Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumour: Irsay Considering Firing Grigson, Keeping Pagano, Hiring Jeff Saturday

Horseshoe

42 minutes ago, MTC said:

Don't see that anywhere on his timeline. Would be a silly idea anyway.

I just found the closest thing to it. Some random guy just asked Doyel if there was anything to the rumor and Doyel said he had not heard that one. Non-story.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

All GMs have to start somewhere. We don't have to look far to know that. Grigson rookie season was fantastic and won him GM of the year. It seems the personality of Grigson and Saturday is night and day as far as dealing with people and players.

I would feel better if Jeff had some, kind of experience in the front office, even as a scout.  But to go from TV straight to GM is to risky for me.  One day though, and I think he could make a great GM, maybe even now, but still too risky.

7 minutes ago, cbear said:

I would feel better if Jeff had some, kind of experience in the front office, even as a scout.  But to go from TV straight to GM is to risky for me.  One day though, and I think he could make a great GM, maybe even now, but still too risky.

The Lions tried that with Matt Millen think they wish they hadn't done that? 

2 minutes ago, cbear said:

While I really understand your comment and you may right. But no matter who might be brought in the Colts are pretty much be in a mini rebuild mode. Hoping and reality are two different things. I say that because IMO this team will regress before it progresses. I could also be wrong but if Jeff is ever going to be a GM  I want it with the Colts. Jeff is a smart dude and a great public speaker. He has also made it known he is very fond of the Colts. I guess it's just food for thought at this point?

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What has that to do with the Colts? There is a huge difference between the personalities of Millen compared to Saturday.

The poster I quoted talked about a former lineman who has just worked in TV being named GM.  That is what Millen was too.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The poster I quoted talked about a former lineman who has just worked in TV being named GM.  That is what Millen was too.

Saturday has more on his resume than being a great player. Just saying. Besides it 's all for not from other information.