Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Lions Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I'm also optimistic about Year 2 under Steichen. I wonder, though, what has happened to the people who were pushing for the Colts to retain Jeff Saturday. Do they still think that would have been a better course of action? 
    • Turner is the prototypical modern big man. Space the floor and protect the rim. Could he rebound better? Sure, but he spaces floor on offense which keeps him away from offensive glass and protects the rim which takes him off of the defensive glass at times. There's only so many Embiid's, Wemby's, Davis's, in the league that have the all around offensive  and defensive game.    When he was younger(not that he is old) he was more aggressive in blocking shots which led to injuries and foul trouble. I think he has toned it back a bit to try and avoid injuries and fouls, to be able to play and stay in more games. He did play in the most games(77) he's has played in since his 2nd season(81) in the league, and (16) more than last season, (30-35) more than the 2 prior seasons. So it seems to of helped in that aspect. He still isn't far off his career average though. Just a dip from league leader numbers he's had prior. He also played the fewest minutes per game he has since he was a rookie, so seems to be maybe a concerted effort to try and keep him healthy?   He has played the best he has ever played the last 2 years offensively, direct result of Haliburton, no doubt. And is just now about to turn 28 so entering his prime.   He will never be a big average per game rebounder. He will have games he can get 12-15, but more times than not will be in that 6-7 range.   I for one, still hope the team sees Myles as an integral part of the future.   Siakam is an ok rebounder, but not great, we actually have a really good rebounder on the roster, Tshiebwe, but we need more rebounding from the 1,2,3 spots.   So that seems to be our biggest need to me. We are a good team though reiand the future is bright. Definitely feels like a lost opportunity here. Feel like we should be up 3-1 even with Haliburton missing the 2 games.   Rebounding isn't Toppin's strong suit either as he likes to leak out on the fast break rather than crash boards.   When Toppin and Turner/or Siakam is out there together, there won't be much rebounding going on.   Jackson is a pretty solid rebounder, just creates spacing problems.   Smith is decent rebounder, but I think he opts out of his $5.4m contract and becomes free agent. If not, it just makes it more crowded for potential Tshiebwe minutes.           Going to be interesting to see what this team looks like next year. I think we might be in for more changes than we think, especially if we look to bring in a 3rd big name.   We have quite a few pieces to make things work though, if we want to go that route 
    • Say that at the end of the season.
    • Very true but we need to see how AR performs. Their running attack is said to be much improved. It would be nice to at least win the home game.
    • Yeah, for one game.  Pinter was that bad.  Of any O-linenan the Colts actually went into the season with as a starter, Pinter might be the worst Colts O-lineman of the past 15-20 years.  Dude was tossed around like a rag doll.   The official investigation is still ongoing as to whether Matt Ryan fell off the cliff or was pushed off the cliff by Pinter and Pryor.    
  • Members

• BeanDiasucci

BeanDiasucci 751

• w87r

w87r 14,435

Moderators
    • #12.

#12. 3,325

• ColtStrong2013

ColtStrong2013 3,537

• Moe

Moe 609