Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England @ Arizona

dgambill

5 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

So what if the Patriots go 4-0 in this stretch? Does it validate the argument that it's not so much the QB, but the coaching and the system?

They will still defend Brady to their death and Brady is Great but Peyton is better IMO. Peyton went to the SB with 4 different Coaches. If you can win it all with Kubiak playing at not even close to your best then that says it all. I still think Montana is #1 all-time but Peyton is probably #2 because he wins in any system, Brady is Top 5 though as he is very clutch and has great Football IQ .

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Heck, in 2011 I was cheering for the Colts to go 0-16 without Peyton so I could say he was literally worth every single win to that franchise.....was pretty close to that.

Patriots on the other hand look just fine, their next three opponents are all at home and are all weaker than Arizona, and in 2008, they lost Brady on the first game and was still in playoff contention (although in fairness, they had a very easy schedule and practically the same offense from the prior year that set records). Only missed the playoffs due to like a 4th or 5th tiebreaker.

I think NE might have some battles with Miami and Houston.

Maybe not Buffalo if they show up and play like they did today on offense.

3 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Heck, in 2011 I was cheering for the Colts to go 0-16 without Peyton.....was pretty close to that.

Patriots on the other hand look just fine, their next three opponents are all at home and are all weaker than Arizona, and in 2008, they lost Brady on the first game and was still in playoff contention (although in fairness, they had a very easy schedule and practically the same offense from the prior year that set records). Only missed the playoffs due to like a 4th or 5th tiebreaker.

Sadly...the Colts are a franchise QB oriented team without much else.  Pats are a team with with a real coach who knows football and how to maximize talent.  Brady has benefited greatly from that but he will be efficiently replaced by Belichick when the time comes and they won't miss a beat.  Sucks for your division and the rest of the AFC.  

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Sadly...the Colts are a franchise QB oriented team without much else.  Pats are a team with with a real coach who knows football and how to maximize talent.  Brady has benefited greatly from that but he will be efficiently replaced by Belichick when the time comes and they won't miss a beat.  Sucks for your division and the rest of the AFC.  

I would bet belichick retires the same time Brady does

4 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Just think if we go 6-10 this season Irsay may fire our Coach and GM and if Michigan wins the National Title Harbaugh might leave Michigan = mission accomplished. Then Irsay can give Harbaugh the key to Indy to build our Defense and Coach Andrew like he did at Stanford.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just think if we go 6-10 this season Irsay may fire our Coach and GM and if Michigan wins the National Title Harbaugh might leave Michigan = mission accomplished. Then Irsay can give Harbaugh the key to Indy to build our Defense and Coach Andrew like he did at Stanford.

That isn't happening.  

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That would be good for a few years until Harbaugh wears out his welcome as he is so apt to do where ever he goes.  Still light years better than Pagano though.

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I would bet belichick retires the same time Brady does

He isn't that old is he?  Father Time could deliver Brady a K.O. blow and Bill would still have many good years of coaching left in him if he is so inclined.   Heck...it would be the perfect opportunity for him to further cement his legacy as a guru and mastermind behind the Patriots success.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Harbaugh for Coach and Peyton for GM. Free Agents would be beating down our doors to play here.

No thanks on the Peyton as GM part.  He has no experience.  We don't need another Griggson situation.  Bring Peyton on as a QB coach and we can talk.  He knows a lot about QBing in the NFL and would be invaluable in the film room.

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

No thanks on the Peyton as GM part.  He has no experience.  We don't need another Griggson situation.  Bring Peyton on as a QB coach and we can talk.  He knows a lot about QBing in the NFL and would be invaluable in the film room.

I get what you are saying but Peyton would never be a QB Coach unless I am way off base for saying so? I just cant picture that. I think Peyton would be awesome at it though.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get what you are saying but Peyton would never be a QB Coach unless I am way off base for saying so? I just cant picture that. I think Peyton would be awesome at it though.

i dont see it either.  Qb coach is not a prestigious job

he would probably rather retire or analyze

11 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

So when does this defense start playing like a top defensive unit, and not giving up 3rd and 15s to teams with a backup QB and top TE?

They are getting a lot of pressure on Jimmy G at times, big time. The Pats playcalling has been superb at times IMO with mixing things up.