Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos' Brock Osweiler to start versus Patriots

Shane Bond

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So no Brady/Manning #17. I figured that would happen after Brock played well yesterday but still a real bummer.

The article says Manning is getting another opinion on his foot. I wonder if he is considering some type of surgery so he can get back this season quicker.

He is battling for sure. Lets see how it all plays out.

If Jamie Collins is not available next week with Edelman already out, Pats are not looking that invincible.

Broncos will have Ware and Sanders back.

He is battling for sure. Lets see how it all plays out.

If Jamie Collins is not available next week with Edelman already out, Pats are not looking that invincible.

Broncos will have Ware and Sanders back.

Collins is expected back. He was over the virus this week but needed to put back on weight and get in football shape again.

I would expect Belichick to feast on Brock given it will be his second start similar to what he did to Tyrod Taylor in week 2. And Brady historically has owned Phillip defenses. I would not be surprised if this game was a blow out but Pats have had issues IN Denver so it could be close too.

Collins is expected back. He was over the virus this week but needed to put back on weight and get in football shape again.

I would expect Belichick to feast on Brock given it will be his second start similar to what he did to Tyrod Taylor in week 2. And Brady historically has owned Phillip defenses. I would not be surprised if this game was a blow out but Pats have had issues IN Denver so it could be close too.

Wade Phillips didn't have this personnel in defense before. Missing Edelman is huge. Pats are vulnerable in this game.

Brock is for real.

Wade Phillips didn't have this personnel in defense before. Missing Edelman is huge. Pats are vulnerable in this game.

Brock is for real.

I have not been that impressed with this Denver defense lately. They lead the league in personal fouls with 21 so that shows they are undisciplined. And Miller does not look the same without Ware alongside him. Edelman is a blow for sure but the Pats are going to score. It remains to be seen what Brock can do. He was good yesterday. He will have to be a lot better to beat the Pats against a much better defense than the Bears.

Brock is for real.

I'm not sure if brock is for real or not. He has one game. The hoodie has film on him now. We will see. Hopefully Kubiak and phillips have a great game plan. Hillman needs to have a good game and the d needs to get pressure without a bunch of blitzing

I am happy for Osweiler, though...He waited 3 1/2 years for his shot.

He was a little clumsy and dorky (I think that's just him) but he didn't fumble or throw an interception..

..and he does run Kubiak's signature bootleg play very well..

Next time we debate whether a high draft choice QB can gain something significant by sitting behind a vet for 2 or 3 years,

Brock's situation will come up in the discussion

He was a little clumsy and dorky (I think that's just him) but he didn't fumble or throw an interception..

Next time we debate whether a high draft choice QB can gain something significant by sitting behind a vet for 2 or 3 years,

What if for some silly reason Denver pulls the upset off, do you think there will be a QB controversy at that point?

What if for some silly reason Denver pulls the upset off, do you think there will be a QB controversy at that point?

I know what you're saying and you're right. If Brock is the QB as Denver beats New England...its going to be

controversy with a capital 'K'

I think big Brock starts until he loses...

Bert (Albert) Breer was just on the radio stating that Elway is unhappy with Peyton, and that's it's likely that Peyton will be IRd.

It's Breer, so take that as you will.

I just cant help but think that when you go get a second diagnosis...the first one was probably that you are down and out.

Very concerned.

Rivers sat under Drew Brees for several years and I think it was very valuable for him a well.  I'm sure coming into the league he would have wished he could have started right out of the gate but I bet today he would tell you otherwise.

I have not been that impressed with this Denver defense lately. They lead the league in personal fouls with 21 so that shows they are undisciplined. And Miller does not look the same without Ware alongside him. Edelman is a blow for sure but the Pats are going to score. It remains to be seen what Brock can do. He was good yesterday. He will have to be a lot better to beat the Pats against a much better defense than the Bears.

I agree 100% with this statement AMF. What I bolded in your post above. Denver is fine operating with a lead, but if they must dig themselves out of a hole, they tend to unravel on D. 

Yes, beating the Bears doesn't really impress me either as Chicago is in full rebuild mode. The victory is kind of hallow to me. Brock has no shot vs NE. He is toast. 

I just feel bad for #18. I love those Brady vs Manning matchups. Legendary stuff man. This better be Peyton's last season because his body is breaking down & if he tries to play for another franchise, it won't end well. 

I don't wanna see Manning humiliated. If he continues playing after this season, he will be IMO. #Tough Love. 

I agree 100% with this statement AMF. What I bolded in your post above. Denver is fine operating with a lead, but if they must dig themselves out of a hole, they tend to unravel on D.

Yes, beating the Bears doesn't really impress me either as Chicago is in full rebuild mode. The victory is kind of hallow to me. Brock has no shot vs NE. He is toast.

I just feel bad for #18. I love those Brady vs Manning matchups. Legendary stuff man. This better be Peyton's last season because his body is breaking down & if he tries to play for another franchise, it won't end well.

I don't wanna see Manning humiliated. If he continues playing after this season, he will be IMO. #Tough Love.

NE defense is aok. Game is played at Mile High.

I'm disappointed, but I find relief in the pouting, crying, whining, sobbing, pencil chewing, nervous, shivering SNF crew lol! But now we have to listen to a Bob Costas retrospecrive.

I gotta give you props BC. I didn't want to believe you when you said something to the effect that all veteran QBs in their last 30's minus John Elway always go out like this. I wanted to believe Peyton was the exception to the father time rule. Sadly, I was wrong. 

I still respect Manning who is a yellow jacket HOF lock, but after this year, Manning is done playing professional football. He's gonna make a great TV analyst though. Forget coaching the Colts. Let the man enjoy his family & free time INDY faithful. Thanks for all the wonderful memories Peyton! You were an exceptional QB & a honorable man of charity & goodwill. 

NE defense is aok. Game is played at Mile High.

The Broncos in Denver are formidable Shane yes, that is true. However, DC Matt Patricia is going to throw a lot of complicated blitzes & coverages at Brock that will confuse & perplex him. 

I don't have a good feeling about a Mile High victory personally. Unless Talib pokes Brady in the eye that is...Just Kidding! 

I gotta give you props BC. I didn't want to believe you when you said something to the effect that all veteran QBs in their last 30's minus John Elway always go out like this. I wanted to believe Peyton was the exception to the father time rule. Sadly, I was wrong.

I still respect Manning who is a yellow jacket HOF lock, but after this year, Manning is done playing professional football. He's gonna make a great TV analyst though. Forget coaching the Colts. Let the man enjoy his family & free time INDY faithful. Thanks for all the wonderful memories Peyton! You were an exceptional QB & a honorable man of charity & goodwill.

Peyton is the man. Always has been. Always will be.

Rivers sat under Drew Brees for several years and I think it was very valuable for him a well.  I'm sure coming into the league he would have wished he could have started right out of the gate but I bet today he would tell you otherwise.

Exactly right...G-fan

I'll always wonder what would have become of RG3 had he sat behind a veteran QB for 2 or 3 years

Sad to say...but I think Peyton may be done, done for good

I think you may be correct,  we'll see.   His issues this year are a combination of many things.    

Aging.

Repeated injuries (which seem to come more easily as one ages, and also taking longer to heal the older we get).

Trying to learn a new system after doing things a certain way all your career.

No doubt about it, he's been one of the most exciting players in the game.   I will miss watching him play, but I have not enjoyed watching things unfold this year.     It in no way changes my opinion of him, and what he's done for the game and the league.  The only thing it changes for me, is I am finally coming to terms that it is probably time.

I think you may be correct, we'll see. His issues this year are a combination of many things.

Aging.

Repeated injuries (which seem to come more easily as one ages, and also taking longer to heal the older we get).

Trying to learn a new system after doing things a certain way all your career.

No doubt about it, he's been one of the most exciting players in the game. I will miss watching him play, but I have not enjoyed watching things unfold this year. It in no way changes my opinion of him, and what he's done for the game and the league. The only thing it changes for me, is I am finally coming to terms that it is probably time.

He is not done yet. This is not how the story ends.

I'm not sure if brock is for real or not. He has one game. The hoodie has film on him now. We will see. Hopefully Kubiak and phillips have a great game plan. Hillman needs to have a good game and the d needs to get pressure without a bunch of blitzing

Brock may be like Matt Flynn.....one game hero?  Time will tell.  I am not shutting down 18 until he is ready.

I think Osweiler looked solid last week vs the Bears but it's one week.  The Broncos defense needs to step up and play well at home if they want to have a chance VS Brady.  Bradys o line is banged up and he's losing weapons left and right but still has the all pro tight end.  If Osweiler doesn't turn the ball over and the Broncos can force some turnovers, 3 and outs and long fields for Brady, I think the Broncos can win.  I do think the Pats will pull this one out.  I am predicting 20-16.

The Pats defense should be able to shut down Brock and the Kubiak offense as it is predicated on the run and the Pats are solid vs the run and their pass coverage has been exceptional with Butler and Ryan. I just don't see Denver scoring more than the 17 they did vs the Bears. The Pats offense will also have its challenges given the injuries but I expect Brady to put up points in the mid 20's which should be enough for the win.