4 pm press conference / UPDATE: NO presser scheduled yet

CR91

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Blindside said:

Could Irsay be trying to swing a trade with one of the other six teams that need a HC?

Seems to me this is taking way longer than it should. 

he cant trade pagano, his contract expired 

Just now, Blindside said:

Could Irsay be trying to swing a trade with one of the other six teams that need a HC?

Seems to me this is taking way longer than it should. 

Uhm...you mean trade chuck to another team? He's not under contract after this year so I doubt you'd trade him unless he signed a deal and agreed to a trade or agreed to a new contract with a team once traded he would then sign...

I am beginning to think the NFL Network tried to force a news conference at 3:00 pm CST, and Irsay showed them who is Boss.

You will not control my timeline. I will tell you my decision when I feel like it. And you will thank me.

Like a Boss!

Mike Francesa just talked about how Indy and NY are the top spots for HC's. You can go to NY and win with Eli and Beckham you just need to retool the defense. You can go to Indy with an all world QB who is a "baby", build a team up around him and be great for 10 years.

Just now, CR91 said:

I think this taking longer then expect might actually mean their working on a extension. if irsay had no intention of resigning pagano, he would have said so already. theres no reason for a delay

The more time we wait the better it has to get for him.

3 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Just heard NFL Network saying the Colts News Conference has been delayed "for a while". Whatever that means with regards to actual time. Something cooking? Maybe.

I no longer think the Colts ever scheduled a press conference. I think the NFL Network tried to force that timeline on Irsay, and then back-peddled when it did not happen. 

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I think this taking longer then expect might actually mean their working on a extension. if irsay had no intention of resigning pagano, he would have said so already. theres no reason for a delay

I'm thinking the same.

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I no longer think the Colts ever scheduled a press conference. I think the NFL Network tried to force that timeline on Irsay, and then back-peddled when it did not happen. 

I agree. Everything I am reading says the Colts never called the press conference. 

Dave Calabro tweeted that Irsay didn't even arrive for the meeting until 2:15. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Haha. Could be. It does seem strange that the closer we approach prime-time the more anticipated news gets promulgated. 

:)

3 hours ago, ColtStronger said:

It sounds like the fans and players want Chuck back, and they're not shying away from voicing their opinion.  All I want is Grigson gone.  Maybe Irsay is thinking about this decision more and it wasn't "automatic" like everyone was thinking.  I do believe there are a few better HC options on the table, but I do like Chuck.  I'm torn in between, because I just don't know if Pagano is the best coach for this team.  Good mentor/friend, definitely!  Chuck has done some great things and will continue to wherever he ends up, but to win multiple SB's IDK if he can do it.

Silly question at this late date but the Colts were nearly beaten by a QB they cut from the practice squad that outplayed every QB in the division yesterday.  Who cut him?  Was it Grigson?

8 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Just heard NFL Network saying the Colts News Conference has been delayed "for a while". Whatever that means with regards to actual time. Something cooking? Maybe.

Saving face for reporting there was one scheduled for 4 when the Colts said that wasn't the case.

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Nah the NFL Network works to promote the teams, players and the product. Without that the network would not exist. NFL Network knows they work on the NFL's time.

1 minute ago, Blindside said:

Or an offer was made and Irsay put the deadline at 4pm. He didnt 

get the answer he wanted, now he is scrambling to secure another candidate.

you cant trade something you dont have. pagano is currently not under contract with the colts

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm thinking this 

1 minute ago, Blindside said:

Or an offer was made and Irsay put the deadline at 4pm. He didnt 

get the answer he wanted, now he is scrambling to secure another candidate.

According to NFL Network as of right now, Pagano is meeting with Irsay as we speak.

2 minutes ago, TD said:

Silly question at this late date but the Colts were nearly beaten by a QB they cut from the practice squad that outplayed every QB in the division yesterday.  Who cut him?  Was it Grigson?

He wasn't cut the Titans signed him off the Colts PS.  

2 minutes ago, TD said:

I don't think Tanney was ever "cut from the practice squad."  He was signed by the Titans off of the Colts' practice squad.

6 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

If that were the case there wouldn't be reporters there from multiple outlets

NFL Network Update:

No Press Conference is scheduled. Chuck is still talking to Irsay. 

Chuck is fighting for his job like a bad Mutha!! LOVE IT!!! This guy is a fighter. How can anyone not see that? Chuck, don't let him out of the room until he tosses Grigson's tail into the street!!!

You My Boy Blue!!!!

Love to be a fly on that wall right now. :)

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

I don't think Tanney was ever "cut from the practice squad."  He was signed by the Titans off of the Colts' practice squad.

OIC thanks, I was curious about all that.