Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday Defends Peyton On Nfl Network [Merge]

bap1331

I hope everyone has a chance to look at it, especially Irsay. He basically said Peyton is put Qb until he retires and the hardest worker in the nfl. This is coming from one of the most well respected veterans and reminds us that it would be better for our future replacement to learn.

Jeff is very well spoken. I saw the status update ManningToCollie had posted so of course I had to watch the program.

He said no doubt in his mind if Peyton can play he would be the starting qb. From what he implied (and he did not come right out and say it, this is just the way I took it) if Peyton can play he will not retire.

But he thinks Peyton will be ready to go by next season.

Jeff isn't liable to pay 50 million to someone who may or may not be able to contribute, he should probably stay off of it. He's openly considering retirement, if he wants to play with Peyton just say that. This whole Peyton should be the QB until X isn't how things work, and "things" are all ready happening. I don't mind the sentiment, but this doesn't really help.

Jeff isn't liable to pay 50 million to someone who may or may not be able to contribute, he should probably stay off of it. He's openly considering retirement, if he wants to play with Peyton just say that. This whole Peyton should be the QB until X isn't how things work, and "things" are all ready happening. I don't mind the sentiment, but this doesn't really help.

Yea it doesn't help your views and opinion, I can see why you would have a problem with. So everyone else can comment on it but not people close to the situation, or is it people who don't share your views.

Yeah, I agree. Anyone who doesn't personally have millions of dollars at stake over the Manning decision should just refrain from commenting on it.

I hope everyone has a chance to look at it, especially Irsay. He basically said Peyton is put Qb until he retires and the hardest worker in the nfl. This is coming from one of the most well respected veterans and reminds us that it would be better for our future replacement to learn.

Petyon is the best QB to ever play Pro Football. Why does it need to be regurgetated (SP) and don't care by the way... "P... over and over?

The Manning scenario is about ONE thing. Can Peyton pay, and they DOES he want to play, and then......... WHO does he want to play for.

I guarantee you all.... If Manning plays in 12, it will not be in a Colt uni. And I am fine with that.

I think that is the way "business" should go... Communicate. and talk about it.. and make an educated decision on the "best course of plan for TEAM X, and player Z. What is "best for both?"

A parting of ways in no way makes PM less of a Colt. PM will be a Colt forever.

heck, Harbaugh had one great play9ff run... and he is a SAINT in the city..... and deseverdly so....

Just my opinion but I think if Peyton is healthy he is a Colt for the next couple of years and him and Irsay make a deal to transition from him to Luck ( if we draft luck there are rumours of RG3) after two seasons and Peyton takes a different role with the organization. This would be what I would like to see but as many of us have already said this is also a business and if Green Bay can move on from Favre and the niners could move on from Montana than the Colts can move on from Peyton. Either way I will always be a fan of Peyton and will cheer for him wherever he is, and of course I will always be a Colts fan. Either way I am prepared for either scenario with or without Peyton all good things end, and every ending provides a chance for a great beginning.

Why are so many people so touchy about people expressing their opinions?? Either here or elsewhere? First of all, here on the forum...that is the basic premise of a forum...to share opinions and generate discussion. You might not always disagree with someone sharing the exact opposite of what you feel, but to tell someone to not share their opinion flies in the face of exactly what this forum is intended for. And to say that a player doesn't have the right to express his opinion, particularly when asked a direct question, is simply ridiculous. It's actually refreshing to hear a player give a direct and well-thought response to a direct question.

So lighten up people...

Why are so many people so touchy about people expressing their opinions?? Either here or elsewhere? First of all, here on the forum...that is the basic premise of a forum...to share opinions and generate discussion. You might not always disagree with someone sharing the exact opposite of what you feel, but to tell someone to not share their opinion flies in the face of exactly what this forum is intended for. And to say that a player doesn't have the right to express his opinion, particularly when asked a direct question, is simply ridiculous. It's actually refreshing to hear a player give a direct and well-thought response to a direct question.

So lighten up people...

True dat all the way!!! If it were me, I would probably ask everyone to get some thick skin or grow a pair if they were all of my sex but then there is the opposite sex I would have to address too, LOL :) :)

Lol I saw it right away and was gonna like it, but didn't want you to think I took it like that....funny

Maybe I should have added a sarcasm smiley? People here rarely pick up on subtle sarcasm. I know it's hard to convey sarcasm via text, but it seems especially hard to get across here. Glad at least a couple picked up on it.

So lighten up people...

Who are you to tell people to lighten up? I have just as much right to be obnoxious and uptight as the next person. And since you don't have $50 million to pay for therapy to get me to lighten up, I don't think you should express that thought.

{Since other things I have said on this forum have not been taken in jest, I figure I should have this disclaimer. The above post where I am quoting TubaGuy is meant as a joke.}

I think Saturday knows what he is talking about. If Peyton Manning is healthy, he will be the Colts QB next year. If he is not, he will retire. I really believe it is as simple as that and has nothing to do with our number 1 pick. This is not a very sexy story though, so of course the media and fanbase wants to talk about other scenarios (no matter how unlikely).

Who are you to tell people to lighten up? I have just as much right to be obnoxious and uptight as the next person. And since you don't have $50 million to pay for therapy to get me to lighten up, I don't think you should express that thought.

{Since other things I have said on this forum have not been taken in jest, I figure I should have this disclaimer. The above post where I am quoting TubaGuy is meant as a joke.}

Hahaha...well Coffeedrinker, there you go again...!! :stir: (I saw your tongue squarely in your cheek!...)

Good to see you back around!

You might be joshin," but in case your not, you just did (comment on it, that is).

I guess I'll spell it out.

The Fish made the comment that since Saturday won't have to pay Manning, he shouldn't offer his opinion. I made my comment sarcastically, since The Fish also doesn't have to pay Manning. I was trying to point out the irony of a person who comes on the internet to offer their opinions on football calling someone else (who actually has more stake in what happens than any of us do) for doing the same thing.

They asked him a question, and he answered it honestly. Simple as that.

I guess I'll spell it out.

The Fish made the comment that since Saturday won't have to pay Manning, he shouldn't offer his opinion. I made my comment sarcastically, since The Fish also doesn't have to pay Manning. I was trying to point out the irony of a person who comes on the internet to offer their opinions on football calling someone else (who actually has more stake in what happens than any of us do) for doing the same thing.

meh..you missed the point. I'm not surprised, as you made a non issue a way of deflecting FACT. Jeff Saturday is considering retirement, he's paid by the same boss.(The main distinction from whatever "cute" point you made). Peyton's situation is well documented, so I'm guessing I don't have to explain it. Considering plenty of folks in the Colts organization are being shown the door (loosing their job) based around the fact Peyton didn't play and he got paid 30 million dollars and is in line for another 20 some makes a hard line to sell that he should be QB for X amount of years (because he has at most a few left, were talking NFL football here, not sentiment), especially in the light of the FACT that there is a lot of unease by fan's (his audience who cares what he says.. us) over what's going to happen with Peyton and that #1 pick. To many variables in this situation for a guy like Saturday to "answer the question" with one foot out the door. How did this make the front offices job i.e-co workers, job any easier? It didn't, but the "homers" have some more :cupcake:

meh..you missed the point. I'm not surprised, as you made a non issue a way of deflecting FACT. Jeff Saturday is considering retirement, he's paid by the same boss.(The main distinction from whatever "cute" point you made). Peyton's situation is well documented, so I'm guessing I don't have to explain it. Considering plenty of folks in the Colts organization are being shown the door (loosing their job) based around the fact Peyton didn't play and he got paid 30 million dollars and is in line for another 20 some makes a hard line to sell that he should be QB for X amount of years (because he has at most a few left, were talking NFL football here, not sentiment), especially in the light of the FACT that there is a lot of unease by fan's (his audience who cares what he says.. us) over what's going to happen with Peyton and that #1 pick. To many variables in this situation for a guy like Saturday to "answer the question" with one foot out the door. How did this make the front offices job i.e-co workers, job any easier? It didn't, but the "homers" have some more :cupcake:

Periods are your friend.

Also, I don't think anyone was looking at Saturday's comments as a definitive answer to the Peyton question. It's just one person's opinion, but I don't see how his opinion is any less valid than Joe Nobody who happens to peruse these forums.

The "homers" have some more cupcake?

I didn't say he shouldn't give an opinion, I said it was a bad one, difference.

"Jeff isn't liable to pay 50 million to someone who may or may not be able to contribute, he should probably stay off of it." Sounds like you're saying he shouldn't be commenting.

Right now it just seems that the once proud ship run by Mr Polian and then Dungy had control and uniformity. Right now all that is gone. Irsay just sold the house without having plans to move and find a new one. So now the picking is slim and all that is left are a bunch of shacks. Also, the Colts now seem to be run by a couple of guys playing fantasy football in their man cave looking up stats on the Internet and reading blogs to see who might be the best. It's gonna be a long road if Peyton isn't back and help keep the wheels on this bus.