Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (- 4 1/2) @ Cleveland (10-18-15)

oldunclemark

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

They're going to run into teams like GB and NE that down right destroy them.

This is bad teams they're struggling with. If it weren't for the defense scoring that touchdown early on with the pick 6, this game is probably a loss. Can't believe Cleveland couldn't pull this out after getting the pick in Overtime.

Denver struggling with bad teams is very alarming. Something is seriously wrong with this team.

What now?

Says the guy who doesn't use a single stat to back a darn thing up.

Show me how Peyton's ability and stats are a positive thing. Heck, show me how they're better than Mark Sanchez or someone else mediocre to awful.

When did stats become so important for you?. When he is over 400 yards, he is padding stats and now you wAnt to talk stats?.

Here is a stat for you.

7-0

Ah, so after one good game against a poor defense, and he's great.

He definitely had ONE great game.

Out of 7.

After two weeks off.

Yep, he's fully back.

You realize that the Packers defense statistically gave up the least amount of points per game heading into last night right? Packers also had a bye week too... But go ahead and keep trying to nit pick. Manning made plenty of throws that many said he could not (mainly because of offensive line protection and timing issues).

Ah, so after one good game against a poor defense, and he's great.

He definitely had ONE great game.

Out of 7.

After two weeks off.

Yep, he's fully back.

The Packers were/are one of the better scoring defenses in the league.  They're also one of the better defenses in terms of sacks. The Packers were also coming off a bye.  Good effort, though!

83 yards at halftime. And GBs secondary left guys wide open .

Curtis Painter could have hit those guys, they were that wide open .

"Those guys were so wide open, Brady could have hit them with a fully inflated football without any previous signal-stealing videos!!!111!oneone!!"  Peyton had more than 83 passing yards after the first quarter.  What are you talking about "at halftime"?  Did you even watch the game?

Colt fans for 14 years have told me stats. Hence why they would say that Peyton was better than Brady.

Yet Brady owns Peyton in wins. In every way imaginable.

Not trying to create a Peyton vs. Brady thread, but since you asked for it...

Peyton has more wins as a starting QB, 19 more than Brady. 

Peyton has more passing yards than Brady.

Peyton has more TDs than Brady. 

Peyton has more MVP awards.

Peyton has more Pro Bowls.

Peyton has more First Team All Pros.

Peyton has more Second Team All Pros.

Peyton has the single season TD record.

Peyton has the single season yards record.

Peyton has more single season passing yards leader awards.

Peyton has more single season TD passes awards.

Peyton also doesn't have any questions about the legitimacy of any of his accomplishments.

Peyton isn't known for being a diva, but is rather known for being exceptionally classy.

Also, did you see how a defender hit Peyton in the knees after one of his throws (I think it was first quarter)?  You probably didn't, given that your posts suggest you didn't even watch the game, but Peyton simply walked off the field.  Unlike Brady, he doesn't whine and complain for calls from the refs.  He also took a hit from Clay Matthews on a handoff when he didn't have the ball and didn't look for any flags.  I'm very confident that Brady would have gone full diva mode and looked for flags, even though it was a completely legal hit by Matthews.

Not trying to create a Peyton vs. Brady thread, but since you asked for it...

Peyton has more wins as a starting QB, 19 more than Brady. 

Peyton has more passing yards than Brady.

Peyton has more TDs than Brady. 

Peyton also doesn't have any questions about the legitimacy of any of his accomplishments.

Peyton isn't known for being a diva, but is rather known for being exceptionally classy.

Also, did you see how a defender hit Peyton in the knees after one of his throws (I think it was first quarter)?  You probably didn't, given that your posts suggest you didn't even watch the game, but Peyton simply walked off the field.  Unlike Brady, he doesn't whine and complain for calls from the refs.  He also took a hit from Clay Matthews on a handoff when he didn't have the ball and didn't look for any flags.  I'm very confident that Brady would have gone full diva mode and looked for flags, even though it was a completely legal hit by Matthews.

And you are being modest

Amusing.

Brady has a higher winning percentage.

Brady owns Manning head-to-head.

And yes, I was wrong about Peyton's passing yards at halftime; he did have a great game. As I said.

I love it how you all ignore the SIX other games when he was relatively awful.

But hey, you all now want to say that winning is al that counts.

And that certainly makes Brady > Manning.

But we already knew that.

Amusing.

And yes, I was wrong about Peyton's passing yards at halftime; he did have a great game. As I said.

Whats the most important game in AFC and who owns it?.

Amusing.

It's so difficult to have a discussion with someone when they don't bother to even read what you wrote or understand the context of the discussion....

You claimed he had a great game with several qualifiers, including an apparently awful Green Bay defense.  Was he bad in the first 6 games?  Yes.  But let's look at the context.  The offense looks very different now.  He seems much more comfortable in it.  If you run one offense for 17 years, then suddenly have to change it in your 18th year, there will undoubtedly be some adjustment pains.  But he looked very comfortable last night, suggesting he's getting the hang of the offense.

Also, you can say winning makes Brady > Manning, but then we'd be looking at Brady's wins* compared to Peyton's wins.  Furthermore, there's no doubt that Brady has had the better teams throughout his career.  Brady has had superior coaching and defenses whereas Peyton has been masking the deficiencies his teams have had.