Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans @ Bengals Monday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the AFC South doesn't suck as bad as everyone thinks....... Jags, Colts and Texans have all won their last games against non divisional opponents.

It doesn't the Jags Titans and Colts are all teams that are going to continue to improve IMO. The Texans still need to find a QB.

In the coming years we could have 3 of the better QB's in our divison

Maybe the AFC South doesn't suck as bad as everyone thinks....... Jags, Colts and Texans have all won their last games against non divisional opponents.

Jags and Texans are looking better...maybe we finish 3rd in the division.

If we are going to be bad we may as well be REALLY bad and get a great draft position, rather than be mediocre and win the div with a losing record.

The Super Bowl is a few years away after we draft smart and quit signing the over-the-hill gang members.

Not really. Tie breakers come at the "end" of the season. Right now each team has the same number of wins. That's all they are saying.

No more no less.

Wrong, as of now we hold the headtohead tie breaker against the Texans. That is the #1 tiebreaker within Division play. So as of now the Colts still hold the lead. I see what you are saying though but if the season ended today the Colts would be Division Champs.

Yes, very interesting. Don't sleep on the Jaguars or Titans either, though I do think the division comes down to either my team or yours.

I think our Division is much better than people think. Way to go for your Texans to represent. In a way I really don't mind the Texans winning because I am sick of hearing how everyone says our Division is weak. WE just beat the undefeated Broncos when they had everyone healthy and you guys just took out Cincy in Cincy with those guys healthy. Jags just won in Baltimore too, doesn't sound weak to me.

I think our Division is much better than people think. Way to go for your Texans to represent. In a way I really don't mind the Texans winning because I am sick of hearing how everyone says our Division is weak. WE just beat the undefeated Broncos when they had everyone healthy and you guys just took out Cincy in Cincy with those guys healthy. Jags just won in Baltimore too, doesn't sound weak to me.

Not to mention Mariota is progressing and playing like a vet already. I was tough on the AFC South myself, but yeah, things have heated up these past two weeks. I love it :)

Not to mention Mariota is progressing and playing like a vet already. I was tough on the AFC South myself, but yeah, things have heated up these past two weeks. I love it :)

Yeah Mariota is scary good, just a rookie but he is the 2nd best QB in the Division behind Luck, no offense to your team but you guys have the best Defense. Not sure what to make of the Jags but they are playing tough every week it seems.

Wrong, as of now we hold the headtohead tie breaker against the Texans. That is the #1 tiebreaker within Division play. So as of now the Colts still hold the lead. I see what you are saying though but if the season ended today the Colts would be Division Champs.

except the season doesn't end today.

You're doing nothing but projecting out slightly less than half the season that you will be tied by then and thus........... 

not to mention you have to play them again........

except the season doesn't end today.

You're doing nothing but projecting out slightly less than half the season that you will be tied by then and thus........... 

not to mention you have to play them again........

I know, It just bothered me that ESPN kept saying 1st place Texans when they didn't even mention Indy there for a while. At the end when Steve Young and crew was on they brought up Indy finally.

And everything falling into place for the Patriots again.

Wonderful.

Yeah I know here it goes again, lmao. The Pats at this point look like the favorites but I don't think they will go undefeated. Losing Edleman will cost them a game or 2. That's unfortunate for them but winning the SB is really all that counts in the end. It will take a complete game to beat Tommy.

Yeah I know here it goes again, lmao. The Pats at this point look like the favorites but I don't think they will go undefeated. Losing Edleman will cost them a game or 2. That's unfortunate for them but winning the SB is really all that counts in the end. It will take a complete game to beat Tommy.

I mean, who's going to knock them off? The AFC West and South divisions will put up a very weak champion, and the Bengals will probably go one-and-done again. Nobody going for the Wild Card either looks intimidating at this point.

Even on the NFC side, I used to say the Packers, but that doubt is starting to crawl in my mind. Maybe Arizona, but after that, the talent drops significantly.

I mean, who's going to knock them off? The AFC West and South divisions will put up a very weak champion, and the Bengals will probably go one-and-done again. Nobody going for the Wild Card either looks intimidating at this point.

Even on the NFC side, I used to say the Packers, but that doubt is starting to crawl in my mind. Maybe Arizona, but after that, the talent drops significantly.

If Denver is completely healthy on the Defensive side and Peyton is healthy Denver could still beat them IMO but that is a BIG IF. In the NFC Arizona's Defense could confuse Tom if they play in the SB but I still dont trust Carson Palmer on a big stage like that.

If Denver is completely healthy on the Defensive side and Peyton is healthy Denver could still beat them IMO but that is a BIG IF. In the NFC Arizona's Defense could confuse Tom if they play in the SB but I still dont trust Carson Palmer on a big stage like that.

I would say Carolina, but I think not having Kelvin Benjamin could be a long term problem....

Great win tonight! For some reason we seem to have the Bengals number. This is huge moving forward...hopefully Hoyer is alright.

May I say thank you, thank you, thank you to your fabulous Texans. You just gave the Pats a one game cushion

for HFA. :thmup:

But really, it is games like these that make it hard to believe in Cincy and I was one of the ones that DID believe in them this year. But to have a performance like that at home with no TDs is just inexcusable. Not to take anything away from your Texans who have looked pretty good the last couple of weeks but this is a terrible loss for Cincy and will only further fuel the dissenters who say they are not a legit team when it comes to the big games in Jan.

The Panthers scare me. The Giants of course but I don't think they are good enough this year to get to the bowl. I like the Vikings too but they may be one year too early to get there but I think they win a playoff game this year. Arizona is pretty scary as well as long as Palmer stays healthy.

I have not given much thought all season to going 16-0 as I really don't care. I want the 1 seed more than anything but the Pats schedule is pretty easy the next 7 games given Denver's situation and the Jets tail spinning. I agree that they do probably lose a game or two but I am fine with that as long as they get HFA. Edelman is projected to be back for the playoffs which is good news as we will need him to make a serious run at the championship.

And everything falling into place for the Patriots again.

Wonderful.

lol...dude you need to give yourself a vacation from the Patriots. They aren't going undefeated this year. Hell...I'm starting to think that if they hit 12-0 that will probably lock up a first round bye, at which point Brady should announce he's taking the suspension...the way things have gone for this team this year, keeping him off the field and away from injuries is A-OK with me! Gronk should take the suspension too...in solidarity!

I have not given much thought all season to going 16-0 as I really don't care. I want the 1 seed more than anything but the Pats schedule is pretty easy the next 7 games given Denver's situation and the Jets tail spinning. I agree that they do probably lose a game or two but I am fine with that as long as they get HFA. Edelman is projected to be back for the playoffs which is good news as we will need him to make a serious run at the championship.

It has to cross your mind haha. When we had Peyton and had starts of 9-0, 13-0, 14-0, etc.. I was wanting 16-0. You guys did it once, why not go for it again. Polian still has me upset pulling the plug in 2009 because after starting 14-0 I wanted 16-0 and when they took a poll back in 2009, 91% of Colts fans here in Indy wanted 16-0. That made me sick when we didn't go for it. I will say this though, getting HFA and then winning the SB is the most important thing but going 19-0 would be just the ultimate!

lol...dude you need to give yourself a vacation from the Patriots. They aren't going undefeated this year. Hell...I'm starting to think that if they hit 12-0 that will probably lock up a first round bye, at which point Brady should announce he's taking the suspension...the way things have gone for this team this year, keeping him off the field and away from injuries is A-OK with me! Gronk should take the suspension too...in solidarity!

He is a Buffalo fan so take it easy on him (sarcasm). Playing in the same Division as Tom, has to be completely frustrating because you have no chance.

It has to cross your mind haha. When we had Peyton and had starts of 9-0, 13-0, 14-0, etc.. I was wanting 16-0. You guys did it once, why not go for it again. Polian still has me upset pulling the plug in 2009 because after starting 14-0 I wanted 16-0 and when they took a poll back in 2009, 91% of Colts fans here in Indy wanted 16-0. That made me sick when we didn't go for it. I will say this though, getting HFA and then winning the SB is the most important thing but going 19-0 would be just the ultimate!

Earlier in the year, I wanted 19-0 but with th injures mounting, I would rather have rest this year if possible for our team as I believe we will need it the last couple of games. Although, I doubt Bill will not go for it if the team is 14-0 as he did in 2007. But at this point I just want HFA and a healthy team for Jan.

I don't think it's a matter of "going for it" at this point in the year. They are going to be trying to beat Buffalo next week at exactly the same level as they would be if they were 8-1 or 7-2 right now, because nothing is locked up. "Going for it" really only comes into play for the last game..though this year with Cincy losing and Denver taking a bit of a nose dive it's conceivable they might find themselves having locked everything up at 14-0 if they keep winning, so there may be 2 "meaningless" games. The way their O-Line has been banged up this year, I tend to agree that hitting the playoffs healthy is a far more important goal. Going in 16-0 with a bunch of concussed lineman and other assorted injuries is pointless. Put Jimmy G. and the 2nd stringers in and go all out to win with your subs. Maybe they'll pull it off.

Earlier in the year, I wanted 19-0 but with th injures mounting, I would rather have rest this year if possible for our team as I believe we will need it the last couple of games. Although, I doubt Bill will not go for it if the team is 14-0 as he did in 2007. But at this point I just want HFA and a healthy team for Jan.

I am really hoping the Colts can get healthy especially Luck and we can get at least another shot at you guys in the Playoffs. Only contender/Good to Great teams Luck hasn't beat yet in his career is the Pats. The way I look at it, to be the best you have to beat the best. If we go 0-6 there is always next season. No shame in losing to a great team like the Pats, it's frustrating but it is what it is and a learning experience. I honestly think if we fail in the Playoffs again Irsay may fire both Pagano and Grigson IMO

The Panthers scare me. The Giants of course but I don't think they are good enough this year to get to the bowl. I like the Vikings too but they may be one year too early to get there but I think they win a playoff game this year. Arizona is pretty scary as well as long as Palmer stays healthy.

As I said earlier, I'd be more bullish on the Panthers if they had Kelvin Benjamin, The guy's a beast and can stretch the field for that offense, and they're a bit more limited on what they could do without him. Could come back to haunt Carolina when they play some of the better teams.

As I said earlier, I'd be more bullish on the Panthers if they had Kelvin Benjamin, The guy's a beast and can stretch the field for that offense, and they're a bit more limited on what they could do without him. Could come back to haunt Carolina when they play some of the better teams.

I would've loved to see the Bills of the early 90's battle these Patriots teams of recent history year in and year out. Man I would pay to see that and the comments leading up to those matchups.

I would've loved to see the Bills of the early 90's battle these Patriots teams of recent history year in and year out. Man I would pay to see that and the comments leading up to those matchups.

I'm sure the 90s Bills would wither up, and our HOF offense would look silly.

That and Bruce Smith would probably be a non-factor.