Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I appreciate this organization staff

bap1331

It performed very well today minus the mistakes. And it all wouldnt have been possible without Grigson and Pagano.

Any other GM would probably would have passed on Luck and we would have Peyton as the QB today. Nobody would take a risk like that. Or be talented enough to pick up players like TY Hilton, Mike Adams, Lowery, Henry Anderson, Vontae Davis, Griff Whalen, Jerrell Freeman, Langford, and so on.

All these guys were nobodies before coming to the Colts. They werent top prospects coming out of college nor 1st round picks in the draft. Now they are somebody because Grigson picked them up and Pagano molded them.

As a matter of fact, look at Vontae Davis profile prior to the draft:

Not a natural playmaker. Inconsistent hands for the interception. Doesn't fight through blocks with the physicality in which he comes up to tackle. Best in off-man and zone coverage where he can watch the action, plant and drive to the ball. Faster in shorts than on the field. Peeks back at the quarterback and savvy route-runners can beat him with double moves. Was benched in 2008 by coach Ron Zook, creating questions about his work ethic. Concerns that Vontae, like his brother, Vernon Davis, may lack the drive to turn his unique athleticism into NFL success.

If it werent for Grigson, Vontae would probably have a regular 9-5 job. Grigson saw something in him and was able to pull the trigger. He helped us tremendously today and saw Brady avoiding Vontaes direction most of all game today.

Why would you want to start all over again, take a hit and miss with a new GM and a new coach? When we already built the talent. Where are the Niners this year with a new coaching staff? Peyton is one of the best of all time and cant get his offense going under Kubiaks offense. We play with what we have and if we almost stopped Brady, cant imagine what more we can do when we improve every week. Tired of these "FIRE" threads. Just my 2 cents.

Were not gonna go with who to blame or what shouldve happened. Its on to the next team!

Tell me where Pep went wrong today? I dont think it was his fault the Patriots D got to Luck for their sacks.

first half was pretty good. Second half same old same old. Long passes with no one open, stop handing the ball off to a RB that was really on fire. I like Grigson I like chuck I'm okay with manusky but I really think we'd have more success with a better oc

Tell me where Pep went wrong today? I dont think it was his fault the Patriots D got to Luck for their sacks.

Yes it is. They didn't touch him in the first half...... gee I wonder why? Quick passes & running plays

All that disappeared in the 2nd half

But keep thinking Pep is good, to each their own my friend

50 yd bombs every play in the 2nd half tend to do that. And where did the run game go?

that was lucks decision to go with the 50 yard bombs. Not Peps. There were plenty of situations where i saw other WR open at short routes. Not everything is Peps fault.

Pep called a good game today. He utilized the play action, and roll-outs, and short crossing routes. He used bunch formations, motions, and stack formations to get the receivers open. He called a good game.

Luck had a decent game ( a good game back from missing the past 2 games) but he was rusty. He threw a few passes too short and quite a few too high. The high passes were on 3rd down and caused drives to stall out. Luck also started to look deep and there were plenty of times where the shorter passes were open but he elected to throw deep.

Pep called a good game today. He utilized the play action, and roll-outs, and short crossing routes. He used bunch formations, motions, and stack formations to get the receivers open. He called a good game.

Luck had a decent game ( a good game back from missing the past 2 games) but he was rusty. He threw a few passes too short and quite a few too high. The high passes were on 3rd down and caused drives to stall out. Luck also started to look deep and there were plenty of times where the shorter passes were open but he elected to throw deep.

Thank you! I kept forgetting that Luck was going to be rusty after missing 2 weeks.

Any GM would have chosen Luck.

It was Peyton who should be thankful he was released....  he did go to a Superbowl (even though they lost)...

Not sure he could have taken this Colts team to a superbowl.

This organization needs to put peices around Andrew.

They beat us 34-27, Thank God it wasn't 60-0 like Tommy's dad wanted. We actually had the lead at Half. Only losing by 7 and making the Final 4 last year isn't the end of the world. Andrew looked sharp tonight.

and to think he wasnt in full form with a new style of play with no mistakes. We are in for a treat especially when Ahmad Bradshaw starts to clique and the defense will only get better.

Honestly tonight was the straw the broke the camels back for me.  This organization has shown it is just bad.  Rumblings of Tyranny from the GM and a coaching staff that honestly comes out with bright innovative ways to lose every single game.  And Luck isn't the next Peyton Manning.  He isn't even close.  He may one day hope to be as good as Farve or Brees but he is no where near Manning. 

This Organization needs a GM who will let a HC do his job and make his own coaching staff.  Then said GM needs a HC who doesn't have an inferiority complex against competent coaches and try to take unnecessary risks against quality opponents, and that said HC needs a QB coach who actually coach Luck and not crown him as the next great QB because he has soooo much to learn that it is laughable. I'll remind everyone that Luck is in his 4th year and still over throws players by about 3-5 feet.   He also stares down receivers to the 1000th degree.  He also has apparently forgotten how to reset his feet if he moves from the pocket.  All while having the worst possible habit of always wanting the big play.  It's like watching the Arian's big Ben but with way worse accuracy issues.  

*edit* oh and a much better oline than the Arian's Ben had as well.  

Any GM would have chosen Luck.

It was Peyton who should be thankful he was released....  he did go to a Superbowl (even though they lost)...

Not sure he could have taken this Colts team to a superbowl.

This organization needs to put peices around Andrew.

Not when you have one of the best QBs in the NFL. Its easy to say Luck was a no brainer now that we seen him perform. But at that time he couldve been the next Ryan Leaf. And no new GM starts their job with the worst decision in the history of sports.

Because he wasn't down by 2 scores in the first half and he didn't have to look for a big play to get the team back in the game?

well i mean yea. We panicked thinking that Brady would score on every TD drive. We shouldve had more faith and played it out more evenly instead of Luck getting desperate for a bomb throw.

Thats where Belichick easily knew to adjust the defense to passing plays.

Honestly tonight was the straw the broke the camels back for me.  This organization has shown it is just bad.  Rumblings of Tyranny from the GM and a coaching staff that honestly comes out with bright innovative ways to lose every single game.  And Luck isn't the next Peyton Manning.  He isn't even close.  He may one day hope to be as good as Farve or Brees but he is no where near Manning. 

This Organization needs a GM who will let a HC do his job and make his own coaching staff.  Then said GM needs a HC who doesn't have an inferiority complex against competent coaches and try to take unnecessary risks against quality opponents, and that said HC needs a QB coach who actually coach Luck and not crown him as the next great QB because he has soooo much to learn that it is laughable. I'll remind everyone that Luck is in his 4th year and still over throws players by about 3-5 feet.   He also stares down receivers to the 1000th degree.  He also has apparently forgotten how to reset his feet if he moves from the pocket.  All while having the worst possible habit of always wanting the big play.  It's like watching the Arian's big Ben but with way worse accuracy issues.  

NO GM is going to just let the coach do their job. That is the conflict. Why do you think Belicheck is both? Having a GM is like having that manager watch over your shoulder at the office.

They want to feel powerful but dont know a dang thing about how to be an owner.  They are very limited in terms of leadership and lean on politics in the workforce.

We will be fine with Grigson and Pagano as long as the fans and the media dont pressure them. Because people have that power. A loss of faith in fans is a loss of money for the organization. Fewer sales for games, merchandise, etc.

NO GM is going to just let the coach do their job. That is the conflict. Why do you think Belicheck is both? Having a GM is like having that manager watch over your shoulder at the office.

They want to feel powerful but dont know a dang thing about how to be an owner.  They are very limited in terms of leadership and lean on politics in the workforce.

We will be fine.

Lol I have no doubt "we will be fine".  We play in the worse division in football. But let me remind you Luck has thrown as many interceptions as Matt Stafford who was benched last week for DAN ORLOVSKY. Again someone who benefits from playing in the worst division in football. 

I'll let that sink in...

So yea we will make the playoffs to be embarrassed by the Pats or Steelers again (probably beating the Bengals or Broncos again) and go back to square one next year.  It is literally the Manning era all over again lolol

Lol I have no doubt "we will be fine". We play in the worse division in football. But let me remind you Luck has thrown as many interceptions as Matt Stafford who was benched last week for DAN ORLOVSKY. Again someone who benefits from playing in the worst division in football.

I'll let that sink in...

So yea we will make the playoffs to be embarrassed by the Pats or Steelers again (probably beating the Bengals or Broncos again) and go back to square one next year. It is literally the Manning era all over again lolol

sure as hell is the manning era over again and it's ridiculous

Not when you have one of the best QBs in the NFL. Its easy to say Luck was a no brainer now that we seen him perform. But at that time he couldve been the next Ryan Leaf. And no new GM starts their job with the worst decision in the history of sports.

Peyton also was in his late 30's and just missed a year with a bunch of career threatening neck surgeries. He also would have taken up most of the cap and at that time we were just a wild card team. Have you forgotten any of this??

Bayless will have a field day with this tomorrow.  UGH, hide your children, the things that are going to come out of that man's mouth.  Maybe Steven A. will have to put a sock in it.

Field day for what? Luck didnt make any mistakes. He will have a field day on the weird formation though.

He will take shots at Luck, play calling, O-line, and anything else to prop up his agenda.

I'm probably the biggest Simmons and Skip hater there is. Just don't listen. I'm lucky though, Howard stern in the morning and Mike francesa in the afternoon, you should check out WFAN at 1 pm every day

Lol I have no doubt "we will be fine".  We play in the worse division in football. But let me remind you Luck has thrown as many interceptions as Matt Stafford who was benched last week for DAN ORLOVSKY. Again someone who benefits from playing in the worst division in football. 

I'll let that sink in...

So yea we will make the playoffs to be embarrassed by the Pats or Steelers again (probably beating the Bengals or Broncos again) and go back to square one next year.  It is literally the Manning era all over again lolol

Play in the worst division in football but still have the potential to beat the best team in the league. What is your point? We proved it today that we have that potential if we dont make mistakes.

NO division game is a close game. Because there is much more chemistry between the teams facing each other twice a year. So even if it is against the Texans, Jaguars, or Titans. They will put up a good fight because they know us very well.

If you compare the AFC South to the AFC East. The AFC South is less prone to making mistakes all game. We usually play it out til the 4th quarter but the Bills, Dolphins and Jets are done when they begin.

Peyton also was in his late 30's and just missed a year with a bunch of career threatening neck surgeries. He also would have taken up most of the cap and at that time we were just a wild card team. Have you forgotten any of this??

Well, im a Colts fan. Thats all i can say. I stick with this current staff because we did a hec of a job today and Grigson had nothing to do with todays loss. Pagano made one mistake all game and all of a sudden Colts fans want him hanged. We came a touchdown close and had we lost 62-7, I would agree with you. But we are closer than ever under Lucks reign which shows we are not far away from achieving where we want to go.

Play in the worst division in football but still have the potential to beat the best team in the league. What is your point? We proved it today that we have that potential if we dont make mistakes.

NO division game is a close game. Because there is much more chemistry between the teams facing each other twice a year. So even if it is against the Texans, Jaguars, or Titans. They will put up a good fight because they know us very well.

If you compare the AFC South to the AFC East. The AFC South is less prone to making mistakes all game. We usually play it out til the 4th quarter but the Bills, Dolphins and Jets are done when they begin.

We didn't prove anything today lol... The Patriots literally sat back and watched us beat ourselves.  If they continue throwing to Gronk the score is easily 50+ with Luck most likely throwing 2 pick sixes. 

I literally have no clue what you are talking about with the Bills, Dolphins and Jets because unlike our division there is one there that is undefeated and another who actually beat us (which btw is something our division can't seem to do).  Lol..

Honestly tonight was the straw the broke the camels back for me. This organization has shown it is just bad. Rumblings of Tyranny from the GM and a coaching staff that honestly comes out with bright innovative ways to lose every single game. And Luck isn't the next Peyton Manning. He isn't even close. He may one day hope to be as good as Farve or Brees but he is no where near Manning.

This Organization needs a GM who will let a HC do his job and make his own coaching staff. Then said GM needs a HC who doesn't have an inferiority complex against competent coaches and try to take unnecessary risks against quality opponents, and that said HC needs a QB coach who actually coach Luck and not crown him as the next great QB because he has soooo much to learn that it is laughable. I'll remind everyone that Luck is in his 4th year and still over throws players by about 3-5 feet. He also stares down receivers to the 1000th degree. He also has apparently forgotten how to reset his feet if he moves from the pocket. All while having the worst possible habit of always wanting the big play. It's like watching the Arian's big Ben but with way worse accuracy issues.

Ladies and gentlemen I introduce you to Skip Bayless!!!!

Great to have you here!

Well, im a Colts fan. Thats all i can say. I stick with this current staff because we did a hec of a job today and Grigson had nothing to do with todays loss. Pagano made one mistake all game and all of a sudden Colts fans want him hanged. We came a touchdown close and had we lost 62-7, I would agree with you. But we are closer than ever under Lucks reign which shows we are not far away from achieving where we want to go.

All wrong. It's not one play people want him fired for. It's years of this. Luck was on his best team two years ago, and more likely than not this team won't reach the playoff level that it did last year so I would not say Luck is closer than ever. We've had successes IN SPITE of this coaching regime, not because of it. And it was such a garbage time TD you can barely call it a close loss.

Field day for what? Luck didnt make any mistakes. He will have a field day on the weird formation though.

Didn't make any mistakes? What game were you watching? I love Luck but he was not very good in the 2nd half other than our final drive. He over threw 3 or 4 passes and the pats dropped 3 or 4 interceptions in the 2nd half too. That said he played pretty well for a guy with a banged up shoulder, but he absolutely did make mistakes.