Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Archie Manning For Gm?thoughts?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldn't he be a good fit?You didn't really give any type of feedback,but sarcasm.

I'll start it off.

1) We just got OUT of a situation where there was the appearance of nepotism and coming up upon one of the biggest decisions of the franchise you want to hire the father of the person who is at the heart of that decision.

I'll start it off.

1) We just got OUT of a situation where there was the appearance of nepotism and coming up upon one of the biggest decisions of the franchise you want to hire the father of the person who is at the heart of that decision.

Sure...why not?The manning's have been great for our organization and conducted themselves with class throughout the years.I would consider him.

Have you seen enough from people on here to realize that may not have been the best suggestion.

So what?They will learn to shut their mouths and keep it FOOTBALL RELATED.If they don't like it,then they don't have to reply.It was a suggestion,because we're currently looking for a new GM and Irsay also stated he's willing to look outside the box.

So what?They will learn to shut their mouths and keep it FOOTBALL RELATED.If they don't like it,then they don't have to reply.It was a suggestion,because we're currently looking for a new GM and Irsay also stated he's willing to look outside the box.

What was Archie's job title with the Saints

He has always been involved within that organization.Yes,i'm aware it's mainly as a radio/tv personality.He raised two(should've been three) elite H.O.F. sons.So he must have a knack for something.He would make a good GM,in my opinion.

So in other words, he has not worked for the Saints front office. At least not in any capacity that would qualify him to run a football team.

How does being a father to a HOF QB qualify that person to run a football team?

Should we advocate interviewing Tom Brady's dad? I mean his son won more superbowls that Archies son's combined. That has to make him more qualified to be our GM right?

So in other words, he has not worked for the Saints front office. At least not in any capacity that would qualify him to run a football team.

Should we advocate interviewing Tom Brady's dad? I mean his son won more superbowls that Archies son's combined. That has to make him more qualified to be our GM right?

Archie could sell an ounce of sperm on ebay for 10k, but that doesn't qualify him for GM.

Manning is also familiar with our organization as well.I see only 2,maybe 3 choices as our next GM(telesco,angelo or irsay himself).I'm curious to see if archie could contribute something.

Manning is also familiar with our organization as well.I see only 2,maybe 3 choices as our next GM(telesco,angelo or irsay himself).I'm curious to see if archie could contribute something.

Jerry Angelo? Have we even interviewed him?

And Irsay is not going to be the GM. He already tried that and aknowledged he wasn't the right guy for the job a long time ago.

What exactly is it that you think Archie will contribute, aside from being completely unlikely to cut or trade his son?