Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Green Bay (-3) @ Denver (11-1-15)

oldunclemark

Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth - NBC - 8:30 EST

Mid-50s with no rain.. over-under 45.5

Rare meeting of Denver and Green Bay and just the fourth meeting of 6-0 teams in NFL history (can that be true?)

Rare game where Denver isn't favored at home

MVP Aaron Rodgers (124 of 182, 1,491, 15 Tds, 2 INTs) should get back WR Davante Adams. who has missed 3 games)

WR James Jones (21 catches, 424 yards)leads the NFL with 6 TD catches.

WR Randall Cobb (30 catches, 350 yards, 4 Tds). James Starks (62 runs, 283 yards) and Eddie Lacy (67 rushes, 260 yards) should all be ready .

Peyton Manning (146 of 237, 1,524 yards, 7 Tds, 10 INTs)and Denver's offense averaging 23 points a game, lowest in his 4 years in Denver. WR Demariyus Thomas (48 catches, 527 yards) and Emmanuel Sanders (38 catches, 527 yards) have combined for just 4 Tds. HB Ronnie Hillman (66 rushes, 323 yards) has two 100-yard games in 3 weeks,.

Denver has 24 QB sacks in 6 games, No, 1 in the NFL and they get 77-year-old DeMarcus Ware (4.5 sacks) back from a back injury. But Green Bay has 23 QB sacks led by 78-year-old Julius Peppers who has 5.5 sacks.

Made for TV matchup with both teams having 2 weeks to get ready.

I think this spread narrows as the week goes on. minus-2, maybe even minus-1 for GB.

Too close to call but the 'under' looks good

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most years we would all expect this to be a shoot out but I think both QBs will have a hard time in this game. Green Bays D gave up a lot of yards to Rivers but overall their defense is pretty good and we all know Denvers defense is very good. The first team to score 20 points probably wins this game. I could easily see both QBs throwing a couple interceptions in this game, it will come down to who makes the least mistakes. Should be a good game.

This is impossible to predict. On paper it looks like a defensive game, maybe even a boring defensive game since both of these quarterbacks usually slide, take sacks when they see them coming and throw it out of bounds when faced with good defenses. That doesn't amount to them throwing on the run, DBs making crazy interceptions, or the sacks being the bone breaking kind.

But as much as I hate to admit it, Rodgers in early season big games is probably what will put him in the HoF lol!!!!!! Then there is Manning, who is considered the greatest regular season quarterback of all time. As much as I hate that label, it exists and games like this are the reason why. It's hard to imagine he won't have a single 1 no matter how bad he looks sometimes.

I'm excited about this one because you don't see it very often.

The Denver crowd figures to be a major factor and the Packers aren't used to the mile high air.

But its hard to get to Rodgers...and get a sack or an interception...

The minus-3 is tricky because its so easy to kick a field goal in Denver

I think Green Bay wins 25-16. This will  be a great test for Denver to see how good their D is against a top offense/QB and also just how much offense they can get by with and still be competitive/win.

This is the game of the season so far. So rare to get two undefeated teams from two different conferences this far into the season.

This is basically a toss up, but I'm giving the edge to the Packers. I just don't trust Kubiak and how he has managed Denver lately. As long as he give the ball to Manning, it will be fine, but he hasn't done that in all games. Packers winning in a close one.

I just looked it up and the Packers defense is number one in points allowed. I had no idea they were that good this year. That could really tip the scales in this game.

That has to be skewed by the 49ers game.  That defense isn't that great. 

This is going to be a blowout. Rodgers will shred the Broncos and Manning will once again have a tough time scoring, especially against this Packers defense. Home field means nothing. Packers win 31-13.

Wanna bet! I doubt it. Give me 18 points and you would be broke. Saying the Broncos will lose by 18 then go to Vegas and put 10000 on it and give them 18 and take GB. That is a ridiculous prediction.

I think Denver's is skewed more given the offenses they have faced ...

Lol who brought up Denver?  I know they are skewed as well but you said the Green Bay defense was first in scoring which to me seems very skewed as they have been giving up 20+ points in every game but the 49ers and Rams.  

Just because we bring up one thing doesn't mean you've got to justify whatever else comes to your mind lol...  

Wanna bet! I doubt it. Give me 18 points and you would be broke. Saying the Broncos will lose by 18 then go to Vegas and put 10000 on it and give them 18 and take GB. That is a ridiculous prediction.

I don't need to bet with 18 points, the spread is only green bay -3. I will happily bet you on that though. How about a quote bet? If the Packers win by more than 3, you have to quote what I tell you to about wanting me to replace Grigson as the new GM. If you win and the broncos win or lose by less than 3, I'll quote whatever you want. Loser does it for a month? It's a tie if the Packers win by 3 btw. Deal?

I don't need to bet with 18 points, the spread is only green bay -3. I will happily bet you on that though. How about a quote bet? If the Packers win by more than 3, you have to quote what I tell you to about wanting me to replace Grigson as the new GM. If you win and the broncos win or lose by less than 3, I'll quote whatever you want. Loser does it for a month? It's a tie if the Packers win by 3 btw. Deal?

I actually think Grigson probably needs to go as well so we agree on that. What is your take on Pagano though?

31-13 GB lmao, talking smack then back it up. Go to Vegas and put 10000 on it and tell them you got GB and will give up 18. I don't bet personally but hell that is the most asinine prediction I have ever seen. Good luck with that. Lucky for you if you do bet you only have to give up 3.

There's no way to back it up, Vegas will only let me bet -3 Green Bay. That would be bad betting to give up 18 for $10,000. I'll bet $1,000 on Green Bay -3 just to make some money though.

I actually think Grigson probably needs to go as well so we agree on that. What is your take on Pagano though?

Pagano is worse than Grigson actually IMO. At least Grigson can hit on draft picks, his problem is ignoring positions of need completely. Pagano is ruining the team, and more importantly, ruining Andrew. He can't put together a gameplan and strategize to save his life. For some reason we have collapsed, and even though we aren't the most talented team, it seems like there is no effort, and that's on Grigson. I would fire him after the bye week and as i say in poker "stop the bleeding".

There's no way to back it up, Vegas will only let me bet -3 Green Bay. That would be bad betting to give up 18 for $10,000. I'll bet $1,000 on Green Bay -3 just to make some money though.

I think the game can go either way to be honest. I would stay away from betting on it though. Reason why I said wanna bet, I seen your 31-13 prediction. I do think Denver will win but it will be close.

Pagano is worse than Grigson actually IMO. At least Grigson can hit on draft picks, his problem is ignoring positions of need completely. Pagano is ruining the team, and more importantly, ruining Andrew. He can't put together a gameplan and strategize to save his life. For some reason we have collapsed, and even though we aren't the most talented team, it seems like there is no effort, and that's on Grigson. I would fire him after the bye week and as i say in poker "stop the bleeding".

If we lose this week I think Irsay is going to clean house. Like Miami did. This is the season right here. Fall to 3-5 that is bad.

I think the game can go either way to be honest. I would stay away from betting on it though. Reason why I said wanna bet, I seen your 31-13 prediction. I do think Denver will win but it will be close.

I just don't see Manning doing much of anything. He barely won Vs the raiders and Browns, and wouldn't of if it weren't for defensive scores. I don't see how they keep it close against Aaron rodgers and a solid packers defense. 

If we lose this week I think Irsay is going to clean house. Like Miami did. This is the season right here. Fall to 3-5 that is bad.

Yeah, pretty much. I've been optimistic, but it's hard to be when Luck is the problem. I'd rather have luck be the one saving the team and the defense be lackluster. At least we would have pieces that way and could improve them next draft. I'm literally scared for Luck and what's going to happen this year. Will he improve and get back to normal, or is he permanently damaged goods now? I'm starting to freak out TBH. I just want a new coaching staff.

You want to do the quote bet for fun though, my quote isn't too embarrassing or anything, it's actually quite funny. You can make whatever quote you want up about yourself as it relates to the Colts and I'll quote it as my motto for a month if I lose as well.

You mean make it my signature at the bottom? Saying Grigson needs to go per Jared. You know if I lose that is going to mess up my banners haha. I have my banners + that then that LOL. I'll do that if you signature, 2006 told me so that Peyton would beat GB.

You mean make it my signature at the bottom? Saying Grigson needs to go per Jared. You know if I lose that is going to mess up my banners haha. I have my banners + that then that LOL. I'll do that if you signature, 2006 told me so that Peyton would beat GB.

You have a deal! I'll send you the quote in a PM here in a sec. You will have to erase your sig for a month btw. You'll be able to get it back. I'll write a quote you send me if the opposite happens.

Lol who brought up Denver?  I know they are skewed as well but you said the Green Bay defense was first in scoring which to me seems very skewed as they have been giving up 20+ points in every game but the 49ers and Rams.  

Just because we bring up one thing doesn't mean you've got to justify whatever else comes to your mind lol...  

The thread is about Denver vs GB so naturally that is what I thought you meant.

In terms of points allowed, they are #1 but they have had some good games and some poor games IMO but still they are number one. That actually surprised me. I did not know they were playing that well regardless of their competition.

Denver is #2 in points allowed with 17 and GB is #1 in points allowed with 16.8

The biggest issue is 102 points over 6 games for that 17 ppg average have been allowed by the Broncos, which include 3 pick sixes by Peyton Manning, that is 18 points right there. Nfl.com does not account for that contributing factor. I am surprised they do not.

If you are talking fantasy football terms, in most leagues, D and ST is responsible only for the PAT. So what counts as 21 points against the Broncos' D should be at best 3. If you look at it that way, Broncos' D and ST have given up just 81 points over 6 games if not for the pick sixes.

Hasn't like...every hyped SNF game with the great Peyton Manning been a massive dud since SNF moved to NBC for heck's sake lol! That's not a knock on him. He destroyed SF that time...which made that a total dud.

EDIT: well I forgot the pretty good Lions game this year, but in the minds of many an ugly win against a winless team is a dud. Then there was the Patriots comeback game a couple years ago which needs no explanation.

Hasn't like...every hyped SNF game with the great Peyton Manning been a massive dud since SNF moved to NBC for heck's sake lol! That's not a knock on him. He destroyed SF that time...which made that a total dud.

EDIT: well I forgot the pretty good Lions game this year, but in the minds of many an ugly win against a winless team is a dud. Then there was the Patriots comeback game a couple years ago which needs no explanation.

:facepalm:

The Denver DEFENSE has given up less points than the Packers defense

Yes. if you take out all of Manning's pick sixes than you are right, Denver D has given up less. But again, not really my point. I did not even think GB was in top 5 for least points allowed so I was surprised to see them so high. That bodes well for Rodgers this year if they can keep it up as if he has a great D than they should get back to the Bowl especially if they secure HFA.