Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Boston Globe report on Tom Brady & 'body coach'

bababooey

11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If you don't have the sense to turn your PM and or cell phone off while watching a movie that's on you. You speak of a non story? You are the non story with pointing a finger at a PM message.

What? The guy sent me a PM here on site yesterday. I opened it, and inside was the spoiler for the Star Wars movie. That's kind of a * move, wouldn't you say? I had already seen the movie, but it's still a pretty weak move.

9 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Or it just means they have not had time to investigate.

Like I said, if the Pats used his services before Brady bought into the company then it really is a non issue, IMO.  But if he got his training room, sideline access and fees after Brady bought the company, especially if it happened after Brady signed his last contract then it's worth looking into.

If they informed the league of this, as they obviously did, and the league didn't say "Wait what? No way...you can't do that" (as seems to be the case), then again I ask - what is the issue? There's no impropriety whatsoever. That's called "being transparent and above board".

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

My instincts say this will be revised over the off-season and I would not be surprised if adjustments are made to refine the rule and protect the integrity of the cap.

You don't even want the appearance of impropriety.

Surely, you jest?   I mean rules are never changed or revised due to anything Brady does,  or are they...?? :P

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You seriously think Brady is UNINTELLIGENT?     Really?

Wow,  that is some serious Brady-hate!

He's got a Luck-level wonderlic score and I'll bet a high I-Q.      

What has he done that would tell you he's unintelligent?

His stubbornness over the DeflateGate stuff and how he/the team would try to come up with some of the stupidest things to try to cover up for their cheating (deflator = weight loss, destroying cell phones is normal even though he's only done it to one phone, etc.) is a major factor.  As for the rest, these boards are probably not the place for them.

But yes, I have some serious Brady hate, and I don't hide it.  I can't wait for him to retire

12 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

His stubbornness over the DeflateGate stuff and how he/the team would try to come up with some of the stupidest things to try to cover up for their cheating (deflator = weight loss, destroying cell phones is normal even though he's only done it to one phone, etc.) is a major factor.  As for the rest, these boards are probably not the place for them.

But yes, I have some serious Brady hate, and I don't hide it.  I can't wait for him to retire

You are not alone.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Brady didn't call him the Deflator.  

And Brady said that he routinely destroyed his phones ; he just didn't destroy one other one.

Out of curiosity, did you read the recent amicus curiae?

First off, there is nothing stopping a team from independently entering into an agreement with a company for services rendered.  If it happens to be owned by an actively player than so be it.   Things happen, if the service is good then I do not see a problem initially. 

However, things can get a little dicey and cloudy when the relationship is simply not a pure okay that company looks good and there is a unspoken agreement that we help your business and you lower your cap hit and still get the same money, and a problem as the intent is to channel the same money to the player but in two different nut shells. 

The problem becomes is how much money is being transferred via the second channel.  We need to know what value is going directly to Brady.  The article does not state any numbers other than the hourly fee of $200/hour.  That money has to pay the trainer and his overhead before any profit can be recognized and it has be cut among any partners. 

So if Brady is only seeing $20/hr or so of that $200, its only $800 a week, assuming he works 40 hours and then not sure if he works year round, so we are likely only talking about something well under 50K or something.  With a salary cap of the NFL and Brady's hit around 7-9 mil, 50k is somewhat de minimis in the grand scheme of things.

So perhaps on one level there is a second channel of money going to Brady, but it is very likely a de minimis amount and why the NFL has not acted on the matter.  

What happens if the team takes the team out for a party at a restaurant owned by a player.  Things happen.  

The NFL may want to look into this in the off season, but this very likely not the first time a team has given a financial benefit to one of its players indirectly.

4 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

Here's the thing....this might be nothing but it might be something, just have to wait and see.

BUUUUUT....why is it that when there is something that is perceived as shady (legit or not) it's almost always the Pats that are involved?

I would correct this by saying "It IS nothing and it ISN'T something".

19 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

Here's the thing....this might be nothing but it might be something, just have to wait and see.

BUUUUUT....why is it that when there is something that is perceived as shady (legit or not) it's almost always the Pats that are involved?

confirmation bias.  people look for things with the Patriots, and not with other teams.

If they did, they would make as big of a deal over:

- Calvin Johnson's wife is the PR Director for the Lions

- Ray Rice was the spokesperson (when playing) for M&T Bank, you know the company with their name on the stadium

On 12/22/2015 at 2:52 PM, Yehoodi said:

First off, there is nothing stopping a team from independently entering into an agreement with a company for services rendered.  If it happens to be owned by an actively player than so be it.   Things happen, if the service is good then I do not see a problem initially. 

However, things can get a little dicey and cloudy when the relationship is simply not a pure okay that company looks good and there is a unspoken agreement that we help your business and you lower your cap hit and still get the same money, and a problem as the intent is to channel the same money to the player but in two different nut shells. 

The problem becomes is how much money is being transferred via the second channel.  We need to know what value is going directly to Brady.  The article does not state any numbers other than the hourly fee of $200/hour.  That money has to pay the trainer and his overhead before any profit can be recognized and it has be cut among any partners. 

So if Brady is only seeing $20/hr or so of that $200, its only $800 a week, assuming he works 40 hours and then not sure if he works year round, so we are likely only talking about something well under 50K or something.  With a salary cap of the NFL and Brady's hit around 7-9 mil, 50k is somewhat de minimis in the grand scheme of things.

So perhaps on one level there is a second channel of money going to Brady, but it is very likely a de minimis amount and why the NFL has not acted on the matter.  

What happens if the team takes the team out for a party at a restaurant owned by a player.  Things happen.  

The NFL may want to look into this in the off season, but this very likely not the first time a team has given a financial benefit to one of its players indirectly.

So let me get this straight.

You think the trainer makes 200 an hour but Brady is only bringing home 20 an hour? 

I give you Pats fans credit for one thing, you are an entertaining bunch, and you are the best trolls on the internet bar none. The way you guys twist things to fit your scenario where the Pats are the best football team ever and also the most picked on team ever is beautiful to watch.

It seems extra fishy given his willingness to take less money to help the team. Just sayin. I'm not mad about it because I expect it at this point. 

1 hour ago, GoatBeard said:

So let me get this straight.

You think the trainer makes 200 an hour but Brady is only bringing home 20 an hour? 

I give you Pats fans credit for one thing, you are an entertaining bunch, and you are the best trolls on the internet bar none. The way you guys twist things to fit your scenario where the Pats are the best football team ever and also the most picked on team ever is beautiful to watch.

It seems extra fishy given his willingness to take less money to help the team. Just sayin. I'm not mad about it because I expect it at this point. 

Have you ever run a business with overhead?  I have and you don't get to keep all the money that you take in as gross income.  

There is rental cost, insurance costs, advertisement cost, taxes, employee salaries (including Guerrero's) etc., all of which eat into the gross income.

So how much do you think Brady gets? 

The gross income I quoted was $200/hr, and mentioned a net income going to Brady of $20/hr.  And Brady does not, from what I understand, perform any services for the company other that perhaps investing in it and getting referrals, which is just, "hey go to my guy."  

So basically for providing basically zero work for the company, I quoted a figure where Brady is getting a net 10% of the gross income.   Do you think that is reasonable?  I think it is very reasonable.  Where can you go and be an investor and get 10% of the gross income of a company?

And lets not forget Brady may not be the sole investor, Guerrero's may own a piece of the pie too, which cuts into what the investors can take.  If he and Brady are equal partners, then the company needs to save 20% of its gross income to provide Brady only the 10%, and so on. 

There are lot of expenses and pie to be divided up before an individual non participating investor gets his portion. 

Sorry, I think you need to revisit your post.    

12 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

Have you ever run a business with overhead?  I have and you don't get to keep all the money that you take in as gross income.  

There is rental cost, insurance costs, advertisement cost, taxes, employee salaries (including Guerrero's) etc., all of which eat into the gross income.

The gross income I quoted was $200/hr, and mentioned a net income going to Brady of $20/hr.  And Brady does not, from what I understand, perform any services for the company other that perhaps investing in it and getting referrals, which is just, "hey go to my guy."  

So basically for providing basically zero work for the company, I quoted a figure where Brady is getting a net 10% of the gross income.   Do you think that is reasonable?  I think it is very reasonable.  Where can you go and be an investor and get 10% of the gross income of a company?

And lets not forget Brady may not be the sole investor, Guerrero's may own a piece of the pie too, which cuts into what the investors can take.  If he and Brady are equal partners, then the company needs to save 20% of its gross income to provide Brady only the 10%, and so on. 

There are lot of expenses and pie to be divided up before an individual non participating investor gets his portion. 

Yes I have. And i know enough to realize there is no way to project numbers based off of that small amount of info.

I dont have a clue what Brady makes, there is no way for me to know that. 

Im just laughing at your attempt to downplay it because you know its yet another bad look on your beloved football team.

12 hours ago, BlacknGold77 said:

confirmation bias.  people look for things with the Patriots, and not with other teams.

- Ray Rice was the spokesperson (when playing) for M&T Bank, you know the company with their name on the stadium

I'm in no position to criticize the Patriots Organization regarding Tom Brady association with this individual in question. But, I do concur with your belief that NE tends to get more scrutiny than other franchises typically do. Look at the pumping in of crowd noise scandal committed by the Atlanta Falcons & how small that fine was. I'm not comparing Deflate Gate to Noise Gate, but I will say this: Altered crowd noise or amped up crowd noise can negatively affect a game more than PSI air pressure can. 

Your example is a good one BG77 because it reminds all NFL fans that the league needs to apply all fines & punishments equally across the board. Part of the resentment is just jealousy of the Pats consistency of winning by other clubs & you're exactly right. This isn't the 1st time a superstar athlete got a perk or benefit from the organization that athlete plays for. 

After winning his appeal, Brady is basically bullet proof now after Goodell got soundly struck down in court. It is what it is. 

43 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

So where are you getting these numbers from? 

28 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The $200/hour is in the Globe article. The 10% to Brady is likely made up. Yehoodi even says that the article doesn't mention any figures other than the $200/hour.

I don't think anyone has reported how much Brady makes from this business (raw or percentage), or how much revenue is coming from the Patriots, or even if the revenue is separated so that whatever Brady makes isn't based on business from the Patriots. We don't know any of that. The NFL has evidently looked into it and has said they aren't breaking any rules, so I'm good with that.

But let's not make up numbers.

15 hours ago, BlacknGold77 said:

Players being a spokesperson for a team corporate sponsor is not uncommon I would think....

I think the Calvin Johnson wife being the PR director for the Lions, or even the Assistant Director is an eye opener for me.      I think it's in the gray area.     But if the 31 other NFL owners are OK with it,  then OK.

Personally,  I wouldn't be good with that, but that maybe just me.....

12 hours ago, Superman said:

The $200/hour is in the Globe article. The 10% to Brady is likely made up. Yehoodi even says that the article doesn't mention any figures other than the $200/hour.

I don't think anyone has reported how much Brady makes from this business (raw or percentage), or how much revenue is coming from the Patriots, or even if the revenue is separated so that whatever Brady makes isn't based on business from the Patriots. We don't know any of that. The NFL has evidently looked into it and has said they aren't breaking any rules, so I'm good with that.

But let's not make up numbers.

Even if brady was pocketing the entire 200 an hour it wouldn't be enough to be considered a circumvention of the salary cap I wouldn't think

54 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Even if brady was pocketing the entire 200 an hour it wouldn't be enough to be considered a circumvention of the salary cap I wouldn't think

That would probably turn some heads. One employee at $200/hr, 40 hours a week, is grossing $416K/year. That's significant and would likely be penalized by the league. Then you assume that the place is using multiple technicians at multiple stations, all charging $200/hr for services. Those numbers can get big.

Of course, Brady isn't clearing that much.

14 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

Yes I have. And i know enough to realize there is no way to project numbers based off of that small amount of info.

Im just laughing at your attempt to downplay it because you know its yet another bad look on your beloved football team.

So basically you do not have any numbers either, but yet you want to call me out and my number are wrong when you have no evidence to the contrary. I get it. 

I set out what I thought was a reasonable point, a net 10% payout to an individual partner from the gross billable hours.  Not sure why a 10% net profit is unreasonable.  Can you name me where you can net more than a 10% profit?    

And as you have run a business you realize that not all $200/hr goes to Brady, nor do we know how many billable hours he can bill in a given week. 

I am not down playing anything as I mentioned the issue comes down to how much money is going to Brady NOT that I was saying it was totally clean.   All we know from the article is a fee structure and nothing more.  Anything beyond that is pure speculation on my part and your part also btw. 

All that we can do is simply get a rough idea, that seems logical, based on the one figure we are given.  Surely there may be other expenses and incomes, but we do not know of any, beyond what we have, an hourly rate, a market value rent of space at Patriot Place, and an employee that likely wants a salary.

So how much % of that hourly rate do you think a single partner is getting?

14 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

double post

13 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Just a gut feeling of running my own business.  You can not hand out all of your billable hours income to whoever you want.  Rates may seem high but overhead cuts into them greatly, and to be able to set aside 10% net to someone to me seems reasonable.  Its just my opinion.

Bottom line none of us know the exact numbers, but is very likely that Brady is not making $200/hour, certainly something less than that number.

As the NFL is aware of the situation we should get a better idea, if at all, the NFL acts on the situation.  And as I mentioned earlier if it is a de minimis amount, the NFL will likely do nothing.  If it is something more than that I can see the NFL stepping in.

6 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

So basically you do not have any numbers either, but yet you want to call me out and my number are wrong when you have no evidence to the contrary. I get it. 

No the point is that you're just making up numbers and going "move along, there's nothing to see here..."

12 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

I set out what I thought was a reasonable point, a net 10% payout to an individual partner from the gross billable hours.  Not sure why a 10% net profit is unreasonable.  Can you name me where you can net more than a 10% profit?    

And as you have run a business you realize that not all $200/hr goes to Brady, nor do we know how many billable hours he can bill in a given week. 

I am not down playing anything as I mentioned the issue comes down to how much money is going to Brady NOT that I was saying it was totally clean.   All we know from the article is a fee structure and nothing more.  Anything beyond that is pure speculation on my part and your part also btw. 

All that we can do is simply get a rough idea, that seems logical, based on the one figure we are given.  Surely there may be other expenses and incomes, but we do not know of any, beyond what we have, an hourly rate, a market value rent of space at Patriot Place, and an employee that likely wants a salary.

So how much % of that hourly rate do you think a single partner is getting?

Look, I am not gonna make any accusations here. They are already well documented. But I know why you feel the need to try and make it look like Brady is just collecting a few bucks. I'm sure its just 1 trainer Yehoodi. I'm sure Brady dabbles in the smallest of businesses and has no interest in making money. I'm sure its all just another big misunderstanding.

My question is why don't you just let people talk if you really don't feel the team has done wrong?

How many shady things would it take for you to just admit that the rules dont really apply to your football team in your eyes anyways? There are excuses for spygate, deflategate, this little side deal......and that's your choice. I doubt they could do anything short of murdering an opposing player or coach for you to say they went to far. 

There are a ton of Colts fans that are jealous of your teams success, but I'm not one of them. You can have your SB titles. We just have one, but I have never felt the need to defend it, and your teams conduct has made me truly appreciate that, and I would rather lose than have to go through what you do to make excuses for everything they do. 

You've only won because of Bill Belichick, remember that, and he's getting near the end. Enjoy this while it lasts because once he's gone you are gonna have to pull something out of your butt to maintain that arrogant attitude you have. On the plus side, you probably aren't gonna have to make excuses for your team anymore, and trust me its an under rated feeling.

EDIT: I just read the article. And wow, this guy Brady is hooked up with seems more than a little shady. It also says he has a staff and an office at Patriots place, which seems to be a place for shady people. I'm sure its just a small operation.

I am not really sure how this is not a clear violation of salary cap rules. Its obvious that Brady has an additional revenue stream coming from the Patriots through this company. And I'm puzzled as to why the NFL who is out to get them seems to have no interest in pursuing disciplinary action for this?

Its almost like you guys are completely full of crap!

But I'm sure everything is just a huge misunderstanding!

The thing I find odd about all of these "Pats are cheating" things is that people don't seem willing/able to step back and look at the bigger picture before they leap to conclusions. Brady, by virtue of his own career and to a far greater extent his wife's career, is incomprehensibly wealthy. So doesn't logic suggest that his willingness to take a lesser value contract from the Patriots is simply due to the fact that he is more motivated by playing on a competitive team than he is by maxing out his contract? Generally, guys who are motivated by contract value are into the bragging rights and being able to say they make more than the next guy. So the notion that the Patriots are slipping him an extra half million or million or whatever it is to circumvent the cap and placate the player doesn't really add up. The deflated ball thing falls into the same category for me. There obviously was no competitive edge to be gained, as his stellar numbers this year prove, so it never made sense that they'd risk their organization's reputation any further in order to gain nothing.

3 hours ago, Bad Morty said:

The thing I find odd about all of these "Pats are cheating" things is that people don't seem willing/able to step back and look at the bigger picture before they leap to conclusions. Brady, by virtue of his own career and to a far greater extent his wife's career, is incomprehensibly wealthy. So doesn't logic suggest that his willingness to take a lesser value contract from the Patriots is simply due to the fact that he is more motivated by playing on a competitive team than he is by maxing out his contract? Generally, guys who are motivated by contract value are into the bragging rights and being able to say they make more than the next guy. So the notion that the Patriots are slipping him an extra half million or million or whatever it is to circumvent the cap and placate the player doesn't really add up. The deflated ball thing falls into the same category for me. There obviously was no competitive edge to be gained, as his stellar numbers this year prove, so it never made sense that they'd risk their organization's reputation any further in order to gain nothing.

So why is he involved with a company that provides treatment to Pats players in the first place? What purpose does that serve under your scenario? Is it charity? Obviously not.

He doesn't have enough to do he feels the need to check on the status of invoices for a company he has no interest in making money from? 

If what you're saying is true, then he wouldn't be involved and would spend more time focusing on his beautiful wife and very demanding career.

Another thing you guys don't seem to understand is how business really works. The true value of the company to its owner is not in the salary they draw but the worth of the company in the first place. If that company is worth 20 million dollars and TB is the owner..... He has basically 20 million in a savings account drawing interest. It still factors into his net worth and overall fortune. Wealthy people aren't well off just because they have a lot of cash. And they dont put their money into a savings account with small returns. They invest. A free investment into a proftable company is better than cash.

If this company grows and someday is worth 100 million, he can sell his stake in it. And if they provide treatment to the NFLs most successful franchise and they have that contract the company is worth a ton of money already. It is not unreasonable to believe they could be worth a crazy figure like that down the road.

More than likely the Patriots found another loophole and Tom Brady isn't drawing a salary from the company at all, right now. I bet he isn't even making the ridiculous 20 an hour figure yehoodi pulled out of the sky. But there is most definitely a reason he is offering his time to it. And I bet that is why. He will sell at some point and there is your payout. 

Not many things in the world are as addicting as making money and if you think that doesn't interest Tom Brady you're naive. 

Tom has a lot of money but compared to a lot of people in this world, he is a pretty small fish.

10 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

So why is he involved with a company that provides treatment to Pats players in the first place? What purpose does that serve under your scenario? Is it charity? Obviously not.

He doesn't have enough to do he feels the need to check on the status of invoices for a company he has no interest in making money from? 

If what you're saying is true, then he wouldn't be involved and would spend more time focusing on his beautiful wife and very demanding career.

Another thing you guys don't seem to understand is how business really works. The true value of the company to its owner is not in the salary they draw but the worth of the company in the first place. If that company is worth 20 million dollars and TB is the owner..... He has basically 20 million in a savings account drawing interest. It still factors into his net worth and overall fortune. Wealthy people aren't well off just because they have a lot of cash. And they dont put their money into a savings account with small returns. They invest. A free investment into a proftable company is better than cash.

If this company grows and someday is worth 100 million, he can sell his stake in it. And if they provide treatment to the NFLs most successful franchise and they have that contract the company is worth a ton of money already. It is not unreasonable to believe they could be worth a crazy figure like that down the road.

More than likely the Patriots found another loophole and Tom Brady isn't drawing a salary from the company at all, right now. I bet he isn't even making the ridiculous 20 an hour figure yehoodi pulled out of the sky. But there is most definitely a reason he is offering his time to it. And I bet that is why. He will sell at some point and there is your payout. 

Not many things in the world are as addicting as making money and if you think that doesn't interest Tom Brady you're naive. 

Tom has a lot of money but compared to a lot of people in this world, he is a pretty small fish.

My belief, from having heard him interviewed on the topic, is that he actually believes on an almost religious cult level in this nonsense that Guerrero is peddling. I think that explains 100% why he is involved in this business. I think it's absolutely crazy...but the guy believes he can drink liquid greens and prevent concussions (among other claims that seem ludicrous to me). I made the comparison to Scientology earlier in the thread. But the bottom line for me is that it makes zero sense that a guy with Brady's money and fame sees the financial need to get involved in a scam "side business" in order to grab an incremental income stream that is completely inconsequential compared to his existing wealth.

8 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

My belief, from having heard him interviewed on the topic, is that he actually believes on an almost religious cult level in this nonsense that Guerrero is peddling. I think that explains 100% why he is involved in this business. I think it's absolutely crazy...but the guy believes he can drink liquid greens and prevent concussions (among other claims that seem ludicrous to me). I made the comparison to Scientology earlier in the thread. But the bottom line for me is that it makes zero sense that a guy with Brady's money and fame sees the financial need to get involved in a scam "side business" in order to grab an incremental income stream that is completely inconsequential compared to his existing wealth.

As someone who has practiced alternative medicine for the last 20 years of my life, it still amazes me the lack of knowledge on this subject and how those who practice it are still considered crazy or quacks.

One's diet and health practices have far more to do with one's health than anything else, not to mention one's mindset and mental health which are often ignored by western medicine or treated with drugs. I can tell just from looking at Brady the last few years how much Alex has helped him. His body looks lean and his movements are spry. I have also noticed how he speaks differently especially when talking about himself. He is much more in touch with his emotions and feelings and has figured out how to put things that don't serve him well to the side and focus on the positive things that will help him perform on the football field. Of course the media and hacks out there chalk up his MVP caliber season to deflategate revenge as a simpleton answer without looking deeper into his life practices. As Brady has said himself, he has always had a thirst for knowledge and been open to learning about sports nutrition and practices that will serve him. Alex has obviously served him well but Brady is the one that has put the work in and ordered his life around certain disciplines that make him the champion he is and playing great football at age 38. 

And I agree about the scam business to grab incremental income. Brady has never been about the money his entire career even before he married his super model wife. If he really needed more money, he could just ink another endorsement from the dozens and dozens of offers I am sure he gets every season and turns down so he can focus on football. Given how much Alex has helped him, he wants to share that with his team and obviously the Patriots were on board with that. Honestly, I don't see anything negative here at all other than the media trying to drum something up. The author even admits that the NFL is aware of the partnership and has no issue with it. So, there you go. 

1 hour ago, amfootball said:

As someone who has practiced alternative medicine for the last 20 years of my life, it still amazes me the lack of knowledge on this subject and how those who practice it are still considered crazy or quacks.

One's diet and health practices have far more to do with one's health than anything else, not to mention one's mindset and mental health which are often ignored by western medicine or treated with drugs. I can tell just from looking at Brady the last few years how much Alex has helped him. His body looks lean and his movements are spry. I have also noticed how he speaks differently especially when talking about himself. He is much more in touch with his emotions and feelings and has figured out how to put things that don't serve him well to the side and focus on the positive things that will help him perform on the football field. Of course the media and hacks out there chalk up his MVP caliber season to deflategate revenge as a simpleton answer without looking deeper into his life practices. As Brady has said himself, he has always had a thirst for knowledge and been open to learning about sports nutrition and practices that will serve him. Alex has obviously served him well but Brady is the one that has put the work in and ordered his life around certain disciplines that make him the champion he is and playing great football at age 38. 

And I agree about the scam business to grab incremental income. Brady has never been about the money his entire career even before he married his super model wife. If he really needed more money, he could just ink another endorsement from the dozens and dozens of offers I am sure he gets every season and turns down so he can focus on football. Given how much Alex has helped him, he wants to share that with his team and obviously the Patriots were on board with that. Honestly, I don't see anything negative here at all other than the media trying to drum something up. The author even admits that the NFL is aware of the partnership and has no issue with it. So, there you go. 

I know very little about what it is Guerrero is peddling right now and I don't outright dismiss alternative medicine as quackery. But we DO know that Guerrero has a suspect past in terms of making unsubstantiated claims regarding the curative abilities of products he was selling. I also can't wrap my brain around the notion that drinking a liquified plant is going to prevent a concussion if some safety comes free on a blitz and decides to go for a kill shot on Brady's head. I don't disagree that he is in much better shape the past 2 years and is moving in the pocket better than he had been the prior several years. I'm sure his diet is healthy and has played a major role in that, but there's a lot more to it.

1 minute ago, Bad Morty said:

I know very little about what it is Guerrero is peddling right now and I don't outright dismiss alternative medicine as quackery. But we DO know that Guerrero has a suspect past in terms of making unsubstantiated claims regarding the curative abilities of products he was selling. I also can't wrap my brain around the notion that drinking a liquified plant is going to prevent a concussion if some safety comes free on a blitz and decides to go for a kill shot on Brady's head. I don't disagree that he is in much better shape the past 2 years and is moving in the pocket better than he had been the prior several years. I'm sure his diet is healthy and has played a major role in that, but there's a lot more to it.

The stuff Guerro was selling 13 years ago was to help cancer patients. Brady is not using those products and Brady has said that he talked to Geurro extensively about his past. I have never gotten the feeling that Brady is haphazard with those he goes into business with especially when it comes to his body and performance on the field.

Sports medicine is all about prevention. It is not that the liquefied plant is going to stop a concussion but if the head is impacted the recovery will be quicker. Everything is designed to help the body to respond and heal faster from impact and also to train the body to be able to absorb punishment. This is why Brady said he only works out 2-3 times a week as he wants his muscles pliable and soft and not hard to where they can break given he plays the QB position. From what Brady has said and from reading about the company, the diet, the sleep, the work outs -  all work in unison  to help the body absorb impact and recover from impact quicker. I have never heard Brady said he is unable to be injured as he understands he plays football but he is big into injury prevention believing that the more you get your body fine tuned, the less risk of injury or quicker recovery from injury. His diet is based on keeping inflammation in the body down by eating less surgars and more alkaline based foods like kale for example instead of an apple. It is a highly tuned diet specifically designed for Brady and for his position as a QB.

Of course there is more to it than just Guerro as Brady is a professional athlete, was already a person who worked hard at his body and craft and has been an elite player in the league for a long time. That has a lot more to do with his success than anything else. That being said, as he has gotten older Geurro has provided additional support to him to keep him performing at an optimal level. Like I said, I see no down side. So many athletes are into alternative medicine and practices but Brady has the name cache so you get these types of articles.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexreimer/2015/12/21/tom-brady-alex-guerrero-business-partnership-is-a-real-scandal/

Tom Brady's ties to Aex Guerrero appears to be a deeper scandal than originally thought.

"Even more dubiously, the Patriots are directly connected to him (Guerrero). The NFL tells the Globe they don’t have a problem with this partnership, though it’s worth noting the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement outlaws arrangements of this sort. In the NBA, it’s illegal for teams to enter agreements with a business that is owned by a player."

Brady actively took a pay cut yet the organization continues to have tie Brady and Guerrero's joint athletic training organization.

"Perhaps there’s a quid pro quo going on, with Brady agreeing to surrender salary in order for the team to prop up and legitimize Guerrero — never mind put some extra cash in TB12′s coffers."

None the less, it's been a year marred by scandal for Tom Brady with no signs of it ending. The Patriots know of Guerrero's shady past yet continue to do business with him. No shocker here.

On December 26, 2015 at 9:50 AM, amfootball said:

This explains so much about you.

On December 26, 2015 at 9:50 AM, amfootball said:

I don't know much about this Guerrero character, but I agree with a lot of what you have stated in this post.  I have known several doctors that have an "alternative medicine" practice and they are much more about prevention than the typical MD out there.  Most, not all, but most MDs are so closed minded to using something that is not manufactured in some chemical plant that they dismiss it out of hand. Not all alternative medicine is good either, some of it is snake oil.  It would be nice if there was a happy medium were most MDs would consider all methods and focus more on preventing health problems than treating the symptoms.  Of course that would also require more cooperation and compliance from the patients.