Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Outlining A Hc

HungarianColtsFan

There are many threads and post on this forum, who should be Indianapolis Colts' new HC. Many thinks Jim Caldwell is on a hot seat, however there are no sign of it.

Lets, outline a HC! In my opinion an HC at Indy

• is able to set fire in players
  • is a good matcher
  • designs up to date play schemes
  • thinks Specials are important
  • puts more emphasis on D
  • sometimes calls rushing plays
  • makes good calls
  • is able to handle Manning AND Luck

What is Your opinion? What do You think, what are the most important features of a HC at Indy?

Who is fitting the best these features? Brad Childress? Mark Zimmer? Jack Del Rio? Jim Caldwell? Marty Mornhinweg? Else? (these names don't mean I want them, but more or less they are available)

There are many threads and post on this forum, who should be Indianapolis Colts' new HC. Many thinks Jim Caldwell is on a hot seat, however there are no sign of it.

Lets, outline a HC! In my opinion an HC at Indy

• is able to set fire in players
  • is a good matcher
  • designs up to date play schemes
  • thinks Specials are important
  • puts more emphasis on D
  • sometimes calls rushing plays
  • makes good calls
  • is able to handle Manning AND Luck

What is Your opinion? What do You think, what are the most important features of a HC at Indy?

Who is fitting the best these features? Brad Childress? Mark Zimmer? Jack Del Rio? Jim Caldwell? Marty Mornhinweg? Else? (these names don't mean I want them, but more or less they are available)

From the way i see it, it was not jim caldwells position to call plays, that was Christensen and Larry Coyers job... unless your HC is gonna be calling plays for the defense or offense your gonna see every other coach do the same thing Caldwells doing but in their own fashion whether its screaming or walking down the sidelines clapping.

One thing i think caldwell lacks is evaluation of talent, that i think is his biggest issue.

With that said it would be great to see whoever that does come in if caldwell is fired to be good at evaluating talent and picking out his starters correctly.

Not funny

awwww c'mon. I'm sure he/she meant that in the lightest manner. Kinda like when someone ticks you off and you say "I'm gonna kill him". You're not really gonna kill him......it's an expression.

I took it as symbolism.....as in his career here in Indy is dead and I swear I saw our new GM buying chalk at Menard's.

I would add "having the right mindset". That is to say, aggressive when he needs to be, conservative when he needs to be. I don't want to see us blitz 7 guys on every singly play just for the sake of being aggressive. But I also hate seeing us give 7 yard cushions to receivers on 3rd and 3.

After reading this board for weeks, I hope that Grigson decides to keep Caldwell for no other reason than to see some of the classless posters beat their heads against the wall for another season.

Yeah, that would be great, because going 3-13 is so much fun we could do it again, brilliant thought, lets keep him!!!!

He needs to share the same vision as Irsay and Grigson for what kind of team we'll suit up. That's the most important thing. I beieve since Polian is gone, that Irsay will have to trust his HC more and that the HC will have greater input. That means Caldwell, or whomever, will actually know what's going on and his press conferences will be meaningful. In other words, he CAN'T be a puppet.

After reading this board for weeks, I hope that Grigson decides to keep Caldwell for no other reason than to see some of the classless posters beat their heads against the wall for another season.

Ok, just tell us, which one of Caldwell's children are you?

Seriously? Choosing seeing your team lose to prove your superior understanding of the situation? How does supporting a coach make posters classless?

I might have different opinions about the situation, but I would love to be proven wrong by seeing your vision of the future come to fruition through a return to Colt dominance. I could never want my team to lose just to prove a point....some goes for acquiring a higher draft pick.

As I've stated before, I'm on the fence about Caldwell, and it's fairly uncomfortable.

I'm pretty sure he's not as bad of a HC as most think.

I do understand some of the criticisms, but the only one that I find really concerning is the 'adjustments' argument, though I also would like to trust that some of that is a product of having a control freak as a boss, and lack of personnel to make any effective adjustments.

Regardless, if Caldwell is replaced, his detractors will be euphoric that THE MAN, and the kid, had the onions to make an 'obvious change'. However, that'll only last until the new HC makes his first bad time management decision.

If Caldwell is retained, his detractors will escalate in intensity until the Colts win multiple SBs with no mistakes by Caldwell. Though the intensity could temper if we start next season 12-0 with no mistakes by Caldwell.

Fortunately, there's a FO in place, who can make a much more educated decision (business or otherwise), and states to be dedicated to winning, who will be responsible for making such decision.

I'm going to trust THEM on this matter.

BTW, is there any situation where the new GM can win?

He's toast if Caldwell stays.

He's toast if he doesn't replace Caldwell with a name we can all agree with.

He's toast if the new HC doesn't win soon.

It's likely he'll make a rookie mistake or two regarding the draft and/or the cap.

Not looking for comfort, just sayin'.