Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Patriots Release Reggie Wayne (Update)

Nobody

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very happy and a tiny bit sad at the same time. I know that doesn't make sense.

It makes perfect sense to me, and I don't think you're alone in the way you feel.

I, for one,  really didn't want to see Reggie in a Pats uni, so that part I am good with.

I'm sad to think his playing days are over, but it is probably time.   

Boston Globe

----He acknowledged after the Carolina game that New England’s playbook “wasn’t simple,’’ and it’s unknown if that played a role in the 15-year veteran’s decision.----

Are they serious with this stuff? Reggie Wayne asked to be cut because he couldn't understand the playbook?

That's nuts...Reggie Wayne is one of the greatest Wide Receivers of all time, and they're questioning whether he could understand the playbook?

It makes perfect sense to me, and I don't think you're alone in the way you feel.

I, for one,  really didn't want to see Reggie in a Pats uni, so that part I am good with.

I'm sad to think his playing days are over, but it is probably time.   

You know and I know deep down if he is going to play one more year......just one more......and it's not with the Colts......

He might want one more last run through the fields with Peyton.

BTW why don't the Broncos have interest? 

I really like seeing this as I could not stand seeing Reggie retire a Pat. Rapoport says retirement is a strong possibility after talking to sources close to Reggie, and that he wouldn't do it in a Pats uniform. Don't be surprised to see him signing with the Colts to retire.

https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/640381427532582912

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/640250300402663424

Video: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000523252/Rapoport-Good-chance-Wayne-has-played-last-game?campaign=tw-nn-sf12833528-sf12833528

Come home Reggie. Retire a Colt take a nice front office job (much like Satuday did) and go into the ring of honor where you belong next season. Honestly, I don't think Reggie's heart was in it in New England, he had talked on his radio show the last few years how he hated learning new offenses. This wasn't like with the Colts where he had spent his whole career. There was no connection there to make it worth while to him.

Boston Globe

----He acknowledged after the Carolina game that New England’s playbook “wasn’t simple,’’ and it’s unknown if that played a role in the 15-year veteran’s decision.----

Are they serious with this stuff? Reggie Wayne asked to be cut because he couldn't understand the playbook?

That's nuts...Reggie Wayne is one of the greatest Wide Receivers of all time, and they're questioning whether he could understand the playbook?

Its very likely he didn't, Its not like he had months or even a month to memorize any of it

Boston Globe

reggie mentioned on his radio show more than once how he hated learning new offenses. I don't think it was a question of if he could more of a question of did he want too. I think he figured out quickly his heart just wasn't in it.

You know and I know deep down if he is going to play one more year......just one more......and it's not with the Colts......

I wish the Broncos had interest but they have six WRs...and cut two others

Demariyus Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders are Pro Bowl players..

They love Cody Latimer of IU...the other WRs are Bubba Caldwell,Bennie Fowler and Jordan Norwood, who they've put in the slot a lot in pre-season. I'd cut Bubba for Reggie but even then he'd be the 4th receiver which has never played in the slot and obviously cant play special teams..

....Barring injury (and Sanders didn't play in the pre-season with a thigh injury but is said to be OK) I cant mount an arguement for

Denver Reggie.

'Green Bay' Reggie might still be a possibility.....I hope

Boston Globe

He would not be first. Historically with the Pats, aging vets have not panned out. I don't believe it is not so much that he could not understand it but that maybe he did not want to at this point at age 37. The Pats did sign him late so it was basically a crash course for him.

Here is what Belichick said on twitter.

I just read Mark's reply to this, and I agree with him.

reggie mentioned on his radio show more than once how he hated learning new offenses. I don't think it was a question of if he could more of a question of did he want too. I think he figured out quickly his heart just wasn't in it.

Could be. He's only played for one team and now he's a backup someplace else.

I doubt he needs the money.

If he really asked to be released? Then you are probably right.

That's not the national perspective just so you know...

Not everyone on here is from Indy FYI.

Yes it is. Even national writers on SI, BR, etc frequently refer to the tanking of a season.

Go to various NFL teams' boards; the vast majority believe (incorrectly ) that the Colts tanked.

Yes it is. Even national writers on SI, BR, etc frequently refer to the tanking of a season.

Go to various NFL teams' boards; the vast majority believe (incorrectly ) that the Colts tanked.

No. 

It's a very loud minority. 

Nobody wants to write about how the Colts didn't tank the season because nobody wants to read that.  

Just like most people think the Patriots purposely deflated footballs but it didn't matter anyway because it's just deflated footballs. Still against the rules though.  

He asked to be released

What does that have to do with anything I said? Whether he asked to be released or not, here we are going into week 1 and he doesn't have a team. A HoF wide out with no team,a nd when does find one, he'll likely struggle and fizzle out just like Rice did when refused to stop. 

It's my own opinion that most of the people you see posting that garbage (Suck For Luck) don't actually believe that nonsense. They just say that to be jerks, like so many sports fans are ones to do. Anyone with the intellect required to successfully microwave a Hot Pocket should understand that this league is 100% business oriented around the individual, making it absolutely impossible for 100 players and coaches to harm their careers to help a team that will most likely dump them after the season. 

What does that have to do with anything I said? Whether he asked to be released or not, here we are going into week 1 and he doesn't have a team. A HoF wide out with no team,a nd when does find one, he'll likely struggle and fizzle out just like Rice did when refused to stop.

Because you make it sound like they cut him because they wanted to. Maybe it's realizing is time to quit because he's the one who wanted to leave. You seen to not think about that. Like the only way for him to have finished proudly was to quit after the colts released him. That's just not the case.

Because you make it sound like they cut him because they wanted to. Maybe it's realizing is time to quit because he's the one who wanted to leave. You seen to not think about that. Like the only way for him to have finished proudly was to quit after the colts released him. That's just not the case.

That post of mine was made before it was made public that Reggie left NE on his own volition...btw 

No.

It's a very loud minority.

Nobody wants to write about how the Colts didn't tank the season because nobody wants to read that.

Just like most people think the Patriots purposely deflated footballs but it didn't matter anyway because it's just deflated footballs. Still against the rules though.

The majority of people nationally know what a joke DG was, and have said so.

Only vocal Patriot haters believe otherwise.

Same thing with the Colts.

The majority of people nationally know what a joke DG was, and have said so.

Only vocal Patriot haters believe otherwise.

Same thing with the Colts.

The bad thing about Deflategate was how it went down.

The deflated footballs I don't think make much of a difference but the act of doing it is absolutely ridiculous and makes me angry.

Where we disagree I think is where Brady's involvement was.

Don't get me wrong I think maybe deflated footballs can affect a game if it's very close but it obviously had no influence on the AFCCG.

The Colts were just awful in 2012 and most Colts fans knew what the team would be without Peyton. I don't think throwing the season was even on their mind.

Robert Mathis actually called me out on Twitter for suggesting they do.

In final I do believe someone in the Patriots organisation knew and ordered the deflating of footballs. I think Brady knew too but whether or not he ordered it is a mystery.