Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hope the Colts let Fleener walk

Pacergeek

On December 7, 2015 at 8:55 PM, Pacergeek said:

This guy just doesn't have the toughness that great teams need. On that 3rd and short play, where Fleener was tackled one yard short of the first down, really killed our momentum. Just gotta fight for that extra yard. Not acceptable to be tackled short of the first down marker. Went down way too easily. He is more concerned about his hair than winning football games. 

When you write nonsense like I put into bold,  do you actually realize that people here can....   you know.....  read what you write?

I'd be embarrassed if I ever wrote such hogwash.....

I don't care that you don't like him -- that's your right...     But see if you can't make a better argument than a 6th grader could?     Because "he's more concerned with his hair than winning football games" is what a 6th grader might write.

And I say that without trying to insult any 6th grader who might be reading this........

Just saying....

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Superman said:

He's average. You're not missing anything.

That doesn't mean we have to kick him off the team. If Fleener winds up being Heath Miller, for instance -- never one of the best TEs in the league, but good enough to start for a long time -- is that a bad thing?

Not at all. But I don't think Fleener is even on Heath Millers level. 

He's just such a tweener that I'm not sure if he's ever gonna be anything more than average. I'm more than fine having him on the team for a respectably low cap hit. But anything more than that, I'd just as soon go out and sign the Jack Doyle's, Conner Brate, Vance McDonalds of the league and spend money elsewhere. 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

How is Allen the better athlete?      How do you define that?

I've seen many people here say Allen is a better all-around tight end because he can block....   but that doesn't make him a better athlete.

Care to explain?

Because he's a better blocker, has better hands, and can evade tacklers better. That's why he is a better athlete.

33 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Because he's a better blocker, has better hands, and can evade tacklers better. That's why he is a better athlete.

those things do not make him a better athlete.  I also don't think Allen has better hands...I'd say they're pretty even.  The few drops Fleener has had were lapses in concentration, not him having "bad hands".

On 12/7/2015 at 0:20 AM, Gavin said:

Meh Fleener is what he is, A solid pass catching TE whos worthless as a blocker 9 times out of 10, He lacks strength, He is a willing blocker so I cant fault him for that. He just don't have the strength or mean streak in him

exactly! I'd rather have Dallas Clark When he was Fleener's age

2 hours ago, IndyTrav said:

Not at all. But I don't think Fleener is even on Heath Millers level. 

He's just such a tweener that I'm not sure if he's ever gonna be anything more than average. I'm more than fine having him on the team for a respectably low cap hit. But anything more than that, I'd just as soon go out and sign the Jack Doyle's, Conner Brate, Vance McDonalds of the league and spend money elsewhere. 

Cameron Brate?

1 hour ago, Jason_S said:

those things do not make him a better athlete.  I also don't think Allen has better hands...I'd say they're pretty even.  The few drops Fleener has had were lapses in concentration, not him having "bad hands".

Bad hands, lapses in concentration, the end result is still the same. Allen is better when healthy, but he's never healthy. Now that he is it's a crime he's gotten 12 catches this year.

12 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Bad hands, lapses in concentration, the end result is still the same. Allen is better when healthy, but he's never healthy. Now that he is it's a crime he's gotten 12 catches this year.

That is true.  But the cause of the issue is not what you stated.  And Fleener's "drop issue" has been way over exaggerated.  Off the top of my head, I can't think of the last time he had a straight up drop.

1 minute ago, Jason_S said:

That is true.  But the cause of the issue is not what you stated.  And Fleener's "drop issue" has been way over exaggerated.  Off the top of my head, I can't think of the last time he had a straight up drop.

This one is so egregious I think that's why it has permanent real estate in my brain :/

Just now, bababooey said:

This one is so egregious I think that's why it has permanent real estate in my brain :/

Yeah, I think that's the case for a lot of people.  That was last year...and I can't think of a time this year where he's done the same thing. :)

4 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Yeah, I think that's the case for a lot of people.  That was last year...and I can't think of a time this year where he's done the same thing. :)

Yea - I actually canceled my redzone this year. Unfortunately watching has been more stressful so I'm trying to just read along here/twitter and then catch the highlights which are only the good plays. Of course the nationally televised games are the ones we don't show up for that I watch every minute of. I will gladly take Fleener over Allen bc of his durability, I am just in the opinion of thinking Allen is better, at least in the red zone he is a bigger threat but I am happy w either.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2015 at 8:42 PM, bababooey said:

I can see that as well but even with Amaro it would be good to have Allen. He did get injured but when he was playing he wasn't first round material then again he had Geno throwing to him. If they were to pay for a TE while Amaro is on a rookie deal I could see them going for Dwayne. I'd love to see him play there as many ex Colts don't end up in NY where I can see them more often. Speaking of, Nicks was like half an inch from winning for the Giants this weekend, we were in the other endzone where Marshall tied it in the final minute- absolute insanity!!!

Yeah it was. Giants blew yet another game & the sad thing is that the NFC East winner will get a home playoff game with a record of 8-8 or worse which should make the NFL to change the playoffs to open seeding where you have to have a top 6 record in the conference to get in reguardless of division.

11 hours ago, bababooey said:

Yea - I actually canceled my redzone this year. Unfortunately watching has been more stressful so I'm trying to just read along here/twitter and then catch the highlights which are only the good plays. Of course the nationally televised games are the ones we don't show up for that I watch every minute of. I will gladly take Fleener over Allen bc of his durability, I am just in the opinion of thinking Allen is better, at least in the red zone he is a bigger threat but I am happy w either.

I agree if he could stay healthy Allen would be a no brainer but he can't. I wouldn't spend a lot for either of those guys next year. Neither are special players.

Fleeners inability to get even a 1/2 yard after contact is what drives me nuts. Doyle is probably more dependable than either. Maybe Swoope will be ready to do something next year. 

21 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

exactly! I'd rather have Dallas Clark When he was Fleener's age

Well, Dallas Clark was a top 5 TE in his prime. So, that's lofty comparison. Fleener is a capable target. I'd be fine getting him back at the right price. Neither he or Allen have had a good year but I'm not sure how much of that is their fault. I'd be fine bringing him back if we don't over pay.

4 hours ago, John Dee said:

I'd bring him and Allen back for league min ....   they are both very replaceable.  

Replace them with who? We're blessed to have 2 Pro Bowl caliber TEs. It's just a damn shame we don't feature them like we should to make this offense elite.