Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pro Bowl Selections

amfootball

52 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Here is the complete list of pro bowlers, http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/192952/2016-nfl-pro-bowl-selections

QBs:

AFC

Brady

Ben

Dalton

NFC

Newton

Rodgers

Wilson

Carolina leads with 10 selections. Pats had 7 selections.

So, who do you feel was snubbed?

Dalton was snubbed.  Your list is missing Carson Palmer.

2 hours ago, Cynjin said:

I think most here will say that Pat McAfee was deserving.  Arguably, the best punter in the game.  I am not sure if they included his kickoff prowess in their decision making.

I thought the same, then checked the full stats-

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/punting/sort/grossAvgPuntYards

Hekker far deserving, Koch, I can see why they chose him.  And it shows how bad our special teams is on returns compared to other teams.

I only wish AV didn't miss his very first two FG attempts.  He has not missed since.  But the other Kickers were even better.  What a shame... Not a Single Colt was pro bowl caliber this year.  Sums up the season thusly.

38 minutes ago, amfootball said:

You are right. So 4 NFC QBs went and only 2 AFC? I thought it was always 3 and 3?

And Dalton should have gotten in over Ben.

Dalton will be there unless the Bengals make the Super Bowl. He is the first alternate. At least one of those voted in will not be there.

Just now, amfootball said:

True. He is usually playing in the Super Bowl which may be the case this year.

No,   he's not usually playing in the superbowl.  He has missed the Super Bowl more often than he has played in it.   Also,   until a few years ago,   playing in the superbowl didn't keep you from playing in the pro bowl

55 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Dalton will be there unless the Bengals make the Super Bowl. He is the first alternate. At least one of those voted in will not be there.

If they decided this year to break it down according to the best performing QBs than only Brady should have gone from the AFC. The other 5 should have been NFC IMO.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

No,   he's not usually playing in the superbowl.  He has missed the Super Bowl more often than he has played in it.   Also,   until a few years ago,   playing in the superbowl didn't keep you from playing in the pro bowl

It kept him from it most recently in 2011, 2014 and probably this year too. So yeah, Dalton will get to play if his thumb is better.

Was the most pleased to see Malcolm Butler make it. If all that guy ever did was intercept Wilson to win the Super Bowl that would have been enough but to see him emerge as a legit corner, now pro bowler is truly awesome and one of the best stories of the Pats season this year IMO.

5 hours ago, amfootball said:

True. He is usually playing in the Super Bowl which may be the case this year again.

Lol no

He's just too full of himself to attend something beneath him.  Plus he can't really cheat in the pro bowl so there is that.  That alone should take him from the throne of the top QB echelon of all time.  

On a side note... I love doing this.  No wonder you spit nonsense all the time.

Surge, it's posts like yours that make us Patriot fans even happier .  Such illogical "thoughts" just prove how much you haven't actually kept up with anything.

You do realize that it's never even been proven that Brady has done anything remotely wrong, correct?

It's posts like yours that certainly make us laugh, though.  Thanks !

On 12/24/2015 at 7:19 PM, ViriLudant said:

Surge, it's posts like yours that make us Patriot fans even happier .  Such illogical "thoughts" just prove how much you haven't actually kept up with anything.

You do realize that it's never even been proven that Brady has done anything remotely wrong, correct?

It's posts like yours that certainly make us laugh, though.  Thanks !

Not yet but it is being said that this whole fiasco is supposed to go to court in March so I guess we will see what happens at that time. :peek:

19 hours ago, Susie Q said:

Not yet but it is being said that this whole fiasco is supposed to go to court in March so I guess we will see what happens at that time. :peek:

Did you read the amicus curiae submitted to th court?  It tore DeflateGate to shreds.

As did the MIT professor's lecture at UNH. 

5 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

Did you read the amicus curiae submitted to th court?  It tore DeflateGate to shreds.

That was one of the best, most well-articulated briefs in this whole saga. I am glad it got submitted to the courts.

On 12/23/2015 at 9:42 AM, jvan1973 said:
42 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

I have not read that.  Why is there a Court date set for March 3  if it's over with?   Not being facetious,  honest question?

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2015 at 1:35 PM, jvan1973 said:

The ratings of the game say otherwise

Yes look at the ratings for the past ten years then get back to me. Sponsors have fallen off like dead flies. The fact that this exhibition is the subject of canceling it every year by sports writers everywhere speaks volumes.  Football with out tackling and hitting means exhibition just like pro wrestling. 

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

Yes look at the ratings for the past ten years then get back to me. Sponsors have fallen off like dead flies. The fact that this exhibition is the subject of canceling it every year by sports writers everywhere speaks volumes.  Football with out tackling and hitting means exhibition just like pro wrestling. 

If you don't want to watch it,   don't.    Easy fix

On 12/27/2015 at 9:21 PM, ViriLudant said:

The court trial is about procedure, not about Brady's actual involvement.  It's all about Goodell's ability to punish players .

It really isn't about that, it's about the procedure the NFL used in Brady's appeal I believe.

I've actually somewhat changed my mind on this.  I havn't changed my mind that I believe that footballs where deflated and Brady knew and was involved.  However the NFL screwed up the procedure in the appeal and should have allowed him to question Wells and others.  

NFL seems to have a problem conducting fair hearings and have taken the player's union granting Goodell final authority to mean that they can do anything they want.  That is almost true, but they still have to conduct fair hearings which is something they have failed at doing.  

I still think Brady did something.  

On Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 7:42 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

I thought the same, then checked the full stats-

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/punting/sort/grossAvgPuntYards

Hekker far deserving, Koch, I can see why they chose him.  And it shows how bad our special teams is on returns compared to other teams.

I only wish AV didn't miss his very first two FG attempts.  He has not missed since.  But the other Kickers were even better.  What a shame... Not a Single Colt was pro bowl caliber this year.  Sums up the season thusly.

I was really looking forward to getting a jersey this year.