Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

player talent on offense

OLD FAN MAN

imo we have enough player talent on offense to be a top 5. we could not make it work against the bills, while the pats today had no trouble scoring points against the same team. this leads me to believe our offensive coach is not good enough to take us to the playoffs. anyone agree or disagree? it all goes back to the man at the top , grigs! he is responsible for the players as well as the coaches, it all comes back to him. thoughts?

imo we have enough player talent on offense to be a top 5. we could not make it work against the bills, while the pats today had no trouble scoring points against the same team. this leads me to believe our offensive coach is not good enough to take us to the playoffs. anyone agree or disagree? it all goes back to the man at the top , grigs! he is responsible for the players as well as the coaches, it all comes back to him. thoughts?

"This leads me to believe that the offensive coach at the top is not good enough to take us to the playoffs"

Those are YOUR words.

Except that the person at the top is Pep Hamilton.   And he's been the Colts OC for the last two years.   And both years we went to the playoffs and went further in the playoffs than the year before.

So,  your words have pretty much been proven to be wrong.

I don't need to offer you my opinion.    I proved my point with..........     facts.

Dude. We should be the best offense in the NFL. Not just top 5. We have a top 5 QB in Luck who's just truly entering his prime. We have Gore at RB, who is still a beast and can give us a 1,000 yard season. We have 2 really, really good, starting caliber TE's. We have 4 really good WR's, one of which is a top receiver in the league. 2 of them are young, up and coming receivers who could both be stars. We have the most talent in the league on offense.

:facepalm:

I know you're a troll but this is so dumb.

Dude. We should be the best offense in the NFL. Not just top 5. We have a top 5 QB in Luck who's just truly entering his prime. We have Gore at RB, who is still a beast and can give us a 1,000 yard season. We have 2 really, really good, starting caliber TE's. We have 4 really good WR's, one of which is a top receiver in the league. 2 of them are young, up and coming receivers who could both be stars. We have the most talent in the league on offense.

And yet we have a horrible Offensive Line...  That's our glaring weakness on offense that will keep us from winning a Superbowl.

Stopped reading when you said not making the playoffs like we don't play in the worst division in the NFL

And yet we have a horrible Offensive Line...  That's our glaring weakness on offense that will keep us from winning a Superbowl.

That's a good point. But I have hope that our line will perform well enough this year to take us to the Super Bowl. Really if we put Reitz at LG our line may be OK. But could you imagine Andrew Luck with an O-Line like the Cowboys?

Football 101: Exploit the other teams weakness.....Which for Buffalo is 2 things...1.Coverage Linebackers and 2.A consistently good QB that can pick defenses apart from the pocket. We did not throw to our TE's nearly enough to test the Linebackers in coverage and we allowed Taylor to break run contain. The Patriots O Line gave up 1 less hit and 1 less sack on Brady then what we gave up last week.....That's with the throw away passes Brady executed in the game and going to the Patriots TE's and RB's a lot more then Luck went to Colt TE's or RB's

Brady threw 18 passes combined to Gronk and Chandler....Luck threw 7 to Coby and Allen combined

Brady also threw 11 passes total to RB's (Lewis-9, Cadet-1, Bolden-1)

Luck threw 4 passes to rb's (Gore-3, Varga-1)

Let those numbers sink in

"This leads me to believe that the offensive coach at the top is not good enough to take us to the playoffs"

Those are YOUR words.

Except that the person at the top is Pep Hamilton.   And he's been the Colts OC for the last two years.   And both years we went to the playoffs and went further in the playoffs than the year before.

So,  your words have pretty much been proven to be wrong.

I don't need to offer you my opinion.    I proved my point with..........     facts.

Off topic comment here but when I read your comments I always picture you saying everything like this:

talk-with-your-hands-much-o.gif

Football 101: Exploit the other teams weakness.....Which for Buffalo is 2 things...1.Coverage Linebackers and 2.A consistently good QB that can pick defenses apart from the pocket. We did not throw to our TE's nearly enough to test the Linebackers in coverage and we allowed Taylor to break run contain. The Patriots O Line gave up 1 less hit and 1 less sack on Brady then what we gave up last week.....That's with the throw away passes Brady executed in the game and going to the Patriots TE's and RB's a lot more then Luck went to Colt TE's or RB's

Brady threw 18 passes combined to Gronk and Chandler....Luck threw 7 to Coby and Allen combined

Brady also threw 11 passes total to RB's (Lewis-9, Cadet-1, Bolden-1)

Luck threw 4 passes to rb's (Gore-3, Varga-1)

Let those numbers sink in

First and foremost that's about coaching and scheme.  But having Gronk makes all that possible.  The scheme occupied those LBs and spread everything out.  Allowed the OL to control the pass rush.

This is why the the coaching staff needs to go.  The Patriots can innovate game-to-game, quarter-to-quater, etc.  Until we can do that we'll never get past them.