Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is wrong with Peyton Manning?

SilentHill

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any time between Jim Mora and Gary Kubiak? I mean do you really think Peyton Manning was ever really listening to what Tony Dungy (or Tom Moore for heck's sake) and John Fox were saying on the sidelines while he was running the offense like he was playing the perfect game of Madden? Or maybe it was during halftime when he used to run the chalkboard if you remember back. He even had his own coaches office in Indy for years.

Any time between Jim Mora and Gary Kubiak? I mean do you really think Peyton Manning was ever really listening to what Tony Dungy and John Fox were saying on the sidelines while he was running the offense like he was playing the perfect game of Madden?

SMH. Then what makes you think he is listening to Kubiak now and then all of a sudden will stop when they lose a game?

SMH. Then what makes you think he is listening to Kubiak now and then all of a sudden will stop when they lose a game?

Fine...he isn't listening. Peyton Manning had his own idea to run an offense the opposite way he had been for 16 years. Now am is right like she is about everything, all the time.

Fine...he isn't listening. Peyton Manning had his own idea to run an offense the opposite way he had been for 16 years. Now am is right like she is about everything, all the time.

That is what I thought. You have no idea what point you are trying to make.

Newsflash- Manning is NOT Favre no matter how much you want him to be.

Any time between Jim Mora and Gary Kubiak? I mean do you really think Peyton Manning was ever really listening to what Tony Dungy (or Tom Moore for heck's sake) and John Fox were saying on the sidelines while he was running the offense like he was playing the perfect game of Madden? Or maybe it was during halftime when he used to run the chalkboard if you remember back. He even had his own coaches office in Indy for years.

My two cents for what it's worth. I think Tom Moore was very instrumental in Peyton's success and believe that Peyton did in fact listen to him.

That is what I thought. You have no idea what point you are trying to make.

Newsflash- Manning is NOT Favre no matter how much you want him to be.

No, I'm just tired of arguing with the good wife. Newsflash - Tom Brady isn't your husband no matter how much you want him to be.

But in any event I'll answer the original question...again...they're undefeated. No matter how ugly it is sometimes, Peyton or anybody else isn't about wince until that changes. We've seen the type of thing before. 2009 Vikings, 1995 Cowboys etc.

No, I'm just tired of arguing with the good wife. Newsflash - Tom Brady isn't your husband no matter how much you want him to be.

But in any event I'll answer the original question...again...they're undefeated. No matter how ugly it is sometimes, Peyton or anybody else isn't about wince until that changes. We've seen the type of thing before. 2009 Vikings, 1995 Cowboys etc.

Again, so Peyton is fine with having the worst offense in the NFL for almost half a season? He will only "wince" when they lose a game? Do you know how absurd that sounds?

Thanks BloodyChamp you gave me my laugh for the day.

Again, so Peyton is fine with having the worst offense in the NFL for almost half a season?

You're just trying to hard. He has the worst offense and the best record. Until whatever they're doing quits yielding nothing but Ws, not much will change.

He will only "wince" when they lose a game? Do you know how absurd that sounds?

Being a team player and falling in line is absurd on a team that has never lost a game?

You're just trying to hard. He has the worst offense and the best record. Until whatever they're doing quits yielding nothing but Ws, not much will change.

Being a team player and falling in line is absurd on a team that has never lost a game?

You believing Manning is anything like Favre is what is absurd. The end of Favre's career was a disgrace. Manning may end not playing well as most old QBs do but he will never behave like Favre no matter the circumstances.

Again, so Peyton is fine with having the worst offense in the NFL for almost half a season? He will only "wince" when they lose a game? Do you know how absurd that sounds?

You read the article that said he left breakfast with the guys when the tv was just repeating all the negative stuff about Peyton. He tunes it out. He isn't that much different than Tom Brady or Brett Favre or any other elite athlete....they want to win. Peyton didn't come back to throw 7 tds in a game....500yds in a game....he has done it all. He is only back to win a SB. Thats why he took the pay cut to bring in extra help and John and Gary both convinced him they could get him back to the SB with this system. So he is trusting in it...trying to get better at it. He is willing to sacrifice his play if they win it all. Of course he wants to play better because doing so would give them a better chance to win...but he isn't going to go out of the system or ignore what the coach is trying to do if they are winning. I think at this point even Kubiak realizes HIS system isn't working too well...and it isn't all Peyton...its a super young OL and some inexperienced runners. It isn't about throwing the ball 40 times a game but rather making the protections for Peyton more efficient.  Its a work in progress to try to take what Peyton does best and the offense does best and put it all together.  Peyton sees that and reitterates it after every game.  I'm not sure he would just tune Kubiak out all together if things started going south but I'm sure Peyton would do what he can for the offense to be successful.

:pkb:  

Are you really going to go here as the ultimate Favre fan boy? I mean here you are on a Colts forum that could care less about Favre or Green Bay and you take every chance possible to try to compare him to Manning even though Manning is no longer the Colts QB. It is sad. I know it is tough for you to watch Manning break all of Favre's records but really that is where the comparison ends. Manning has never been nor will be anything like Favre. Compare their football careers if you like as they are similar in the picks and SB wins and losses but Favre was the one of the most selfish players to ever play. Manning one of the most selfless. Favre was drama 24x7, Manning is focus 24x7.

You read the article that said he left breakfast with the guys when the tv was just repeating all the negative stuff about Peyton. He tunes it out. He isn't that much different than Tom Brady or Brett Favre or any other elite athlete....they want to win. Peyton didn't come back to throw 7 tds in a game....500yds in a game....he has done it all. He is only back to win a SB. Thats why he took the pay cut to bring in extra help and John and Gary both convinced him they could get him back to the SB with this system. So he is trusting in it...trying to get better at it. He is willing to sacrifice his play if they win it all. Of course he wants to play better because doing so would give them a better chance to win...but he isn't going to go out of the system or ignore what the coach is trying to do if they are winning. I think at this point even Kubiak realizes HIS system isn't working too well...and it isn't all Peyton...its a super young OL and some inexperienced runners. It isn't about throwing the ball 40 times a game but rather making the protections for Peyton more efficient.  Its a work in progress to try to take what Peyton does best and the offense does best and put it all together.  Peyton sees that and reitterates it after every game.  I'm not sure he would just tune Kubiak out all together if things started going south but I'm sure Peyton would do what he can for the offense to be successful.

I think you are typing with your heart.   I would love for what you typed to be true.   It may be a little.

I don't think Manning can "turn it on" and be great to win games.    If not for the Denver defense, the Broncos would have 2-3 wins.

Are you really going to go here as the ultimate Favre fan boy? I mean here you are on a Colts forum that could care less about Favre or Green Bay and you take every chance possible to try to compare him to Manning even though Manning is no longer the Colts QB. It is sad. I know it is tough for you to watch Manning break all of Favre's records but really that is where the comparison ends. Manning has never been nor will be anything like Favre. Compare their football careers if you like as they are similar in the picks and SB wins and losses but Favre was the one of the most selfish players to ever play. Manning one of the most selfless. Favre was drama 24x7, Manning is focus 24x7.

Favre and Manning are more similar than many think. Personalities aside sure they are very different....and Favre had the arm and Peyton was more mental...but both carried many many mediocre teams and defenses into the playoffs but often had to get past some great TEAMS like NE/PIT or DAL/SF.  They also defied age and continued to be elite late in their careers.  But I don't think Bret or Peyton played for more records or stats.  I think they both held on to try to win one more lombardi.  Peyton will probably not win another...its a long shot but thats what he is playing for...and thats what kept bringing Brett back as well. They love the game...not unlike a certain fiery qb in NE that often shares the enthusiasm for the game that I remember from a certain gunslinger too.  I like being reminded of Brett..he played with a passion and honestly looked like he was having the most fun of any professional I can ever remember.  I actually wish I'd get to see Peyton have that happiness on the field...he is so serious all the time it drives me nuts lol. The 55 TD season I was so thrilled to see him enjoy himself...at the peak of his ability.  Even the SF game where he broke the record and put on that skit with his teammates...allowing himself to break a smile and enjoy a GAME.  Those are memories far to seldom for me...maybe he will have another one like Tom jumping up and down on the sideline after the Butler pick....or like Brett carrying his receiver on his back running around on the field etc. Regardless we don't have to make everything an arguement or negative...we can choose to look at the positives....I still see some special plays by Peyton....the TD throw to Daniels where he audibled and rolled out....the strike to Sanders at the end of the game the other week ago....its still in there....maybe it will come out more as the season goes along...or just enough to see some in January.

You tried to turn this into a Favre thing as always. That's your old reliable when you get backed into a corner with me like it is with Manning and his fanboys.

I think you are typing with your heart.   I would love for what you typed to be true.   It may be a little.

I don't think Manning can "turn it on" and be great to win games.    If not for the Denver defense, the Broncos would have 2-3 wins.

Oh no doubt I type with my heart when it comes to Peyton sometimes lol. My eyes also tell me he is making poor decisions due to the change in the offense and not being familiar with where everyone will be etc. Its not about turning it on...its about learning and limiting mistakes. I DO think he can do that down the road and while he probably won't be throwing for 300-400 yds consistantly with 3-4tds...he can try to keep the picks down and complete a few more drives for 7 instead of the fgs he has been held to.

You tried to turn this into a Favre thing as always. That's your old reliable when you get backed into a corner with me like it is with Manning and his fanboys.

The first mention of Favre on this thread was by you, post #71:

This is a little off topic but I read some article citing the gameplan as the biggest reason for his problems while acknowledging that he's lost a step. This offense is basically the opposite of a) what Peyton prefers and b) what Peyton does well. Now nobody will admit this but...watch Denver lose a game. Peyton will go so Favre on Kubiak and Elway that Jeff George will wince.   

You even admit at the start of the post that it is "a little off-topic" as it always is when you try to compare Farve to Manning in every thread. But this was your biggest swing and miss.       

The first mention of Favre on this thread was by you, post #71:

This is a little off topic but I read some article citing the gameplan as the biggest reason for his problems while acknowledging that he's lost a step. This offense is basically the opposite of a) what Peyton prefers and b) what Peyton does well. Now nobody will admit this but...watch Denver lose a game. Peyton will go so Favre on Kubiak and Elway that Jeff George will wince.

You even admit at the start of the post that it is "a little off-topic" as it always is when you try to compare Farve to Manning in every thread. But this was your biggest swing and miss.

The off topic part was the article and the different direction it took the typical questions about Manning this year.

I merely referenced Favre (and 1 other former quarterback about the same issue). You purposely tried to turn this into a Favre thing with your desperation comebacks 100 replies later in the discussion.

The off topic part was the article and the different direction it took the typical questions about Manning this year.

I merely referenced Favre (and 1 other former quarterback about the same issue). You purposely tried to turn this into a Favre thing with your desperation comebacks 100 replies later in the discussion.

What article? The OP did not post any article.

I feel the need to intervene here. Bloody Champ never said the OP posted an article. Bloody Champ said he (meaning himself) read, an artcle and then went on to explain the article he read.

I find it so amusing that the :drama: queen of turning each and every thread into a thread about Tom is accusing another fan of another team of doing the same.

Hilarious.

I feel the need to intervene here. Bloody Champ never said th OP posted an article. Bloody Champ said he (meaning himself) read, an artcle and then went on to explain the article he read.

I find it so amusing that the :drama: queen of turning each and every thread into a thread about Tom is accusing another fan of another team of doing the same.

Hilarious.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification Of course it was an article he read and then the first thought was "Favre!"  Let me now go post about it and compare to Manning. So predictable ...

Ah. Thanks for the clarification Of course it was an article he read and then the first thought was "Favre!" Let me now go post about it and compare to Manning. So predictable ...

The funny thing is you are the biggest hypocrite. You do the very thing you are accusing him off doing all the time. For more years than I care to remember

The funny thing is you are the biggest hypocrite. You do the very thing you are accusing him off doing all the time. For more years than I care to remember

But I have learned my ways jvan. And at least there is an actual rivalry between Brady and Manning to discuss that I often just joined on many threads.

This favre thing is a big stretch. The guy does not even belong on the same planet as Manning. Surely you agree, no?

But I have learned my ways jvan. And at least there is an actual rivalry between Brady and Manning to discuss that I often just joined on many threads.

This favre thing is a big stretch. The guy does not even belong on the same planet as Manning. Surely you agree, no?

I disagree....and I am the self proclaimed biggest fan of Peyton's you know.

I understand the comparisons BC is making. Not many QBs have longevity like Peyton and Brett.

I think they certainly have/had different playing styles but their love of the game and their intensity and desire to get that one last ring are very similar.

My biggest pet peeve with Brett was the retiring, no not retiring, back and forth, but I have to admit dome of the most exciting games I watched involved him ad QB. I will never forget the sheer willpower and determination in the game immediately following the death of his father. I cried watching that game.