Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft Glen Gronkowski in later rounds to play Hback, fb, and some TE???

23 minutes ago, MPStack said:

If he was half as good as his brother, I`d be all for it. I really know anything about his on field production. I will have to watch some tape on him. I`m curious.

He can be used in so many ways , very valuable player..I'm afraid Belichik will snatched him up though. ..

If we are planning on getting rid of Allen I wouldn't mind picking up an athletic tight end who can play the run well along with being a pretty decent threat in the passing game.  Somebody that's as tall as Fleener preferrably who can also give us a better red zone threat.  Somebody who can outmuscle people.

He looked good in Senior bowl, he's the best of the bunch other than Rob and can contribute in so many ways, the fact he is 6-3 kills him, but I think he be a great hback, fb, and occasional TE, not to mention special teams...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree js..

1 minute ago, krunk said:

If we are planning on getting rid of Allen I wouldn't mind picking up an athletic tight end who can play the run well along with being a pretty decent threat in the passing game.  Somebody that's as tall as Fleener and more of a goal line threat.

I hope we keep Allen and Fleenor,  add baby Gronk and keep doyal as well..

I agree we may need a true FB, but we'd be better off signing John Kuhn or another free agent. I don't think this baby Gronk will ever be too great. I mean he sucks as a run blocker, and he's not too good of a receiver either. I want a FB who's an absolute force as a run blocker, who can gain a yard or 2 in short yardage situations, and a capable pass catcher. Baby Gronk will go undrafted and end up on the Pats PS. Bet on it.

He will be undrafted or a very late round draft. Did not impress me in the Senior Bowl, and Mayock seems not to be too excited about him. I believe he can play, and would be good special teams, and do anything we ask, but don't let the last name fool you into thinking he can play automatically. Gronk is a freak.

15 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

He looked good in Senior bowl, he's the best of the bunch other than Rob and can contribute in so many ways, the fact he is 6-3 kills him, but I think he be a great hback, fb, and occasional TE, not to mention special teams...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree js..

He has done nothing for him to stand out as a player in college let alone in the NFL. Baby Gronk? Your joking right?