Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants Lose to Redskins - Washington in first place

amfootball

The Giants laid an egg today after their bye week. It was 20-0 Wash until the final 10 minutes when the Giants made a push at the comeback but as has been their MO this year, they were not able to close.

Redskins are now in first place and the Giants still have the Panthers on their schedule.

There are lots of teams in first place who were not expected to be.

True, but Washington has been terrible this season at times. And Kirk Cousins has more bad days than good ones. But this is the NFC East, which can never be predicted accurately.

True, but Washington has been terrible this season at times. And Kirk Cousins has more bad days than good ones. But this is the NFC East, which can never be predicted accurately.

Oh I know. I was giving you an opportunity to write about your team being tied with the Colts for first and my team being alone in first place. ;) Perhaps all of are teams will make the playoffs. :D

I think it is more sad that Redskins are in first place. All those teams in the NFC East are playing poorly, including the Redskins. I'm hoping the Giants make it but I hope the Vikes beat them in Week 16.

The Giants bandwagon on here is blinded by all their issues, just because THEY PLAY NEW ENGLAND TOUGH! 

They live to play the Patriots tough lol.

But, I still can't count out the Giants from winning the division. Some crap WILL win that division and it's the Giants or Skins.

But, I still can't count out the Giants from winning the division. Some crap WILL win that division and it's the Giants or Skins.

Must be why they are only relevant every four years. lol.

Skins can win the division if they can play steady the next 5 games. They have a better divisional and conference record then the Giants.

Must be why they are only relevant every four years. lol.

Skins can win the division if they can play steady the next 5 games. They have a better divisional and conference record then the Giants.

Asking the Skins to play steady for 5 games is a big big challenge......

Most of the time the NFC East comes down to the final week in recent years. And the AFC South might even come down to the end this year too.

Oh I know. I was giving you an opportunity to write about your team being tied with the Colts for first and my team being alone in first place. ;) Perhaps all of are teams will make the playoffs. :D

I think it is more sad that Redskins are in first place. All those teams in the NFC East are playing poorly, including the Redskins. I'm hoping the Giants make it but I hope the Vikes beat them in Week 16.

Oh yeah, I would gloat, but the Colts won today too haha Still a tie for first place as of now, and only a few games left for everything to shake out too. Congrats to your Vikes as well! I know it feels good to be in first. I wouldn't mind seeing the Giants win the NFC East either, or the Eagles. As long as the Cowboys remain at the bottom where they belong lol. I don't think I have to worry about them making any noise anyway.

Oh yeah, I would gloat, but the Colts won today too haha Still a tie for first place as of now, and only a few games left for everything to shake out too. Congrats to your Vikes as well! I know it feels good to be in first. I wouldn't mind seeing the Giants win the NFC East either, or the Eagles. As long as the Cowboys remain at the bottom where they belong lol. I don't think I have to worry about them making any noise anyway.

Cowboys are done! :D

They'll play NE tough, and then give up 500 passing yards to Brees, or 200+ rushing yards to Dallas.

I'd actually pick the Skins to win that division, given that they are 5-0 at home. They could finish the season undefeated at home and win the division by just winning one road game. They're currently winless on the road, but that will change when they play Dallas. 

They finish 8-0 at home, then 1-7 on the road, it's still 9-7. 

I do not know why everyone thinks the Giants are this great team just cause they play New England close. You're right, they live to play New England, it's the only thing they're useful for, but then are average in every other game. The Saints broke records putting up offensive numbers on that pathetic defense. We've seen them time and time again get destroyed on defense, meanwhile everyone picks them just cause they're so desperate to see the Patriots lose. 

At best the Giants will finish 9-7 or 8-8. There is no way I would pick them against Minnesota or Carolina. The Giants defense has gotten thrashed by the run game, and Peterson currently is the leading RB of the league, he's bound to have a big day against them. Carolina will beat them too, given the Giants can't keep up with semi-good defenses, and they currently are the last great defense left that they play. 

Washington has the easier schedule to close out, and I'd put it on them to go 8-0 at home. 

Colts Giants and Rex Ryan played the patriots close this year and they also loss to the Broncos with a backup QB! The patriots are now facing the injury bug they won't be the same team from years past. They won't over come those injuries! Both starting LBs out, all receiving threat out, and that oline is staring to get exploited!

They'll play NE tough, and then give up 500 passing yards to Brees, or 200+ rushing yards to Dallas.

I'd actually pick the Skins to win that division, given that they are 5-0 at home. They could finish the season undefeated at home and win the division by just winning one road game. They're currently winless on the road, but that will change when they play Dallas. 

They finish 8-0 at home, then 1-7 on the road, it's still 9-7. 

I do not know why everyone thinks the Giants are this great team just cause they play New England close. You're right, they live to play New England, it's the only thing they're useful for, but then are average in every other game. The Saints broke records putting up offensive numbers on that pathetic defense. We've seen them time and time again get destroyed on defense, meanwhile everyone picks them just cause they're so desperate to see the Patriots lose. 

At best the Giants will finish 9-7 or 8-8. There is no way I would pick them against Minnesota or Carolina. The Giants defense has gotten thrashed by the run game, and Peterson currently is the leading RB of the league, he's bound to have a big day against them. Carolina will beat them too, given the Giants can't keep up with semi-good defenses, and they currently are the last great defense left that they play. 

Washington has the easier schedule to close out, and I'd put it on them to go 8-0 at home. 

The Skins have been coming on lately. They got destroyed by the two best teams in the league in the Pats and Panthers but as you say they have the better records in the division in conference. Not sure I really trust Gruden just yet but his team is playing tough and Cousins has been better than expected.

The Giants get overhyped every year but in particular when it is 4 years because they won their SBs 4 yrs apart but they are not on the same planet as the Panthers or Cards and like you, I would not pick them vs the Vikings or Seattle for that matter.

I don't believe any defense can be worse than the Saints defense.

Giants are actually ranked statistically worse than the Saints, and anyone that watched the Giants/Saints game, knows their defense is pathetic. The numbers don't lie, and they've been getting gashed very badly on the ground even before they played us. 

The Skins have been coming on lately. They got destroyed by the two best teams in the league in the Pats and Panthers but as you say they have the better records in the division in conference. Not sure I really trust Gruden just yet but his team is playing tough and Cousins has been better than expected.

The Giants get overhyped every year but in particular when it is 4 years because they won their SBs 4 yrs apart but they are not on the same planet as the Panthers or Cards and like you, I would not pick them vs the Vikings or Seattle for that matter.

Washington isn't great by any means, but at home things seem to go their way. They had that one epic game vs Tampa Bay where they came back from 24 points down and won by the skin of their teeth. 

Well, I'm not a superstitious person in any way. Those trends with patterns of years and stuff can be fun, but all of that stuff is made to be broken, just as the coincidences of people that think they experience paranormal events in life. I remember when the Saints lost their final 3 at the end of 2009 and everyone kept saying how we were going to be one and done in the playoffs cause "no team wins the SB after losing 3 in a row at the end of the season" 

The Giants just don't impress me at all. They didn't impress me before the Saints played them either, and I know I'm going to get spammed with replies "BUT YER TEAMS DA WORSTEST! Cause there's always a little group that follow my posts around to whine about the Saints. But the Saints have a track record of exposing the Giants for their mediocrity. We exposed them in 2009, after they started 5-0 and they finished 8-8. We exposed them again in 2011, just a shame no one could take advantage of that down the road. And again this year, I think we exposed their defense for how bad they are, if one can stop their pass rush. 

I think what it all comes down to with the Giants/Eli bandwagon is, these people are just so desperate to see the Pats lose, and they're so scared the Pats are going to repeat, and they believe just cause the Giants have beaten them in the SB twice now, some how they'll do it again. Even if the Giants can match up with NE pretty well, I do not see them besting Arizona or Carolina in the post season. 

If anyone is going to give the Pats a great SB, I'm taking Arizona. That team is fully complete and appears to be the most solid proof team of the NFC that could compete with them and deliver a great game in the end. 

Giants are actually ranked statistically worse than the Saints, and anyone that watched the Giants/Saints game, knows their defense is pathetic. The numbers don't lie, and they've been getting gashed very badly on the ground even before they played us.

You will have to show me those stats. I just looked at scoring defense. The Saints have given up 66 points more than the Giants. (Saints 339 points to Giants 273). 339 points against is by far the most of any team. The Chargers are the only other team that has given up more than 300 points to opposing teams.

You got one thing right: numbers don't lie.

You will have to show me those stats. I just looked at scoring defense. The Saints have given up 66 points more than the Giants. (Saints 339 points to Giants 273). 339 points against is by far the most of any team. The Chargers are the only other team that has given up more than 300 points to opposing teams.

You got one thing right: numbers don't lie.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

Giants are at the bottom, below us on overall defensive stats, in yardage. 

Nitpick it all you want. I don't care. If you want to follow my posts around and spam me with how bad the Saints are, that's fine. There's already a little group on here that enjoys doing just that, but my point is; the Giants defense is bad. The numbers are there, and it's tiresome how everyone hypes them up year in and year out. 

Nitpick it all you want. I don't care. If you want to follow my posts around and spam me with how bad the Saints are, that's fine. There's already a little group on here that enjoys doing just that, but my point is; the Giants defense is bad. The numbers are there, and it's tiresome how everyone hypes them up year in and year out.

I don't spam or follow anyone; in fact, I rarely respond to your posts, as they are often so over the top. However, before you criticize one team for deficiencies in one area, keep in mind that yours is not that much better.

Thats right. You are extremely friendly to the Colts fan base  :thmup:

Scoring defense is the number that matters.

Triple post

You can allow 99 yards as a defense on every drive but if you only give up 3 on the drive you're not doing that bad.