Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 5 valuable Colts players

Footballlax31

Who do you guys thing are going to be the most valuable players next season for the Colts. My top five is...

1. Andrew Luck-We saw what we were without him last season. The only reason we got to 8-8 imo was Pagano passion and the afc south

2  Vonte Davis-If he gets back to playing like a top 10 or top 5 CB he will be a big part of us winning division/superbowl.

3.Jake Mewhort-He has been solid his first two years and I think he will break out and really anchor the o line

4.T.Y Hilton-He kept his numbers up last year even with the QB situation. Now he is the veteran WR on the group 

5. Henry Anderson-He showed a lot of promise as a rookie and was always getting tackles for a lose. He was a serious DROY player untill the ACL

X-factor-Pat McAfee-He does so much to pin opposing offenses deep and has gotten a lot of onside kicks. He is the best punter in the league. Also add this man on snapchat he is so funny.

What do you guys think is the most valuable?

My Top 5:

1. Andrew Luck

2. TY Hilton

3. Pat McAfee

4. Vontae Davis

5. Adam Vinatieri

- I know have a Punter and Kicker on my list but I would almost bet Adam wins a game or 2 with a FG. I also think Pat has at least 1 or 2 games where he controls the field position for us with his Punts and that is the main reason why we win. Vontae definitely belongs because he is our only Good Corner and he's Very Good. Hopefully he gets back to 2014 status where he was Great. If we lose Andrew or TY we are screwed IMO, especially Andrew considering Hass is no longer with us anymore. TY is a big game WR late in close games so if we lose him, Andrew would lose his security blanket. He has had so many big catches late in games to help us win over the years.

1 minute ago, IndyD4U said:

Our top 15 LT should probably be on this list...just a thought 

Yeah It's tough not listing any O.Lineman because they are so important to help protect Luck but the 5 players I listed we cant lose any of them or we are really in trouble. The O.Line as a unit just needs to stay healthy.

2 hours ago, Footballlax31 said:

Who do you guys thing are going to be the most valuable players next season for the Colts. My top five is...

1. Andrew Luck-We saw what we were without him last season. The only reason we got to 8-8 imo was Pagano passion and the afc south

2  Vonte Davis-If he gets back to playing like a top 10 or top 5 CB he will be a big part of us winning division/superbowl.

3.Jake Mewhort-He has been solid his first two years and I think he will break out and really anchor the o line

4.T.Y Hilton-He kept his numbers up last year even with the QB situation. Now he is the veteran WR on the group 

5. Henry Anderson-He showed a lot of promise as a rookie and was always getting tackles for a lose. He was a serious DROY player untill the ACL

X-factor-Pat McAfee-He does so much to pin opposing offenses deep and has gotten a lot of onside kicks. He is the best punter in the league. Also add this man on snapchat he is so funny.

Why would Mewhort (who is good) be more valuable than Castanzo (who is better)...??

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why would Mewhort (who is good) be more valuable than Castanzo (who is better)...??

I think a player is as valuable as his last season says he is(FA usually shows that as well). The last year Mewhort had a pretty good year....While Castonzo was pretty bad overall. Castonzo also put up his only 1 great year at LT the year before last while Mewhort has had 2 solid years in a row. Positional value says LT is obviously more valuable then a G but Mewhort is better at his position then Castonzo is at his right now

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

2 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I think a player is as valuable as his last season says he is (with few other factors involved of course....such as injury) and last year Mewhort had a pretty good year....While Castonzo was pretty bad overall. Castonzo also put up his only 1 great year at LT the year before last while Mewhort has had 2 solid years in a row. Positional value says LT is obviously more valuable then a G but Mewhort is better at his position then Castonzo is at his right now

This was going to be my answer too. Mewhort has a higher ceiling imo.

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

I think a player is as valuable as his last season says he is(FA usually shows that as well). The last year Mewhort had a pretty good year....While Castonzo was pretty bad overall. Castonzo also put up his only 1 great year at LT the year before last while Mewhort has had 2 solid years in a row. Positional value says LT is obviously more valuable then a G but Mewhort is better at his position then Castonzo is at his right now

I think the Colts front office would not agree with much (any?) of what you'd said here....

6 hours ago, Footballlax31 said:

(1) Luck -- obvious

(2) Art Jones -- with chances that Henry Anderson will not be at full strength to start this coming season, and with Art hopefully fully healthy after being injured early last year, I think he is our best DL.  Stats show when he is healthy and on the field, our run defense is much better.  While he isn't an elite pass-rusher, he can push the pocket.  Any sort of pass rush will help Vontae and the secondary out tremendously -- and the way Art has shown to be able to eat up blockers helps the linebackers out tremendously.

(3) AC -- Protects Luck's blindside

(4) Mathis -- he is the only pass-rusher we really have to speak of at LB at the moment (Newsome was cut, Trent Cole was a major disappointment, Walden is more of an edge-setter though he has pass-rush skills).  If Mathis can give us double digit sacks or at least be a constant threat at hitting/pressuring the QB, Vontae and the secondary look way better.

(5) Pat McAfee -- the guy plays a major role in setting field position for us on both kickoffs and punts.  If he continues to perform like a top 3 punter, it makes the whole team's job much easier.

-Notables:  Vontae, Geathers, Vinatieri, Adams, rest of OL, Allen, Henry Anderson, Langford

-- I don't have any WR's here, because I believe if Luck is healthy and given the time, he can make any WR look good -- TY, Moncrief, Dorsett are all valuable to this team, no doubt -- but if one went down, there is no reason why the other 2 shouldn't be able to step up and contribute significantly.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the Colts front office would not agree with much (any?) of what you'd said here....

That would be fine....Not surprising in the least....par for the course these last 4 years.

1. Luck- Nothing to be said here, our roster could be twice as talented overall and Luck would probably still the best guy on our roster.

2. Davis- Had a down year, but is there really any doubt that he is still a top CB in the league?

3. AC- Not elite, but he's generally really solid, and that's not nothing in a league always with teams always hungry to upgrade their OTs.

4. Hilton- Had a down year, especially after making his payday. Still decent numbers though, and hopefully much of last year's slump was due to missing Luck, and an underperforming supporting cast (see: Andre Johnson)

5. Gore- I know he's older l, but I'm a little surprised I didn't see anyone name him. He looked great last year when he had real holes to run through.)