Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Arthur Jones To Miss The Entire Season [Merge]

12isthenew18

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts looking stupid right about now. Art has yet to give us a full season. And we spend our 1st round pick on another wide receiver. Smh

Yes, I realize that NE ran all over us last year in the playoffs, but the fact of the matter was, they took T.Y. away and we floundered on offense. This will not be possible this year, We will not get blown out at any point this season. We have the offense to keep us in games, much like the Manning years, will what's left on Defense be enough to get us a world title? Who knows, only time will tell.

Do you happen to have a source? If so then yeah Dockett might be a good one to consider. I guess we will have to see who else ends up getting released.

Don't really need a source, here is the recovery plan for later ankle reconstruction (ligament surgery) from the U. of Wisconsin.  4 phases to rehab / recovery.  Phase 4 doesn't even begin until 3 1/2 to 4 months after surgery.  Full recover will take from 6 months to 1 year.  Not much can be done to shorten it either.  I had a feeling he was out for the year once I heard the ailment and the cure to be taken.

http://www.uwhealth.org/files/uwhealth/docs/sportsmed/SM-39916_Lateral_AnkleProtocol.pdf

It sounds like there's still an off chance he comes back later in the season. But if as they say is more likely, Jones is out for the year... I'm not sure we can really replace what he'd bring to the team. He's not quite what I'd call "elite" at his position, but he's not "just another guy" either. He also has veteran experience. I assume this means we'll be seeing more of those 2 rookies out there - both had quite promising preseasons on the bright side. 

It's possible, but he won't be in game shape nor likely to be very effective if he does.  It's a shame and bad luck for him.  Just get ready for next year Art and hope you don't get rolled up on anymore.

This is one of the many reasons we should have went DL with our first pick. Look I love Dorsett but in comparison to the Colts needs, Is like us having to move 50 tons of dirt and buying a Lamborghini instead of the dump truck you really need for the job!

So you would rather have Malcom Brown and Ty Montgomery (or pick any 4th round player and insert here) than Dorsett and Anderson?

I would, but I liked Anderson better than Brown and Goldman before the draft.

But Goldman projected to NT in our system so it'd before fitting to compare him with Parry, who I think is actually producing more than Goldman.

Man I wish there was a draft Website that reported how each team's draft picks were doing so it would be easier to compare players. But I still think the Colts won. Haven't heard anything amazing about Brown, Goldman, Phillips, or Collins.

Don't really need a source, here is the recovery plan for later ankle reconstruction (ligament surgery) from the U. of Wisconsin.  4 phases to rehab / recovery.  Phase 4 doesn't even begin until 3 1/2 to 4 months after surgery.  Full recover will take from 6 months to 1 year.  Not much can be done to shorten it either.  I had a feeling he was out for the year once I heard the ailment and the cure to be taken.

http://www.uwhealth.org/files/uwhealth/docs/sportsmed/SM-39916_Lateral_AnkleProtocol.pdf

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling he was gone for the year too I guess I just wanted a source to confirm my suspicions.