Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Offseason prediction

CR91

I am no cap expert so if I make a mistake let me know. as per spotrac, we have 18.5 cap space. 

Release

andre johnson. saves 5 mil

trent cole saves 6.25 mil

art jones saves 2.3 mil

Cap 32.05

Resign

freeman 3 year 12 mil

coby fleener 4 year 12 mil

dwayne allen 4 year 12 mil

dan herron 2 year 2 mil

andy studabaker 2 year 1 mil

colt anderson 1 year 1 mil

Cap 19.05

Free agent sign

prince amukamara 4 year 20 mil

eric weddle 2 year 7 mil

alex boone 4 year 12 mil

stefan wisniewski 2 year 5 mil

Cap 5.05

Draft

1. Emmanuel Ogbah DE/OLB OKLAHOMA STATE

2. Ethan Pocic C/G LSU

3. Carl Nassib DE/OLB PENN STATE

4. Kyle Murphy T STANFORD

5. D.J White CB GEORGIA TECH

7. Michael Caputo S WISCONSIN

2 minutes ago, Solon said:

Good luck getting Dwayne Allen to resign for 12M. He's worth at least 20M on the open market. Talented/Young all-around TE's don't come around often.

he had a down year and hes injuried more often then not

Dwayne Allen isn't coming back.  And it won't be a money issue.  We just flat out made him hate to play here and I won't blame him.

God I hope we don't resign Freeman...

The Prince signing intrigues me.  Won't comment on the draft until I've finished looking them all over.

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

he had a down year and hes injuried more often then not

He did not have a down year. He was asked to block more often than not. I understand the durability issues, but the boy will command a huge market this offseason. Wouldn't be surprised if teams like Arizona or New England open the checkbooks. He's either signing a 1 year prove it deal or he's getting over 20M. He's not resigning for 12M.

5 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Dwayne Allen isn't coming back.  And it won't be a money issue.  We just flat out made him hate to play here and I won't blame him.

God I hope we don't resign Freeman...

The Prince signing intrigues me.  Won't comment on the draft until I've finished looking them all over.

what makes you assume that? freeman is actually having a good season

2 minutes ago, Solon said:

He did not have a down year. He was asked to block more often than not. I understand the durability issues, but the boy will command a huge market this offseason. Wouldn't be surprised if teams like Arizona or New England open the checkbooks. He's either signing a 1 year prove it deal or he's getting over 20M. He's not resigning for 12M.

hes been asked to block most of the time his entire career and and hes always able to be a factor in the offense catching the ball, however this season he put up bad numbers. that will lower his value

21 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I am no cap expert so if I make a mistake let me know. as per spotrac, we have 18.5 cap space. 

Release

andre johnson. saves 5 mil

trent cole saves 6.25 mil

art jones saves 2.3 mil

Cap 32.05

Resign

freeman 3 year 12 mil

coby fleener 4 year 12 mil

dwayne allen 4 year 12 mil

dan herron 2 year 2 mil

andy studabaker 2 year 1 mil

colt anderson 1 year 1 mil

Cap 19.05

Free agent sign

prince amukamara 4 year 20 mil

eric weddle 2 year 7 mil

alex boone 4 year 12 mil

stefan wisniewski 2 year 5 mil

Cap 5.05

Draft

1. Emmanuel Ogbah DE/OLB OKLAHOMA STATE

2. Ethan Pocic C/G LSU

3. Carl Nassib DE/OLB PENN STATE

4. Kyle Murphy T STANFORD

5. D.J White CB GEORGIA TECH

7. Michael Caputo S WISCONSIN

That's actually well thought out. I like that Draft as it is a good mixture of what we need. I doubt we re-sign Allen though. I think he's a goner. I do think we should release Johnson and Cole. Grigson gambled here but lost.

10 minutes ago, scooter4910 said:

According to Rotoworld Colt Anderson has been a below average DB every year except for one and Studebakers best years were back in 09/10 back in KC.....isn't it time to rid ourselves of these filler bodies?

its mostly for special teams 

2 minutes ago, scooter4910 said:

I think this is kind of premature at the moment......our new HC is probably going to come in and clean house.

If it is Chip Kelly might as well say goodbye to TY Hilton, Rob Mathis, Moncrief, Luck and every other good player we have

19 minutes ago, CR91 said:

what makes you assume that? freeman is actually having a good season

Because he has been very unhappy with the front office multiple times...

Freeman is having a good season? He can't cover, he can't be disciplined in assignments, and he has less than stellar speed.  In what way has he had a good season?

He has been a liability.

The standard for Linebacker in Indy is so extremely low I guess.

If we have a new GM and coach, I could see a lot of players leaving (being cut or traded).

Locks to make next season roster (assuming we stick with 3-4 defense):

Luck, Moncrief, Hilton, Dorsett, Castonzo, Reitz, Mewhort, Anderson, Parry, McGill, Davis, Smith, and McAfee.

Could see the next GM/coach cutting the old such as AJ, Gore, Jackson, Adams, Cole, and Mathis (unfortunately). 

4 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Because he has been very unhappy with the front office multiple times...

Freeman is having a good season? He can't cover, he can't be disciplined in assignments, and he has less than stellar speed.  In what way has he had a good season?

He has been a liability.

has he said he wouldnt resign? him and jackson have combined for 250 tackles and 4 sacks. thats a good season. also with how adept the offense has been this season, fatigue becomes a problem.

Just now, CR91 said:

him and jackson have combined for 250 tackles and 4 sacks. thats a good season. also with how adept the offense has been this season, fatigue becomes a problem.

Tackles are near a worthless stat.  And I didn't know 4 sacks was an achievement especially since ToP has been heavily on the defensive side.

Jackson has had a good season I agree.  But Freeman started off extremely awful, had an injury (per the usual) then came back and did mediocre.  That isn't a good season.  By any standard.  That is backup quality.

We'll probably let Allen go unless he's willing to take a 1 year deal to try and get his value up. We'll bring Fleener back and if we don't think Doyle or Swoop can be any good we may look at signing Marcedes Lewis, Vernon Davis, or Jermaine Gresham on a 1year deal. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Vernon Davis on a 1year deal to play with his brother. At this point he aint worth much and definitely isn't getting big money. But we'll see what Swoop can do Sunday. He may turn out to be something.

2 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Tackles are near a worthless stat.  And I didn't know 4 sacks was an achievement especially since ToP has been heavily on the defensive side.

Jackson has had a good season I agree.  But Freeman started off extremely awful, had an injury (per the usual) then came back and did mediocre.  That isn't a good season.  By any standard.  That is backup quality.

how do you grade LBers then if tackles are worthless

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

By ability to cover in between the hash and how they contain their run assignments.  Linebackers can't be measured by statistics because their job needs to be as a unit.  

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

By ability to cover in between the hash and how they contain their run assignments.  Linebackers can't be measured by statistics because their job needs to be as a unit.  

not many LBers can cover and the run defense has looked better this year

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

By yardage given up through the air or on the ground relative to their assignment on a play as well as tackle percentage..or percentage of total tackles missed out of total tackle attempts

Just now, CR91 said:

not many LBers can cover and the run defense has looked better this year

And the run defense looked exactly like last year the minute Anderson went out with injury.  What is the point with this statement?  Also a ton of linebackers have the ability to cover in the NFL.  They may not be able to do man coverage on Gronkowski but they can cover.

3 minutes ago, scooter4910 said:

Boones 28 and has a torn MCL....you really want to offer him 4 years/$12M

bonne is a very good guard and while his mcl tear is unfortunate im willing to take the risk to help improve our line. 

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

And the run defense looked exactly like last year the minute Anderson went out with injury.  What is the point with this statement?  Also a ton of linebackers have the ability to cover in the NFL.  They may not be able to do man coverage on Gronkowski but they can cover.

run defense did struggle once anderson was lost for the season, but it was still doing a good job. obviously stats will say otherwise, but stats lie. having to play so many snaps because your offense is never on the field will take a toll

Just now, CR91 said:

run defense did struggle once anderson was lost for the season, but it was still doing a good job. obviously stats will say otherwise, but stats lie. having to play so many snaps because your offense is never on the field will take a toll

So now your argument is stats lie but you started this whole conversation on a stat?

Trust me I know the defense was not a benefactor of the offense.  And I do agree the defense made an amazing start to the season and were playing outstanding.  But that had nothing (I repeat nothing) to do with the play of Freeman.  It was in spite in fact.  It was solely on the improved performance of Jackson and the great drafted pairing of Parry and Anderson and the good acquisition in Langford.

We need to do way better than that in both free agency and the draft. I want to see us add some playmakers and some aggressive and nasty players. I'd love Pacman Jones but he's getting old so signing Sean Smith, Bruce Irvin, Stefen Wisneiski, and Kelechi Osemele would be a good free agency. I'd sign Hardy if I knew he could stand up and still put up big sack numbers. And as for Irvin. I think if he came here and was one of the main guys, and the main edge rusher I think he could put up 12 sacks or more. He's playing mostly OLB in a 4-3 scheme right now. Meaning he's not able to solely concentrate on rushing the QB and getting sacks. He still has 5.5 this year though. His rookie season he had 8 playing DE. Then we'd still need to draft a pass rusher too. If we signed those guys I would resign Luck and Fleener. And concentrate on getting two players in the 1st 3 rounds. Myles Jack and Noah Spence. to get Jack we MAY have to trade up 4-5 spots. To get Spence (Who'll most likely fall into the 2nd round we may have to trade up a few spots too. We may lose a 2nd or 3rd for next season or maybe a 3rd or 4th this season but I feel like those 2 players would be game changers for us and they would give our defense an entirely different look. IMO Spence is the best edge rusher in this entire class and will consistently put up double digit sack numbers in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

So now your argument is stats lie but you started this whole conversation on a stat?

Trust me I know the defense was not a benefactor of the offense.  And I do agree the defense made an amazing start to the season and were playing outstanding.  But that had nothing (I repeat nothing) to do with the play of Freeman.  It was in spite in fact.  It was solely on the improved performance of Jackson and the great drafted pairing of Parry and Anderson and the good acquisition in Langford.

So your argument is Freeman had nothing to do with the improved defense and he was just a liability

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

So your argument is Freeman had nothing to do with the improved defense and he was just a liability

Yes given that he wasnt even on the field for most of the time they did have a dominant performance and Lesean McCoy should've given him a gift for all those easy yards.

19 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Just curious, if you judge a LB by their ability to cover, how do you say that DQ has had a good season?

11 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Just curious, if you judge a LB by their ability to cover, how do you say that DQ has had a good season?

Because he did the other part very well.  He is a liability in one area and can't cover TE's but he did his first job really well.  I'll take that any day every day.

4 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Because he did the other part very well.  He is a liability in one area and can't cover TE's but he did his first job really well.  I'll take that any day every day.

I really don't see how you hate on Freeman then because he is good at the point of attack. Does he over-pursue? Sure, but he does his job in run support more often then not

Nick Saban will be the next Head Coach of the Indianapolis Colts. 

1. A'Shawn Robinson DT, Alabama or Jonathan Bullard DE, Florida

2. Jonathan Allen DE, Alabama  or Germain Ifedi ROT Texas A&M

3. Tyler März, ROT, Wisconsin or Eric Striker OLB Oklahoma

4. Spencer Drango G, Baylor

5. Cassanova McKinzy ILB Auburn

FA: OC, CB, G, etc...

Bye: Fleener, Johnson, Cole, Jones, Jackson, etc...

54 minutes ago, scooter4910 said:

Boones 28 and has a torn MCL....you really want to offer him 4 years/$12M

3 million a year for a top 15 guard in the game is a joke in FA. He'd demand at least 4-5.  We paid $5.5 million for RJF, a rotational backup.