Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold predictions for the draft

This is a topic that we can have a little fun at and not get ridiculed for our opinions. It's all about bold predictions on what will happen on draft day. This isn't necessarily for the Colts, but for anything for any team or any player in any round that could happen. We can name our bold predictions here, and look back after the draft to see if any of us got them right. Mostly a bragging rights thread if you can guess what will happen. Name your 3 best bold predictions.

My Bold predictions are:

1. Joey Bosa gets drafted outside the top 10

2. Robert Nkemdiche gets drafted in the 3rd round

3. The Colts trade down and get an extra 2nd round pick

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If Smith or Jack are there too take them instead 

I think Jack goes top 5, he's that good. I can't even predict boldly that he falls to us. Smith could fall. I have Jaylon as the no1 pick IMO before the injury, and Ramsey as a top 5 guy, so I'd be torn. I'd probably go with Ramsey at 18 because he can play CB and FS and would make our secondary amazing. He's not hurt for a year either. Also a lot lower on Hargreaves now and I don't have a CB early on I'm high on besides Ramsey. I hope we get in that situation so we have the choice.

43 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is a topic that we can have a little fun at and not get ridiculed for our opinions. It's all about bold predictions on what will happen on draft day. This isn't necessarily for the Colts, but for anything for any team or any player in any round that could happen. We can name our bold predictions here, and look back after the draft to see if any of us got them right. Mostly a bragging rights thread if you can guess what will happen. Name your 3 best bold predictions.

My Bold predictions are:

Would love your 3rd prediction to come true. Perfect scenario is trading down to lower 1st round, picking up a 2nd, and STILL getting Jaylon Smith.

We trade our 1st for Khalil Mack. Then get Jaylon Smith in the 2nd and Robert Nkemdiche in the 3rd. OK LOL. I'm obviously being a little too bold if not down right stupid. So here's my real bold prediction. We trade down 6-7 spots and pick up an extra 3rd and still get Leonard Floyd in the 1st and Noah Spence in the 2nd.

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Best QB in this class will be Carson Wentz 

50 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I actually agree with this 100%, don't think this is bold, I believe it will be fact.

Couldn't agree more with you guys. I think Wentz is the best QB in this draft by a decent margin.

47 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

We trade our 1st for Khalil Mack. Then get Jaylon Smith in the 2nd and Robert Nkemdiche in the 3rd. OK LOL. I'm obviously being a little too bold if not down right stupid. So here's my real bold prediction. We trade down 6-7 spots and pick up an extra 3rd and still get Leonard Floyd in the 1st and Noah Spence in the 2nd.

If we drop 6-7 spots I would hope we would get an extra 2nd instead of a 3rd.

44 minutes ago, SDakColts said:

If we drop 6-7 spots I would hope we would get an extra 2nd instead of a 3rd.

Dropping 6-7 spots from #18 would likely get you a 3rd.   Dropping 6-7 spots from #12 would probably get you a 2nd.

Unless you have a highly motivated trading partner who willing to overpay.

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My Bold predictions are:

Really?       You think these predictions WON'T get you ridiculed?

Perhaps not from me,  but I think you're going to catch some flak here....    good luck!         :peek:

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Really?       You think these predictions WON'T get you ridiculed?

Perhaps not from me,  but I think you're going to catch some flak here....    good luck!         :peek:

I love your little hide under the floor guy, made me laugh. I'll explain the Nkemdiche prediction as it seems far-fetched. Nkemdiche fell out of a 4 story window, he has character concerns, his brother is a bad influence on him, he doesn't finish plays, he's not a natural pass rusher, and he doesn't have a pure positional fit in the NFL. If a team takes him in the top half of the first, they will have a huge bust IMO. 

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

1. The Colts will draft 2 or more LBs (OLB and/or ILB)

2. The Redskins will have an extra 2nd for trading RGIII

3. 3 QBs get drafted in the first round

4. Denver drafts Ezekiell Elliot round 1

5. Robert Nkedimche goes to the Bills in the first round.

Whose gonna trade a second for RG3? 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Buffalo would be the best bet. If not I'm thinking the 49ers or the Rams for laughs.

Nah I think Buffalo is fine with Tyrod at QB. I could see the 9ers taking a swing on him if they miss out on Paxton Lynch and or Jarred Goff (or any other Qb they want) but at best they'd probably offer a 6th. Remember, Vontae was had for a 2nd.

But I agree RG3 getting traded to the Rams would be the best thing ever

5 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Nah I think Buffalo is fine with Tyrod at QB. I could see the 9ers taking a swing on him if they miss out on Paxton Lynch and or Jarred Goff (or any other Qb they want) but at best they'd probably offer a 6th. Remember, Vontae was had for a 2nd.

But I agree RG3 getting traded to the Rams would be the best thing ever

I agree for two reasons. He'd set them back a few more years (which they deserve after hurting so many people in St. Louis), and it'd be even more funny to see them get all those picks from the Redskins and then end up with RGIII as well. Even after all that, they still wouldn't be a playoff team lol.

• 2 weeks later...

My bold prediction is that Jalen Ramsey falls because of his position and ends up becoming the best player in the draft. As a safety, he won't be valued enough to go at the top of the draft; and as a corner, there are lots of other corners that have first round grades and could go before him. He has all the athletic tools you could ask for in addition to playing with a mean streak and he's a playmaker. If he ends up anywhere near our pick and we don't take him, I'll be furious.