Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (- 4 1/2) @ Cleveland (10-18-15)

oldunclemark

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just takes too long for the ball to get "where it needs to be." Hence all the short passing and INT's. It's really simple to say "he has plenty of arm strength." The ball wobbles , flutters and floats. Can he still be an effective QB ? IMO, he's still Peyton Manning , so yeah he can throw to a spot and hit it . He can recognize the weak spots in a defense . But to say he has plenty of arm strength is just not the case.

there is no question he can still be an effective QB because they're 6-0..

You're not watching closely..His arm strength is what it was the last 3 years,,

He is consisetntly I 3rd and 7, 3rd and 8 because they cant run and ..he doenst know where some of his receivers are going so his footwork is bad..

A pass to Jordan Norwood today was a perfect example...Norwood was in a holoe in the zone but he kept running...

Peyton threw the ball, into the ground behind him,...but it was probably Norwood's fault because he didn't recognize that he was

open and simply stop.

the more they play together, the less often this will happen....

To Brady looked just like this early last season

Horrible comparison.

Brady always had an arm, even last year.

Peyton doesn't. Sander got hurt because Peyton under threw that ball.

But the talk was the same..VL....'He's done'...He isn't 'on the same page' with his WRs..Remember

But he worked it out and Peyton, if they can keep him healthy, will too

No 1-5 with Denver's defense.  They would be wining impressively with a half decent offense and a QB who didn't throw INTs.  How many pick-6 has Manning thrown this season?

The defense has certainly bailed the offense out. I dont think that is a sustainable formula for success. At some poimt the offense has to do a better job. You cant count on the other teams ineptitude every week.

Broncos are the best team in the AFC, it is because of their Defense But..... Peyton is older so he is not wearing himself out and is just experimenting. They have the Best Defense and Peyton is still capable of beating anyone. He just wants to be healthy in the Playoffs. If the Broncos don't go at least 12-4 I would be shocked.

50% completion percentage.

More INTs than TDs.

Anyone else, and Colt fans would be ripping the QB.

You posts have not demonstrated that you know what accuracy is.

Says the guy who doesn't use a single stat to back a darn thing up.

Show me how Peyton's ability and stats are a positive thing. Heck, show me how they're better than Mark Sanchez or someone else mediocre to awful.

there is no question he can still be an effective QB because they're 6-0..

You're not watching closely..His arm strength is what it was the last 3 years,,

He is consisetntly I 3rd and 7, 3rd and 8 because they cant run and ..he doenst know where some of his receivers are going so his footwork is bad..

A pass to Jordan Norwood today was a perfect example...Norwood was in a holoe in the zone but he kept running...

Peyton threw the ball, into the ground behind him,...but it was probably Norwood's fault because he didn't recognize that he was

open and simply stop.

the more they play together, the less often this will happen....

To Brady looked just like this early last season

I'm watching very closely. His arm is what it was award the end of last year. Weak... You guys can say he has plenty of arm strength till the cows come home. He does not. No doubt that they are not executing the offense very well and many of today's miscues were not on PM. But fact remains he has no arm left. 

Show me how Peyton's ability and stats are a positive thing. Heck, show me how they're better than Mark Sanchez or someone else mediocre to awful.

You want me to use stats to back up my statement that your posts have not demonstrated that you know what accuracy is?

Sorry, I have zero desire to go back over all of your erroneous posts.

Let's just go with one of your more recent incorrect posts. The one where you stated that the Colts ran, and still do run, pick plays all the time. Completely inaccurate, I wish it were true but unfortunately not.

Horrible comparison.

I don't like Tom Brady . I don't like you. I still like Peyton Manning very much and wish him the best.

That said I will grudgingly say you are correct when comparing Brady and Manning arm strength.

For you folks that think Green Bay will win in MileHigh, good luck with that. Peyton has a bye week too. Denver will win that game too. Rodgers hasn't faced a Defense like that yet. Peyton is pacing himself.

I think you're right...He's not voluntarily pacing himself...

Elway and Kubiak are having him sit out a day a week...sacrificing efficiency now for strength and health in January.

As much as I don't like the offense...the goal was to get to the bye 6-0 with a new offense and they did..

Cincy, NE and Green Bay all have to come to Denver and that's a problem..

If the Broncos can get the 1 or 2 seed.....with Peyton OK? They've obviously got a shot to win it all

I think you're right...He's not voluntarily pacing himself...

Elway and Kubiak are having him sit out a day a week...sacrificing efficiency now for strength and health in January.

As much as I don't like the offense...the goal was to get to the bye 6-0 with a new offense and they did..

Cincy, NE and Green Bay all have to come to Denver and that's a problem..

If the Broncos can get the 1 or 2 seed.....with Peyton OK? They've obviously got a shot to win it all

It's going to really get interesting after we beat the Pats tonight.

Horrible comparison.

My point was that it's early, not that the situations are the same.  People said Brady was toast really early on, but he showed that he was/is far from done.  Peyton still has a lot of time to do the same, provided Kubiak unchains him

I don't like Tom Brady . I don't like you. I still like Peyton Manning very much and wish him the best.

That said I will grudgingly say you are correct when comparing Brady and Manning arm strength.

What is tough is this team was built in the off-season to run Kubes offense. Elway had Manning's buy in for that. Then in week 2, Manning scraps it, understandably because it was oil to his water. Now they are running this Indy hybrid. Honestly, they are in no man's land with this offense. They have the bye but not sure what they can do to fix with Manning as the QB. What do you think? Do they just hope and pray the defense stays good enough to carry the day? I can't believe Elway is Ok with this.

Right now Manning is leading the league in interceptions. He was 30 ranked passer coming into this game.

What is tough is this team was built in the off-season to run Kubes offense. Elway had Manning's buy in for that. Then in week 2, Manning scraps it, understandably because it was oil to his water. Now they are running this Indy hybrid. Honestly, they are in no man's land with this offense. They have the bye but not sure what they can do to fix with Manning as the QB. What do you think? Do they just hope and pray the defense stays good enough to carry the day? I can't believe Elway is Ok with this.

Tough one to comment on as they seem to have very little running game. They did protect Manning very well , which is good going forward , but makes PM look all that much less daunting. I do agree with those that say his receivers let him down today but how about the fact that Cleveland played without their two best DB's ? 

Tough one to comment on as they seem to have very little running game. They did protect Manning very well , which is good going forward , but makes PM look all that much less daunting. I do agree with those that say his receivers let him down today but how about the fact that Cleveland played without their two best DB's ? 

Yeah, these are not good teams that they are struggling against. It is to the point now that you almost want to see the Denver D on the field and not the O to blow it. It is strange. Credit to them for finding a way to get to 6-0 but one TD in 30 offensive possessions and all the turn overs is a recipe for disaster against the better teams that are coming up.

The defense has certainly bailed the offense out. I dont think that is a sustainable formula for success. At some poimt the offense has to do a better job. You cant count on the other teams ineptitude every week.

Kind of ironic, that Manning is the weak link on a team with a #1 defense. All those years his appologists complained about him needing to bail out the Colts weak defense.  Now the Broncos' defense is the only reason that Peyton is not sitting on the bench like RG 3-13.