Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wait Until After The Super Bowl To Find Head Coach

bap1331

it would be awesome to get someone from the final four teams. i mean the people we are interviewing are out of the playoffs because they dont know how to win a super bowl. =) Except for the Saints offensive coordinator who had 4 seconds on the clock to beat the 49ers defense.

it would be awesome to get someone from the final four teams. i mean the people we are interviewing are out of the playoffs because they dont know how to win a super bowl. =) Except for the Saints offensive coordinator who had 4 seconds on the clock to beat the 49ers defense.

Don't wait. Get the guy you want.

The SBs in Indy.

If we have interest in any of those coaches, interview them while they're in town for those two weeks (if permission granted).

So picture this. The SB just ended, players are all over the field. The camera breaks to the SB MVP. A coach jumps in front of the camera, and shouts......'I'm going to Indy'. Then we'll know.

My wife just pinched me. Bad dream.

Its not quite that simple..

Not to kick an old can..

buy we just fired guys who took us to the Super Bowl...

..its more about building a new team either immediately or eventually

well its only like 3 more weeks. we have plenty of time in the offseason.

So the Colts should only interview the coaches from the team that wins the SB? Because everyone else obviously does not know how to win a SB.

Its not quite that simple..

Not to kick an old can..

buy we just fired guys who took us to the Super Bowl...

..its more about building a new team either immediately or eventually

Oh, come on - Caldwell rode Peyton's coattails into the SB. Where did Caldwell take us this year without Peyton?

I strongly disagree with waiting to hire a head coach. I think we should get a head coach as soon as we can (as long as we get a guy we want and not hire a guy just for the sake of hiring someone) so he can put his coaching staff together. Then they can start implementing their system and all that kind of stuff. The faster you get these guys together, the better.

Heard on sirius nfl channel today this same thought. Tim ryan and pat kerwin said dont be surprised if one of the teams looking for a new HC would wait to decide for this exact reason. They are two smart football dudes!

Thats fine if you want to hire someone from the final 4...but if that is the case why haven't we heard any news of the Colts asking permission to speak with any of them? 3 of the 4 had a bye, we could have asked during the wild card week, but did not. We could ask again next week...

Thats fine if you want to hire someone from the final 4...but if that is the case why haven't we heard any news of the Colts asking permission to speak with any of them? 3 of the 4 had a bye, we could have asked during the wild card week, but did not. We could ask again next week...

Forgive me for stating the obvious but it's because the Colts still had a HC at the time.

To be honest, from an experience point of view, Zimmer is the best one available. Carmichael and Chudzinski might be offensive wizards but have a "johnny come lately" feel to them. That is why signing Zimmer is a must and will bring instant respect, much like when we signed a defensive minded Tony Dungy, IMO.

Mike Zimmer as head coach, Clyde continues to be OC with Jim Tressel as offensive assistant (let us not forget Tressel was OC, QB/RB/WR coach in college, so extensive experience on the offensive side), and Jack Del Rio for DC.

Yep, an odd combination but a combination that will be respected and that can be made to work.

Fewell as Head Coach, Zimmer as Assistant Coach/Defensive Coordinator, Tressel as OC.

OH YEAH!!!!!!!

Zimmer isn't going to make a move to take the same job he has now with another team. If he leaves the Bengals he's leaving for a head coaching job (hopefully ours but that's besides the point right now).

Also why are people so high on Fewell up to a month ago most people thought the Giants were going to fire him at season's end? That team has won most of the season because of Eli's right arm. It's been a good defense in the past month and it might be enough to win a Super Bowl but it's not the same defense that won a Super Bowl in 2007.

Zimmer isn't going to make a move to take the same job he has now with another team. If he leaves the Bengals he's leaving for a head coaching job (hopefully ours but that's besides the point right now).

Also why are people so high on Fewell up to a month ago most people thought the Giants were going to fire him at season's end? That team has won most of the season because of Eli's right arm. It's been a good defense in the past month and it might be enough to win a Super Bowl but it's not the same defense that won a Super Bowl in 2007.

Fewell's the guy that lead a BAD Buffalo team to a 3-4 record. He's had an ok year even with some tough injuries. He would be an excellent HC.