us.

And THANKFULLY my Chiefs did win but when I woke up they were down 21 points. lmao 

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

I did pick the Texans and Bengals to win. But, Cincy barely did. 

The ones I missed out big on were the Bills in Baltimore (the hell was that on offense for the Bills?), the Titans and Vikings (Titans started out good then fizzled away) and my upset special was stupid. I had the Skins over the Steelers. I have a dysfunctional relationship with the Pittsburgh Steelers anyway, it's tough to explain.........

I often go wild with an upset though every week.

I did have Eagles over Browns, but I have been high on the Eagles ever since seeing how rough their D could play in preseason when they wreaked havoc on us.

And THANKFULLY my Chiefs did win but when I woke up they were down 21 points. lmao 

Yeah I was thinking about you when the Chiefs were down 27-10 but I did pick the Chiefs to win their Division so I was even looking bad too. Glad they won actually. Yeah I get a kick out of you and the Steelers haha (I mean that in a funny way). You seem to have bad luck with them when it comes to picking. I honestly don't think the Redskins are that good, they have been lucky because Romo has been in injured and the Giants haven't been the Giants of old in a few years.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I was thinking about you when the Chiefs were down 27-10 but I did pick the Chiefs to win their Division so I was even looking bad too. Glad they won actually. Yeah I get a kick out of you and the Steelers haha (I mean that in a funny way). You seem to have bad luck with them when it comes to picking. I honestly don't think the Redskins are that good, they have been lucky because Romo has been in injured and the Giants haven't been the Giants of old in a few years.

I have REALLY bad luck with the Steelers, awful. lmao Goes back to 1995. lmao 

I thought the Chiefs were down 21 once but maybe it was "just" 17 points. Nice comeback though. They could not afford to lose that one IMO based on the divisional competitiveness. I think they make the playoffs anyway.

Chiefs at Texans will be very interesting this weekend......

1 minute ago, Jules said:

I have REALLY bad luck with the Steelers, awful. lmao Goes back to 1995. lmao 

I thought the Chiefs were down 21 once but maybe it was "just" 17 points. Nice comeback though. They could not afford to lose that one IMO based on the divisional competitiveness. I think they make the playoffs anyway.

Chiefs at Texans will be very interesting this weekend......

Yeah I think it was 24-3 Chargers at one point. I am not sure. Chiefs and Texans is going to be a measuring stick game for those teams. If The Texans beat them, the Texans will have me worried regarding our Division. If Chiefs win in Houston then I will know the Chiefs are fine for the Regular Season.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think it was 24-3 Chargers at one point. I am not sure. Chiefs and Texans is going to be a measuring stick game for those teams. If The Texans beat them, the Texans will have me worried regarding our Division. If Chiefs win in Houston then I will know the Chiefs are fine for the Regular Season.

Both teams should be OK regardless of who wins this game between them, unless there is a shutout again. But, yeah if Houston wins I might worry a bit.

Chiefs have a few players out right now I believe they get back later.

Houston though has more to prove being at home with a new QB and being shutout by KC in the playoffs.

Regardless, we want the Chiefs!!!!! Chiefs all day everyday!!!!:cheer2:

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Both teams should be OK regardless of who wins this game between them, unless there is a shutout again. But, yeah if Houston wins I might worry a bit.

Chiefs have a few players out right now I believe they get back later.

Houston though has more to prove being at home with a new QB and being shutout by KC in the playoffs.

Regardless, we want the Chiefs!!!!! Chiefs all day everyday!!!!:cheer2:

Yeah I am on the Chiefs bandwagon as well. I have them winning their Division so we will see?

On 9/13/2016 at 11:16 AM, The Old Crow said:

Just starting to get back into the NFL season because of the baseball pennant races. Where did all of the goofy Patriot's fans/ forum provocateurs go ? Did they all get the collective boot ?

On 9/13/2016 at 7:06 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I lurk.  Have a friend who has a Colts shrine in his office.  Interesting dynamic -- his wife left the Colts with Manning.  He got the Colts.

Colts and Pats fans have had overlapping interests since both played in the AFC East.  Seems like they play at least twice each year still.  Of course, the Manning/Brady competition has been fun.  (I think Brady and Belichick complement each other.  I don't think TB12 would have been as good without Coach.  I don't think Bill would have made Manning much better.)

With regard to this weekend, I don't think it is reasonable to attribute any of the games to luck.  The Pats were nine point dogs.  The game should never have come down to a kick.  Special teams matter.  Whether it was the kicker or the snapper or the holder or the circumstances, the Cards were not ready -- situational football.  Just like the Malcolm Butler pick.

As for Jimmy G., I think he had a really good first game.  Time will tell if he is the next coming.  Right now, I am enjoying the ride.