Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookies impressed me

RockThatBlue

Geathers played well. Anderson had some decent penetration, David Perry was playing great, Robinson was tough for the defense to bring down. Dorsett looked maybe better than advertised. I thought even Good looked decent. Herrera made several nice plays including the pick off of Werner.

A lot of people will complain today but not me, the rookies played very well and I hope Smith will be ok.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parry wash in the backfield a lot. Had a couple TFLs. Liked what he showed.

Herrera looked very comfortable out there. The pick wad good because even though it came off a tip, he was in perfect position. He also had some solo tackles.

Robinson looked like what I saw in college. Tough runner with surprisingly quick feet. Also very tough to bring down. One run he had like 5 Eagles on him.

This is what I thought would happen though. The guys you didn't hear a lot about would make the most noise

Robinson was great.

Smith was injured.

Anderson showed flashes.

Dorsett looked pretty good.

Gaethers was mediocre to me, he was good but below average in coverage.

Herrera was pretty good.

Good impressed me aswell.

Parry looked pretty good too.

As for non-rookies, Okine, Quarles and Brown all really impressed me. Louis was meh, but I'll take it, Herremans was meh but I'd except more. Tipton was brutal, and John looked like he should never take another snap.

Parry wash in the backfield a lot. Had a couple TFLs. Liked what he showed.

Herrera looked very comfortable out there. The pick wad good because even though it came off a tip, he was in perfect position. He also had some solo tackles.

Robinson looked like what I saw in college. Tough runner with surprisingly quick feet. Also very tough to bring down. One run he had like 5 Eagles on him.

This is what I thought would happen though. The guys you didn't hear a lot about would make the most noise

Agree with all of this.

Robinson was great.

Smith was injured.

Anderson showed flashes.

Dorsett looked pretty good.

Gaethers was mediocre to me, he was good but below average in coverage.

Herrera was pretty good.

Good impressed me aswell.

Parry looked pretty good too.

As for non-rookies, Okine, Quarles and Brown all really impressed me. Louis was meh, but I'll take it, Herremans was meh but I'd except more. Tipton was brutal, and John looked like he should never take another snap.

Tipton was awful. I thought he was Trent out there for a minute, could barely get passed the line of scrimmage.

Geathers looked good out there almost had that INT but overall i was impressed the other two guys i was impressed by were Junior Sylvestre with the 2 sacks  and Sheldon Price who was one of the few positives on kick coverage

No one has given credit to junior Sylvestre either yet. He got 2 sacks and proved himself today. I don't know if he'll make the team, but he did a solid job Vs a running qb in Tebow.

:thmup:

Robinson was solid. Will provide quality depth behind Gore and Boom.

Liked what I saw from Dorsett. Shame he couldn't hold onto the football, but I liked how he moved out there.

this was his mo in college, drops and fumbles, but fast when he could keep the ball, hope he can be coached up, another project pick

Parry and Quarles made plays on the other side of the line of scrimmage looked good

We have to be better than Tipton more JR in the first half longer look at Varga in the second. How do you evaluate the OL with Tipton getting all the carries?

Sylvestre and Herrera looked good still not impressed with Muamba

What was the deal with so much of Chance and Carr in the 1st half? Staff just wanted to make sure they should go first cut?

Its hard to judge the offense QB play drops off so much after Luck.

At least we are a step closer to opening day without a big injury

this was his mo in college, drops and fumbles, but fast when he could keep the ball, hope he can be coached up, another project pick

He dropped 1 of 37 catchable targets last year. So, no.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/04/09/cff-sig-stats-wide-receivers-part-1/

The speedy Phillip Dorsett is tied in 10th place (for lowest drop rate in college), dropping just one pass all year. That will impress anyone who’s interested in the big-play threat, who may not have the size and strength you look for, but has the speed to give plenty of defensive backs problems.

Not much project about him. Ran good routes today and caught what he was supposed to. His last year in college showed how much he had worked on his hands and concentartion. One incident is hardly something to be concerned about. So chill.

Not much project about him. Ran good routes today and caught what he was supposed to. His last year in college showed how much he had worked on his hands and concentartion. One incident is hardly something to be concerned about. So chill.

this is nfl, a little bit different