Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams & Cowboys Brawl...

Buck Showalter

Suspend them all for the first 4 games, and do it now.

Everyone that threw a punch or a push. All of 'em. Nail them to the wall and put an end this ghetto garbage once and for all.

You wouldn't be able to field a team if you suspended every player that pushed or shoved after the whistle. This isn't something new. It's just every person in the us has a video camera at all times now

You wouldn't be able to field a team if you suspended every player that pushed or shoved after the whistle. This isn't something new. It's just every person in the us has a video camera at all times now

Certainly. But this was a fight that got out of hand, it was clearly a danger to the fans not feet away. It was clearly an injury risk to the players. 

The footage was from a local TV station. Not symptomatic of the prevalence of cameras today. 

These wide-scale brawls DO happen too often, and they happen because of this 'boys will be boys' attitude the NFL has taken toward it. It won't be taken seriously until a fan gets his/her nose broken from a flying helmet. 

Shame on the NFL Network for continuing the tabloid trajectory of this downward spiraling network. I tried to watch NFL Total Access, once my favorite show in TV, 3 times last night. turning the channel back to the NFLN about every 10 minutes, and damned if they weren't showing the fight in a constant loop. 

That isn't football, that's trash. 

So yes, they should action every player that wasn't merely defending themselves. Action them severely to prevent future brawls at the feet of the fans. 

Certainly. But this was a fight that got out of hand, it was clearly a danger to the fans not feet away. It was clearly an injury risk to the players.

The footage was from a local TV station. Not symptomatic of the prevalence of cameras today.

These wide-scale brawls DO happen too often, and they happen because of this 'boys will be boys' attitude the NFL has taken toward it. It won't be taken seriously until a fan gets his/her nose broken from a flying helmet.

Shame on the NFL Network for continuing the tabloid trajectory of this downward spiraling network. I tried to watch NFL Total Access, once my favorite show in TV, 3 times last night. turning the channel back to the NFLN about every 10 minutes, and damned if they weren't showing the fight in a constant loop.

That isn't football, that's trash.

So yes, they should action every player that wasn't merely defending themselves. Action them severely to prevent future brawls at the feet of the fans.

I would have to imagine there will be fines, if not from the teams, the league for sure.

It was going to happen, With that said suspend the players that started both fights

1.Cowboys reserve linebacker Andrew Gachkar

2.Rams Center Demetrius Rhaney

3.Cowboys DE Randy Gregory

4.Rams Cody Wichmann

5.Rams Tackle Isaiah Battle

6.Cowboys WR Dez Bryant

And Im sure Janoris Jenkins got mixed up in that somehow though I have not heard his named dropped in the scuffles yet, Dude loves to yap as much or even more then Dez

The NFL should have been more prepared for this honeslty, Just having Jenkins and Bryant on the same field together should have been enough to tell the NFL this could blow up even if it did not directly involve Jenkins. Either that or ya don't need these joint practices, Fights are going to happen more then regular TC which means even more chance for injury

So just curious to those suggesting suspensions are in order, where do you draw the line between pushing/shoving/hitting for suspensions, & would you extend that to regular practice as well & in addition to these joint practices???

seriously curious, because I think the Colts would already have a few suspended players, if this suspension business for getting "into it" during practice were a common policy...

Can't remember who it was getting into it during Colts camp, maybe some one could remind me... was it new DE Anderson & an O-Lineman???

So just curious to those suggesting suspensions are in order, where do you draw the line between pushing/shoving/hitting for suspensions, & would you extend that to regular practice as well & in addition to these joint practices???

seriously curious, because I think the Colts would already have a few suspended players, if this suspension business for getting "into it" during practice were a common policy...

Can't remember who it was getting into it during Colts camp, maybe some one could remind me... was it new DE Anderson & an O-Lineman???

The way I see it is training camp fights are one thing whether they are between players on the same team or players between different teams, Don't matter either way.  The reason I say suspend those players I mentioned are the throwing of helmets, fights spilling out close to the fans but long story short this was not really thought out well by the NFL in my opinion

The way I see it is training camp fights are one thing whether they are between players on the same team or players between different teams, Don't matter either way.  The reason I say suspend those players I mentioned are the throwing of helmets, fights spilling out close to the fans but long story short this was not really thought out well by the NFL in my opinion

Yeah, probably not...

I dig getting all the updates on players from camp, etc....

& I understand that open practices are a great way for teams to connect with fans, allowing accessibility & too see players outside of regular game situations, but I've always sort of questioned open practices altogether...

Yeah, probably not...

I dig getting all the updates on players from camp, etc....

& I understand that open practices are a great way for teams to connect with fans, allowing accessibility & too see players outside of regular game situations, but I've always sort of questioned open practices altogether...

Well just speaking of how Anderson has Colts TC practices set, They have 2 fields. One of them is the football field they normally practice on which don't have a fence....Just a rope or tape or cord separating fans and players/personnel. The 2nd field has a fence if I remember right, That's usually for night practices during TC,  They are not the most prepared bunch for this. They have a lot of volunteers from the community and students which mean well but are not really cut out for the job of setting up and making sure things go smoothly if something were to go wrong

Well just speaking of how Anderson has Colts TC practices set, They have 2 fields. One of them is the football field they normally practice on which don't have a fence....Just a rope or tape or cord separating fans and players/personnel. The 2nd field has a fence if I remember right, That's usually for night practices during TC,  They are not the most prepared bunch for this. They have a lot of volunteers from the community and students which mean well but are not really cut out for the job of setting up and making sure things go smoothly if something were to go wrong

Yeah, I just don't know how productive an open practice would be verses a closed practice, seems like you'd want to keep distractions down to a minimum, & keep focus at a maximum by just having practice be that, practice...

Maybe throw a few open "scrimmages" for fans but that's it, & at a comfortable distance to minimize any potential issues, & so it runs smoothly as you have pointed out...

Yeah, I just don't know how productive an open practice would be verses a closed practice, seems like you'd want to keep distractions down to a minimum, & keep focus at a maximum by just having practice be that, practice...

Maybe throw a few open "scrimmages" for fans but that's it, & at a comfortable distance to minimize any potential issues, & so it runs smoothly as you have pointed out...

Surprisingly however as far as fan/player interaction it runs very smooth here in Anderson

Harrison and Quarles got into it Pagano booted them both from practice. Is this what you are talking about?

Harrison and Quarles got into it Pagano booted them both from practice. Is this what you are talking about?

That's it, thanks...

I know it was nothing near what happened with the rams & cowboys, I was just throwing that out there for perspective...

I guess I feel its different suggesting suspensions when it's your team, but also when it involves starters or back-up, at least in fans perspective...

Arthur Jones and Lance Louis have gone at it a couple times as well as Jon Harrison and Kelcy Quarles

Oh really?

So yeah, maybe a little more thanbptevious years? Or not really???

last 2 or 3 years ive heard of some small scuffles,after all it's football but nothing serious and media covered like this year it's kinda unpleasant and only increases chances of injury and nobody wants that

This is why we can't have nice things, lol. Good to see the Colts/Bears practice went without incident today, I like these practices but the fighting needs to stop. Act like men, not a bunch of thugs.

For those older than I, remember the Cheese League? I read that at one time there were 6 NFL teams that held their training camps in Platteville or nearby....It was football's version of Spring Training. Sadly it's gone, with only the Packers remaining. Heck in a few years I see off-site training camps all but gone. The Colts are part of a dwindling number of teams that still hold their camp away from their practice facility. And to be honest, they money it brings Anderson, well they need it. Tough town these days with the loss of the auto industry.

This is why we can't have nice things, lol. Good to see the Colts/Bears practice went without incident today, I like these practices but the fighting needs to stop. Act like men, not a bunch of thugs.

For those older than I, remember the Cheese League? I read that at one time there were 6 NFL teams that held their training camps in Platteville or nearby....It was football's version of Spring Training. Sadly it's gone, with only the Packers remaining. Heck in a few years I see off-site training camps all but gone. The Colts are part of a dwindling number of teams that still hold their camp away from their practice facility. And to be honest, they money it brings Anderson, well they need it. Tough town these days with the loss of the auto industry.

The majority of teams still travel to an off site location. But the number is dwindling for sure