Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8/13/15 TC Thread

TKnight24

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting the feeling that D'Joun Smith is going to be a huge bust. He has had the worst training camp of any rookie I can remember in quite some time. 

Gotta remember, Smith has not seen speed like 'David Parry' in his young collegiate and pro career to this point.  smiley-with-glasses32.gif

Either way, you know I wasn't being literal. If D'Joun can be serviceable his first year, it would be a plus. We don't need him to start for a while (hopefully!).

honestly he's probably the number four corner on the depth chart right now with everyone healthy. This was a pick for the future when toller's deal is up.

With the way Jalil Brown is playing right now I wouldn't be surprised if D.Smith ended up being the 5th corner when it's all said and done to start things off.  Brown has more experience than Smith, and he's a big corner at 6'1" 210.  I'm sure it may change later on down the road as the season progresses.

LOL, it's just frustrating. For every person that returns to practice. 2 or 3 others get a nagging injury. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but they could miss a week of playing time if it was the regular season, and they also miss valuable practice time now. We always catch bad luck with them.

Groin injuries are very easy to get, and is also difficult to rehab them back to health. They also tend to Linger and come back from time to time. I got a groin injury in High School and it lingered through my College ball days. they suck pretty bad !

I'm getting the feeling that D'Joun Smith is going to be a huge bust. He has had the worst training camp of any rookie I can remember in quite some time. 

Takes time to develop as a CB in this league. Not to mention he has so much confidence im sure he's pressing guess as if he is still playing college ball. Once he gets humbled enough and start listening to coaches more to develop his technique at the next level he will be ok. Even Trae Waynes is having a terrible camp and got beat horribly in the Hall of Fame game. Dont be too worried.