Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 Post Free Agency Mock Draft 2.0

With the robinson signing, that basically takes CB off the list of draft needs

1.A'Shawn Robinson, NT, Alabama(first day starter with jones and langford if anderson isnt healthy and allows us to have a lot of depth with parry and mcgil)

2.Kamalei Correa, 3-4OLB, Boise State 

3.Kyle Murphy T Stanford (Im not a fan of any of the guards which is why I keep going after Tackles. I think the tackle class is very deep this year)

4.Jordan Jenkins 3-4OLB Georgia

5.Blake Martinez ILB Stanford(doesnt do anything great, but does a lot of things very well)

7.Curt Maggitt 3-4OLB Tennessee

I know im going pass rush crazy, but every one of our pass rushers are in their 30s and two are on their last year of their contracts. not to mention mathis is 35 with no successor currently on the roster. 

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

19 sacks in two seasons

Right after you posted this I randomly looked at his tape vs Colorado State and was not impressed. Had a late sack and pretty much nothing else. No tackles, assisted tackles. I don't even think I saw more than 1 pressure.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Right after you posted this I randomly looked at his tape vs Colorado State and was not impressed. Had a late sack and pretty much nothing else. No tackles, assisted tackles. I don't even think I saw more than 1 pressure.

his 2014 season was better. had 12 sacks. a lot of teams focused their attention on him this season

2 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

Would say no to D-line or O-line in 1st.  Would like CB or Edge rusher in 1st.

Like Correa, IMO, is little raw, but has good up side.

In 3rd, instead of Tackle, look at Centers

we dont need a CB now with robinson. Im fine with holmes. I think we need someone to play RT so we can move reitz to guard or have him as our 6th olineman

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

we dont need a CB now with robinson. Im fine with holmes. I think we need someone to play RT so we can move reitz to guard or have him as our 6th olineman

Went to NFL.Com and San Diego's site to look up Robinson.  Had decent year and played all 16 games, but did not start and played slot.  I do not see him playing outside without a high drafted CB behind him.

We have to draft a Center and a Guard. No matter what. No way can we go into the season with Holmes and Thornton and no other real options. If we draft a guard in the 2nd or 3rd, and Thornton breaks out and becomes a beast, then we have a great problem. But if we don't draft a G and Thornton continues to be mediocre, and hasn't improved, then we're in the exact same situation for the 5th straight year. Same with Holmes. We have to bring in some guys with the intention of replacing them if we want a good O-Line. My goal is a top 10 line. Imagine Luck. With all those weapons with an elite O-Line. It'd be on.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

We have to draft a Center and a Guard. No matter what. No way can we go into the season with Holmes and Thornton and no other real options. If we draft a guard in the 2nd or 3rd, and Thornton breaks out and becomes a beast, then we have a great problem. But if we don't draft a G and Thornton continues to be mediocre, and hasn't improved, then we're in the exact same situation for the 5th straight year. Same with Holmes. We have to bring in some guys with the intention of replacing them if we want a good O-Line.

Im not a fan of this guard class. there arent really any stand outs. as for center I dont think holmes is really that bad. I just think the power blocking scheme doesnt fit him. hes not that strong at the point of attack, but he is agile for a olineman which can play to his benefit in the ZBS

3 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

Went to NFL.Com and San Diego's site to look up Robinson.  Had decent year and played all 16 games, but did not start and played slot.  I do not see him playing outside without a high drafted CB behind him.

good point, however I think with the signing of robinson, drafting smith last year, and perhaps a gem in tevin mitchell, the colts might be happy with what they have at CB

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Im not a fan of this guard class. there arent really any stand outs. as for center I dont think holmes is really that bad. I just think the power blocking scheme doesnt fit him. hes not that strong at the point of attack, but he is agile for a olineman which can play to his benefit in the ZBS

But again. That would be a major gamble. There's a couple guards in this class who'll go in the 2nd and 3rd who will be very good players. Same with Center. I think any one of Martin, Boehm, or Westerman would instantly fix our problem at Center. But I mean yeah. Its possible in our new scheme Holmes and Thornton breakout, but its also probably more likely they don't. So then what? Same situation as last year. I also think with the comments Grigs and Pags have made that we'll definitely be drafting some interior linemen. They both said we have to address the interior. If they didn't like a few of the interior prospects in this class we would have signed a vet guard like Evan Mathis to compete with Thornton. Or a Center like Wisniewski or Ramirez. After what's happened with our line the last few years, and Grigson's job STILL on the line, I don't see any possible scenario we don't bring in a G and C in this draft.

9 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

He started 10 games. 

16 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

This was his first year in the slot. He had 2 really good years with NO playing outside. He'll be our number 2 unless D'Joun Smith breaks out.

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

But again. That would be a major gamble. There's a couple guards in this class who'll go in the 2nd and 3rd who will be very good players. Same with Center. I think any one of Martin, Boehm, or Westerman would instantly fix our problem at Center. But I mean yeah. Its possible in our new scheme Holmes and Thornton breakout, but its also probably more likely they don't. So then what? Same situation as last year. I also think with the comments Grigs and Pags have made that we'll definitely be drafting some interior linemen. They both said we have to address the interior. If they didn't like a few of the interior prospects in this class we would have signed a vet guard like Evan Mathis to compete with Thornton. Or a Center like Wisniewski or Ramirez. After what's happened with our line the last few years, and Grigson's job STILL on the line, I don't see any possible scenario we don't bring in a G and C in this draft.

true there will be guards drafted, but imo their not the best player on the board. we'd be reaching just to fill a need when a better player is on the board. 

I love Correa in the 2nd btw. I think he's the kind of guy who'll surprise some people with how well he plays next year. He has the skillset to be a good pass rusher IMO. There was even an article comparing him to Clay Mathews on NFL.Com.

12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

good point, however I think with the signing of robinson, drafting smith last year, and perhaps a gem in tevin mitchell, the colts might be happy with what they have at CB

I am willing to see about Robinson.  Am not convinced Smith is an outside CB due measurables.  Hoping Mitchell works out

11 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

This was his first year in the slot. He had 2 really good years with NO playing outside. He'll be our number 2 unless D'Joun Smith breaks out.

Had a good year in 2013.  Got hurt in 2014.  Came back in 2015 had a decent year as slot CB.  Am willing to wait to see how well he plays in Preseason.  I don't see Smith as an outside CB due to measurables.

18 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

Had a good year in 2013.  Got hurt in 2014.  Came back in 2015 had a decent year as slot CB.  Am willing to wait to see how well he plays in Preseason.  I don't see Smith as an outside CB due to measurables.

I don't know about Smith. None of us do really. My hope is he beats out Butler and becomes a top tier nickel corner.

4 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I don't know about Smith. None of us do really. My hope is he beats out Butler and becomes a top tier nickel corner.

I hope Robinson is a stud nickel and Mustard becomes a stud on the outside.  A man can dream...

4 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Here's my tentative one.

draft.jpg

An interesting slate of picks....    and my only real complaint is at 7.

Williams goes in the 7th like D'Anthony Thomas goes in the 7th (4th) or Dri Archer goes in the 7th (3rd) a few years ago.

The only way Williams goes in the 7th is if there are injuries or character concerns that are not public right now.

But the goes who program the simulation don't know about those possible red flags either.    They just think Williams is a 7th round guy.     He's not.    More like 4th or 5th....

I want to be clear,   I'm not trying to give YOU a hard time....   just reminding everyone how inaccurate these games really are......

7 hours ago, USAFHoosier said:

Maggitt in the 7th would be a nice pick.  He is very good against the run and rushing the QB.  He will contribute in the NFL.

I think Maggitt is a nice pass rusher if healthy. The IF healthy part is the biggest issue. He's had some sort of hard injury just about every season. Good selection at 7th round though

I'm not of the opinion that you don't draft another corner. I'm not passing over Mackenzie Alexander or Will 3 because I have Patrick Robinson. I'm going with the Best Player Available at the time of the pick regardless of need. If either one is the highest scored player well above others at the time of the Colts pick in the 1st or second round I'd pull that trigger.

If you bring on Mackenzie or Will 3 you could always move Djoun to the Dime corner along with being Adams main backup at safety. Smith could take over for Adams in the event his age starts to show in 2016. I'd move him into a full starters role at FS in 2017. Based on his talent, speed, tackling ability, love for film study, smarts I think he could be another Devin Mcourty at that position which is valuable. We drafted Djoun as a guy who can play corner OR safety. Remember that.

On 3/25/2016 at 1:49 AM, Shafty138 said:

Maggitt has the kind of baggage you don't want around....assaulting a teammate who helped a woman who may have been raped by another team member..... not smart.

I'm telling to take the chance with a 7th round pick.