Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts will face Ryan Mallet Thursday Night (Merge)

TKnight24

I'm hoping Pagano has us prepared for this Thursday nighter against the Texans.  Those guys are going to pull out all the stops they can to avoid going 1-4. I'm hoping we've finally realized what our direction is with this offense and we have a coming out party. It's time to get the machine rolling already!  If we can just drop 30 plus in this game and be sharp I'll feel really good about where we are headed as a team offensively.  Need to be agressive and sharp!   Also want to see us get back to our blitz game in this one with Davis and Toler playing together, along with an improvement of our 4 man pressures.    Defense needs to generate more turnovers!

At this point the team should be settling into the season and should be done with the pre-season hype that clearly effected them.  I hope that no one needs to remind Pep that Andrew has to get that ball out of his hands.  He needs to take a page from Brady and Manning and take a sack rather than tale a hit to that shoulder.  The OL has to pay attention to detail - no missed assignments, no one runs unabated to the QB.

I would expect that with Toler and Davis on the outside and being able to move Butler back to the inside that Manusky can dial up more blitzes.  Mallet will give the ball up if we can get pressure on him, he's got little mobility  

I don't understand why everyone thinks we are going to go into Houston and win easily. It is not going to an easy victory. It never is in Houston. They are 3-2 vs us in the last 5 games at home. We have won two straight it by a whopping 8 combined points.

This will be a hard fought game. They have Foster back on a full work load and last I heard the Hammer was in a walking boot.  I think it is a lot to ask for a 40 year old QB to turn around on short notice and pull another one  and he is out on the road this time. 

This is the NFL you don't rest players that are physically able to play. If the Doctors say he can go Andrew will be out there. In fact I am pretty confident he will play.

I don't understand why everyone thinks we are going to go into Houston and win easily. It is not going to an easy victory. It never is in Houston. They are 3-2 vs us in the last 5 games at home. We have won two straight it by a whopping 8 combined points.

This will be a hard fought game. They have Foster back on a full work load and last I heard the Hammer was in a walking boot. I think it is a lot to ask for a 40 year old QB to turn around on short notice and pull another one and he is out on the road this time.

This is the NFL you don't rest players that are physically able to play. If the Doctors say he can go Andrew will be out there. In fact I am pretty confident he will play.

Cause they still think this team is better than what they've shown for some reason

I think we need to blitz Mallet more often forcing him to make bad decisions rolling the safety towards DeAndre Hopkins. We cannot sit back and play zone against a strong armed QB, we will make it easy for him. Also, I would like us to start Josh Thomas opposite Vontae Davis and keep Butler in the slot.

On offense, Hasselback has to take his shots on skinny posts every now and then because I am not sold on the Texans' secondary but for the most part, our WRs should get separation (unless it is AJ) and be able to run safe comebacks and slants, same goes for TEs as well. I feel Hasselback will have a better game than people think he will.

O' Brien showed me he was smarter than I thought he was, he brought Brian Hoyer in to save the day. I could tell the team rallies behind Hoyer rather than a pouting Ryan Mallet who has a million dollar arm and a tiny inflated head.