Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brad Seely To Interview With Colts

1959Colts

http://profootballta...ory/rumor-mill/

With these pending interviews, It seems Irsay must not be 100% sure who he wants?

I think at least part of this is that you've got a GM who has never hired anyone before. The more interviews you give, the more you learn about what you need to ask and find out.

Once you've completed the first round of interviews, the second round provides the ability to ask those questions that you've learned need to be asked.

Ugh, this would be a bad choice for Indy IMO. I'm admittedly biased though. He spent some time in NE and I'm not sure he's the right guy for your team. I'd rather see Indy bring in a higher profile kind-of-guy.

That seals it. We need to hire this guy now!

:clap:

Just a crazy thought, perhaps irsay and grigson are interviewing candidates for the many coordinator and coaching positions that are available...

That sounds like what very well could be happening. I don't think it sounds like a crazy thought at all. Maybe we are both wrong though. Who knows the way things are going. haha

A special teams coach? I know we need a major change in that area but,that seems like an odd choice. If that happens we better hit home runs with the DC and OC.

John Harbaugh spent all but one year coahing the Special Teams with the Eagles before being named Head Coach of the Ravens. While it's odd it's not unheard of.

http://profootballta...ory/rumor-mill/

With these pending interviews, It seems Irsay must not be 100% sure who he wants?

Maybe this is one of the promises he is telling us about, another no name to come in for an interview, which is still better than Childress. Comn Jim go get us that real coach we need. I am shocked this job is not arousing some bigger names.

Maybe this is one of the promises he is telling us about, another no name to come in for an interview, which is still better than Childress. Comn Jim go get us that real coach we need. I am shocked this job is not arousing some bigger names.

Like who?

It's not that Cowher and Gruden don't have interest in the Colts it's that they don't have interest in coaching and have said that for a few years now.

Fisher already had a job when ours came open.

What other bigger names are there out there that you were hoping for?

Also it could be maybe the Colts job isn't as good as we think it is. I mean look at the questions around it. You don't know who the QB is going to be next year. You don't know if you are going to build the rest of the team from scrap while the team pays Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck $50 million and you don't know if you are going to be the guy tied to trying to make the team win without Peyton Manning.

Right now the Colts are an older team in trouble with the salary cap that is getting ready to go into a rebuilding mood with an unproven GM. There is a good chance that by the team comes out of that you wont be the head coach anymore. That's part of the reason I thought maybe keeping Jim Caldwell for an extra year might not have been a bad thing. It would have let us see if maybe one of the bigger names in coaching change their minds about coaching and probably answer some of the unanswered questions about our team at the moment.

This isn't taking over the team when Dungy walked away with several players still in their prime ready to make a run to the Super Bowl. Heck this isn't even when Dungy took over the team when you had several good young peaces already in place and if you make a right move or two you are a Super Bowl Team. If anything this is when Jim Mora took over the team which would be about the last time the Colts job wasn't that exciting of an opening because there was a lot of rebuilding that had to be done. It could be this isn't viewed as a great job at the moment.

Like who?

It's not that Cowher and Gruden don't have interest in the Colts it's that they don't have interest in coaching and have said that for a few years now.

Fisher already had a job when ours came open.

What other bigger names are there out there that you were hoping for?

Also it could be maybe the Colts job isn't as good as we think it is. I mean look at the questions around it. You don't know who the QB is going to be next year. You don't know if you are going to build the rest of the team from scrap while the team pays Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck $50 million and you don't know if you are going to be the guy tied to trying to make the team win without Peyton Manning.

Right now the Colts are an older team in trouble with the salary cap that is getting ready to go into a rebuilding mood with an unproven GM. There is a good chance that by the team comes out of that you wont be the head coach anymore. That's part of the reason I thought maybe keeping Jim Caldwell for an extra year might not have been a bad thing. It would have let us see if maybe one of the bigger names in coaching change their minds about coaching and probably answer some of the unanswered questions about our team at the moment.

This isn't taking over the team when Dungy walked away with several players still in their prime ready to make a run to the Super Bowl. Heck this isn't even when Dungy took over the team when you had several good young peaces already in place and if you make a right move or two you are a Super Bowl Team. If anything this is when Jim Mora took over the team which would be about the last time the Colts job wasn't that exciting of an opening because there was a lot of rebuilding that had to be done. It could be this isn't viewed as a great job at the moment.

I am not sure I guess we are down to Zimmer or Pagona in my opinion. I guess, I wish big Jim would quit tweeting about surprises and building drama AND just hire someone. Why hype it all up? I think the fan base has and is being yo-yoed enough.

Irsay becoming like PT Barnum now with this possible HC wonder, that possible HC wonder; and fans gonna feel hosed.

Hosed! If it is Childress or a couple of these other bafoons, we will revolt! Wow maybe Caldwell wasn't so bad. This is very hard for me to except that Caldwell or a Caldwell type, I.e. learn on the job, is the best we can do.

Hopefully he could coach our players not hold the ball out where it could be stripped easily! :P

Maybe the league will pass some new rules this offseason to cover that! Holding a guy up and having 4-5 players try to rip the ball away isnt football - thats more like smear the 'cough' ..... blow the whistle play is over!

At this point I would guess he already has made a decision.

I still think OC and DC are going to be much more interesting news than hc.

why? cause a new OC probably seals the deal, PM is gone.

a DC because it will tell us what type of D we are playing, and who are we resigning (mathis??) or releasing(freeney?)

I think at least part of this is that you've got a GM who has never hired anyone before. The more interviews you give, the more you learn about what you need to ask and find out.

Once you've completed the first round of interviews, the second round provides the ability to ask those questions that you've learned need to be asked.

Those are good ponts. The more interviews Grigson does, the better at interviewing he is going to get. The more points of view he gets the better also.

I am not sure I guess we are down to Zimmer or Pagona in my opinion. I guess, I wish big Jim would quit tweeting about surprises and building drama AND just hire someone. Why hype it all up? I think the fan base has and is being yo-yoed enough.

Fair enough. I just saw your post and I was like what big name is out there that really flat out rejected us? Personally I am with you I would be fine with either Zimmer or Pagona.

Unless Seely comes packaged with Jim Harbaugh,,,,thanks but no thanks.

I am a huge Harbaugh fan, but I wasn't real impressed with his act on Sunday. A Belichek type congrats to the Giants coach and then refusing to speak with the media, not real classy on Jims part. I never pegged Jim for cry baby.

I think people are hyperventilating a bit early here. We went eight days without a GM. Six days later, we got rid of the head coach. Seven days later, we're still interviewing. It's been three weeks since the season ended. They're saying we'll pick someone this week.

Like Bob Marley said: Every little thing gonna be alright.

I think people are hyperventilating a bit early here. We went eight days without a GM. Six days later, we got rid of the head coach. Seven days later, we're still interviewing. It's been three weeks since the season ended. They're saying we'll pick someone this week.

Like Bob Marley said: Every little thing gonna be alright.

Not only that, but Irsay said last week that we would have a HC by mid to late this week. AND he has a contest today regarding fans guessing who the next HC is, and strictly stated guesses have to be in TONIGHT by midnight. If we don't announce a coach tomorrow, I will be thoroughly surprised. I think the announcement will come with the announcement of all of our coordinators (whether or not Clyde is retained), and by the end of the week all of the assistant positions will be filled.

Maybe the league will pass some new rules this offseason to cover that! Holding a guy up and having 4-5 players try to rip the ball away isnt football - thats more like smear the 'cough' ..... blow the whistle play is over!

I was referring to Kyle Williams...about a ST play...that this guy coached, not Ahmad Bradshaw. :)

I am a huge Harbaugh fan, but I wasn't real impressed with his act on Sunday. A Belichek type congrats to the Giants coach and then refusing to speak with the media, not real classy on Jims part. I never pegged Jim for cry baby.

I love Harbaugh too but Harbaugh has never exactly been the most classy person in the world. The handshake with the Lions coach, running it up on USC, stirring it up with Pete Carrol before he left, punching Jim Kelly in the mouth as a player. Most of the time Harbaugh gets a pass from us I think because we love Harbaugh and frankly the guys he tends to be a jerk too are also jerks.