Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers at Ravens - TNF

amfootball

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... what a crazy game.

Steelers gave it away, poor play calling, Scobee missing two FG's what a dissappointment.

How is it poor play calling? Vick can't even make a routine throw and Bell can only carry it so much lol. The kicker left like 12 off the board literally all his fault.

What a dumb butt call by Tomlin.

I don't understand how play calling or Tomlin can be blamed... the kicker was trash and you have a QB who can't throw a 2 yard out... it was amazing coaching that they were even in a position to win the game lol.

I don't understand how play calling or Tomlin can be blamed... the kicker was trash and you have a QB who can't throw a 2 yard out... it was amazing coaching that they were even in a position to win the game lol.

(All of this is my opinion)

1. That first 4th down call, the run to thebleft by vick. Ridiculous, he hung the poor guy out to dry.

2. You have to trust your vertan kicker in that scenario, otherwise cut him immediately.

I would've kicked it too but I can see why he would also maybe go for it after the 2 misses. That was a choke by the Steelers though in regulation play actually.

If it were up to me and I went for it I would have ran bell there. I think he'd have had a better shot getting those two yards than Vick.

(All of this is my opinion)

1. That first 4th down call, the run to thebleft by vick. Ridiculous, he hung the poor guy out to dry.

2. You have to trust your vertan kicker in that scenario, otherwise cut him immediately.

4th down call was a bad one, but they wouldn't have even been there if the kicker makes 2 FG'S in regulation.

They should cut him. He hasn't made a single one (well maybe one) over 40 this season. I would not have had any faith in him either, he misses when there's no weather what makes you think he can make a 50 yarder at Heinz?

If it were up to me and I went for it I would have ran bell there. I think he'd have had a better shot getting those two yards than Vick.

I definitely would've gave it to Bell if I had chose to go for it so I agree there. I would've kicked it though. The chances of him missing 3 straight are slim. It would've been from 50 so I guess that is iffy but I still would've kicked it.

Lucky win. Still a disappointing 1-3. Thank god for Scooby Dooby Doo !

Yeah 1-3 is still bad. Had the Colts lost last week, in my mind that would've showed me the season was pretty much over. Starting 0-3 is a huge hole to dig out of. I am assuming you are a Ravens fan? The Problem you guys have is you are in Cincy's Division and they are 3-0 and already have a win over the Ravens.

I definitely would've gave it to Bell if I had chose to go for it so I agree there. I would've kicked it though. The chances of him missing 3 straight are slim. It would've been from 50 so I guess that is iffy but I still would've kicked it.

Yup they should have kicked it. Even if Scobee missed it the field position would have been the same either way.

I only stayed up to watch the first half last night but wow, what and ending!  Looks like there are plenty of bad coaching calls to discuss again. Why didn't the Steelers hand to Bell on fourth and short and third and short? He had a great night rushing for over 100 yards.  They also need to think about replacing Scobee which stinks as they gave up a pick for him but he missed two FGs under 45 yards vs the Pats that were crucial early in the game and now this debacle. Heinz field is hard to kick in because of the wind and he said as much after the game but not sure how Tomlin can go forward with him.

In terms of the AFC, this game had big effects on the playoff picture. Had the Steelers won they bury the Ravens at 0-4 but now the Ravens are 1-3 with games vs the Browns and San Fran next while the Steelers have the Chargers and the Cards. So in two weeks the Ravens could be 3-3 while the Steelers drop to 2-4. What a swing!  Also the Steelers play a first place schedule while the Ravens play a third place schedule which means the Steelers get the Pats (already a loss) and the Colts while the Ravens get Miami and the Jags. That is huge as well.

I would imagine the team that is most happy today is the Bengals. They sit a top undefeated with a win already over the Ravens and their closest rivals a couple of games back.