Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Been rewatching some games from last season

MrNLM

Guys and gals... this team is gonna be on another level.

Watching the week 6 games vs. Houston right now and I can just tell that our offense for the up coming season will be terrific.

I feel that the defense will be improved as well.

Keep your heart in good shape y'all because there wont be a dull moment IMO.

I was doing the same thing. I still cant bring myself to watch the Steelers,patriots or cowboys game.

A few days ago I NFL Network was showing the Pats game (AFC Championship). I decided to watch the game to analyze and see what actually went wrong (since during the game I was too busy screaming into my cushion to really do much analyzing) 

Its amazing how cataclysmic bad we were (not trying to be a debby downer). Its kind of hard to believe that Colts team was the same one that beat Peyton in his new house one week before. 

But I have all the confidence in the world in our team. Im excited to see what this defense can do. They don't need to be great. They just need to be good. With out world class offense, we dont need a Seattle or Buffalo type defense. Just one that doesn't allow a decent running team to run 8000 yards on us. 

Can September 13 come any quicker!

I was doing the same thing. I still cant bring myself to watch the Steelers,patriots or cowboys game.

Those are the games where you really learn something. People want to know why we didn't sign/draft a bunch of high profile defensive players, and I think those four games make it obvious that the coaching staff didn't bring their A game every week, especially against good teams. Those games also kind of explain why Irsay didn't rush out to make Pagano one of the highest paid coaches in the league just yet. We did some silly stuff against Pittsburgh and Dallas, and then failed to adjust against the Pats.

By the way, I'm not dogging our coaching staff. I'm a Pagano fan, I think Pep has a unique ability to design plays (although his play calling irks me at times; like the first half of the Giants game, for instance); I think Manusky is bringing up the rear, but he gets in a groove sometimes (he seemed to know everything the Bengals were going to do). But they've been outcoached in some big games, and they can make some major improvements. Pagano is betting on himself, and if his staff and team shows up better against the Pats, the Steelers, the Broncos (regular season, with a healthy Manning), and is more consistent defensively, he'll have earned some big money.

Kind of off topic, but those are my thoughts. If you watch the bad games, you might see what I'm talking about.

...and I think those four games make it obvious that the coaching staff didn't bring their A game every week...

That's inexcusable. If true, the coaching staff should have been shown the door. IMHO, our coaching staff is merely average. We have the good fortune of having some superior players at some positions that mask some of the coaching futility.

That's inexcusable. If true, the coaching staff should have been shown the door. IMHO, our coaching staff is merely average. We have the good fortune of having some superior players at some positions that mask some of the coaching futility.

I disagree. They got outcoached by better staffs. It happens. There's always a bigger fish. They just need to continue to get better.

I've never felt we've been badly outcoached in any game in the Pagano era.

For me,  whenever the Colts have lost, I think they've simply lost to better teams.    And I think the big lop-sided scores reflect that.

We got killed twice by the Pats.    They're the world champions.

We ran into a buzz saw vs. Pittsburgh.   But we were down key bodies in that game, including Vonte Davis getting hurt in the first quarter.

And the Dallas game was an oddity.    We had clinched the division the week before and the Cowboys could clinch with a win over the Colts.    So, we had almost nothing to play for and the Cowboys had everything to play for.    That the worst match-up possible.    We got turned into road-kill.

I thought we were a very well coached team for the most part.   But when you start losing guys like Robert Mathis and Reggie Wayne,  and you have no running game, and a spotty o-line,  sooner or later, those things catch up to you.

This year will be interesting.   I think we have a much, much better roster.   Hopefully not too many injuries so we can see what we really have.     I think this is the year we win 12 regular season games.    We'll see how far we go in the playoffs.

But all in all,  I think we have a very solid coaching staff.

I disagree. They got outcoached by better staffs. It happens. There's always a bigger fish. They just need to continue to get better.

NCF - It's hard to get better if you don't acknowledge your own problems, then learn to overcome them. It won't be long before time will tell what lessons were learned, and which weren't.

Guys and gals... this team is gonna be on another level.

Watching the week 6 games vs. Houston right now and I can just tell that our offense for the up coming season will be terrific.

I feel that the defense will be improved as well.

Keep your heart in good shape y'all because there wont be a dull moment IMO.

The sky is falling...... there will be plenty of people here that want to temper your enthusiasm. They're just trying to protect you from yourself. God knows it's a sin if one gets too excited. We need the "downers" to keep it real. Otherwise, the Colts won't do as good, if we get too excited. 

I don't feel THAT bad about getting outcoached by Belichick and staff.....they do it to the best of them. The week prior to the AFCC, they pulled the formation stunts on John Harbaugh and the Ravens. A coach that is regarded as one of the best in the NFL, who has won a Super Bowl....What I do want to see is improvement against the same opposing staffs. For instance, we got killed against the short/middle passing game last year. We're now seeing the Colts working Geathers at LB in passing packages. This is a good sign....Jackson is a liabilty in coverage and Geathers is (hopefully) much better. That to me shows the staff finally making adjustments that are necessary. Also, moving Vontae around instead of keeping him on one side of the field is also good for ensuring our best DB is covering the best guy. That stuff is what I want to see.

Pagano knows that he's on the "hot seat" this year. I think Irsay made it clear that what happened last January will NOT happen again under his watch.

I don't feel THAT bad about getting outcoached by Belichick and staff.....they do it to the best of them. The week prior to the AFCC, they pulled the formation stunts on John Harbaugh and the Ravens. A coach that is regarded as one of the best in the NFL, who has won a Super Bowl....What I do want to see is improvement against the same opposing staffs. For instance, we got killed against the short/middle passing game last year. We're now seeing the Colts working Geathers at LB in passing packages. This is a good sign....Jackson is a liabilty in coverage and Geathers is (hopefully) much better. That to me shows the staff finally making adjustments that are necessary. Also, moving Vontae around instead of keeping him on one side of the field is also good for ensuring our best DB is covering the best guy. That stuff is what I want to see.

Pagano knows that he's on the "hot seat" this year. I think Irsay made it clear that what happened last January will NOT happen again under his watch.

I don`t expect Geathers to be better than DQ in the passing D for awhile.

Only because he has Never played at the NFL speed, he is being asked to do something New, and he will be THINKING a lot.