Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoffs

GwinnettColt

I know that it's a little premature but I can only talk about O-line and next years coaching staff so much, so I put together playoffs possibilities along with the SB:  

AFC

Wild card:

Jets vs. Bengals

Texans vs. Steelers

Divisional

Steelers vs. Broncos

Jets vs. Patriots

AFC Championship Game

Steelers vs. Patriots

NFC

Wild Card

Packers vs. Vikings

Seahawks vs. Redskins

Divisional

Vikings vs. Panthers

Seahawks vs. Cardinals

NFC Championship Game

Cardinals vs Panthers

Super Bowl

Cardinals vs.Steelers

* Not an expert....just having some fun.  

I hate to say it but I got a repeat of NE and Seattle...Seattle is nothing to be played with right now. They got their swag back. And these damn Patriots...Who the hell is going to take them out in the AFC? You gotta go into that hell hole and get a win? Not happening...Denver is losing momentum fast. Peyton is not going to save them. Pittsburgh is the only true threat to NE. 

4 hours ago, Bogie said:

Seattle will beat Carolina, and make it to their third consecutive NFCCG. 

Arizona vs Seattle will be the real Super Bowl this year. 

Would LOVE to see the Cardinals in the SB. I just like that team man. They are playing great and what a historically snake bitten franchise...

2 hours ago, ThaCaliColt said:

Would LOVE to see the Cardinals in the SB. I just like that team man. They are playing great and what a historically snake bitten franchise...

Same here. They remind me so much of the 2009 Saints. Everyone has something critical to say about their defense, sorta like they did the '09 Saints. While they do get gashed on yardage, they get the clutch turnovers and things go their way, just like it did for that Saints team. 

If Arizona wins one more game, they will have won more games than any other team in their franchise history; just like the Saints getting 13 wins that year was a first time ever, for our team. 

Carson Palmer is very due for a ring IMO. The guy was about to become one of the best QB's of the league when he had his injury in the 2005 playoffs. If they get in the SB and win it, he will have finally have his redemption, and I am certainly rooting for him. 

3 hours ago, ThaCaliColt said:

I hate to say it but I got a repeat of NE and Seattle...Seattle is nothing to be played with right now. They got their swag back. And these damn Patriots...Who the hell is going to take them out in the AFC? You gotta go into that hell hole and get a win? Not happening...Denver is losing momentum fast. Peyton is not going to save them. Pittsburgh is the only true threat to NE. 

Seattle is going to be very tough in the post-season. I trust them more than Cam Newton/Rivera or Carson Palmer/Arians. I do think at Arizona would be tough for Seattle but they know how to win the big games better than any other team. I do think the Rawls injury could be brutal for them but somehow Wilson usually finds a way.

I feel good about the Pats but hope the injuries stop at some point. They are in great position to have maybe their easiest run to the SB the last 15 years with Dalton injured and the lack of good QB play in Denver.

The Chiefs have an excellent chance of stealing the West from the Broncos. KC has a good shot at sweeping the rest of their schedule, which would put them at 11-5 on the season with a 5-1 division record. If the Broncos lost two more games, the Chiefs would then win the division because they would hold the tiebreaker (division record).

The Chiefs will be favored in each of their remaining games, including 7-point favorites over the Ravens this weekend. The Broncos are 5.5-point underdogs in Pittsburgh this weekend. That would be step one ....

Chiefs schedule: at Ravens, Browns, Raiders

Broncos schedule: at Steelers, Bengals, Chargers

7 hours ago, ThaCaliColt said:

LOl at the bolded

4 hours ago, Bogie said:

Same here. They remind me so much of the 2009 Saints. Everyone has something critical to say about their defense, sorta like they did the '09 Saints. While they do get gashed on yardage, they get the clutch turnovers and things go their way, just like it did for that Saints team. 

If Arizona wins one more game, they will have won more games than any other team in their franchise history; just like the Saints getting 13 wins that year was a first time ever, for our team. 

Carson Palmer is very due for a ring IMO. The guy was about to become one of the best QB's of the league when he had his injury in the 2005 playoffs. If they get in the SB and win it, he will have finally have his redemption, and I am certainly rooting for him. 

corrected your triple post :)

4 hours ago, amfootball said:

Seattle is going to be very tough in the post-season. I trust them more than Cam Newton/Rivera or Carson Palmer/Arians. I do think at Arizona would be tough for Seattle but they know how to win the big games better than any other team. I do think the Rawls injury could be brutal for them but somehow Wilson usually finds a way.

I feel good about the Pats but hope the injuries stop at some point. They are in great position to have maybe their easiest run to the SB the last 15 years with Dalton injured and the lack of good QB play in Denver.

But Carolina really has it all including that so called magic (find ways to win).

If NE gets in the SB with Carolina they could lose to them. But as they say- ya gotta play the game.

4 hours ago, amfootball said:

The Chiefs have an excellent chance of stealing the West from the Broncos. KC has a good shot at sweeping the rest of their schedule, which would put them at 11-5 on the season with a 5-1 division record. If the Broncos lost two more games, the Chiefs would then win the division because they would hold the tiebreaker (division record).

The Chiefs will be favored in each of their remaining games, including 7-point favorites over the Ravens this weekend. The Broncos are 5.5-point underdogs in Pittsburgh this weekend. That would be step one ....

Do you just copy and paste most of "your" thoughts

I'll say Broncos over Cardinals in the SuperBowl. I had Broncos/Packers at the beginning of the season but as of today I cant pick against the Cards and it's tough enough to pick against the Panthers in the NFC. I think the Colts finish 8-8, win the Division by winning this week against the Texans and if we draw the Chiefs or Jets in Round 1, I like our chances to beat either if Andrew plays.

I had the Colts and Giants, based on the fact that the SB is usually 1 team that's had it pretty easy vs 1 team that's took it's lumps and survived. I figured (we all figured whether we all admit it or not) the Colts would have it easy. Obviously that leaves the Giants as the other team. 

Now...shoot...I have no clue. 19-0 is just impossible when the 3 toughest games come last in a row. But until they lose how can you bet against them?

AFC WILDCARD

Steelers 38 at Colts 16

Chiefs 25 at Bengals 7

AFC DIVISIONAL

Steelers 35 at Broncos 17

Chiefs 28 at Patriots 24

AFCCG

Chiefs 20 at Steelers 28

NFC WILDCARD

Seahawks 45 at Redskins 20

Vikings 14 at Packers 30

NFC DIVISIONAL

Seahawks 15 at Panthers 17

Packers 35 at Panthers 38

NFCCG

Cardinals 32 at Panthers 24

SUPERBOWL

Cardinals vs Steelers rematch, Cardinals win 1st superbowl against the team that denied them a few years back in what will unfold into an offensive onslaught by both teams and go down as one of the greatest superbowls ever. Cardinals 48 Steelers 45 OT

10 hours ago, amfootball said:

Excellent? Bengals don't have Andy D..

wishful thinking, a.m.?

19 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Not an expert here, either but....

The Colts are going to beat the (no QB) Texans Sunday ..and that virtually eliminates Houston...

How do the Jets beat out KC for the card?

With Whitehurst starting, I'm going to fall into maniacal laughter if the Colts beat the Texans.  

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Excellent? Bengals don't have Andy D..

wishful thinking, a.m.?

They do have a ferocious D Mark and the Denver O is anemic. Cincy can go in and beat them in Denver even with McCarron. Peyton may be back for that game. He is practicing this week which if everything goes well with his foot would mean he starts that game. Maybe the game of the regular of the season in terms of how the playoff seedings fall.

30 minutes ago, Jules said:

NE will be in the AFCCG probably. Other then that I don't know now lol.

I think Arizona will make the NFCCG.

With Denver losing, the Pats may just have to win one more game to secure HFA. That will be huge so they can rest up before Jan.

I like Seattle and Carolina in the NFCCG unless they play beforehand in the divisional round.