Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dont Worry. Jim Irsay Has A Plan!

oldunclemark

Most of you have seen 'Indinaapolis' magazine..

You'll feel comforted to learn that this month's issue has Jim Irsay on the cover

....looking lean and mean.....

...The article.."Dont worry, Jim Irsay has a plan' which seems to have been written in September...

suggest that our masterminds have the situation well in hand..

One thing the story mentions.....

When Jim heads on up to that 'Blue Heaven' he plans to leave the multi-million dollar Colts franchise

......to his daughters Carlie, Casey and Kalen...

uh oh.

Most of you have seen 'Indianapolis' magazine..

You'll feel comforted to learn that this month's issue has Jim Irsay on the cover

....looking lean and mean.....

...The article.."Dont worry, Jim Irsay has a plan' which seems to have been written in September...

suggest that our masterminds have the situation well in hand..

One thing the story mentions.....

When Jim heads on up to that 'Blue Heaven' he plans to leave the multi-million dollar Colts franchise

......to his daughters Carlie, Casey and Kalen...

uh oh.

..and that's INDIANAPOLIS MONTHLY magazine..the January issue..check it out...

I read this, Mike Brown comes to mind, and I fear for the future.

I'm curious why you'd feel that way. Isray has never been cheap, I think we're always at the top of the cap. And, unlike Brown, he seems to leave the football decisions to those with football experience.

I'm curious why you'd feel that way. Isray has never been cheap, I think we're always at the top of the cap. And, unlike Brown, he seems to leave the football decisions to those with football experience.

No I was referring to how a football franchise was handed down to a inept son of a football great.

Im not referring to Jim but his daughters. I don't know if they're inept or not. Maybe im afraid of the unknown and concerned about there being 3 heiresses.

No I was referring to how a football franchise was handed down to a inept son of a football great.

Im not referring to Jim but his daughters. I don't know if they're inept or not. Maybe im afraid of the unknown and concerned about there being 3 heiresses.

In fairness Jim proved to be pretty inept when his dad made him the GM. Jim was just smart enough to learn from that and bring in real football people in Tobin and then Polian to make the football calls. If the Irsay daughters have learned from their dad and just stick to running the business side of things and writing checks when the football guy tells them too they will do arlight. You should only get worried when the Polians are shown the door and one of the Irsays hires another Irsay as the new GM then you should be worried.

Dont think these are spoiled trust fund girls...one of them just opened a frozen yogurt shop on the north side of Indy, getting her start in running a business....(it may be more than one daughter...but I have heard the radio ads, just cant remember the name of the place). I met one through a friend several years ago and she seemed to have a good head on her shoulders

Dont think these are spoiled trust fund girls...one of them just opened a frozen yogurt shop on the north side of Indy, getting her start in running a business....(it may be more than one daughter...but I have heard the radio ads, just cant remember the name of the place).....

They may not be spoiled, but opening a frozen yogurt shop sure shows me they aren't the brightest......

They may not be spoiled, but opening a frozen yogurt shop sure shows me they aren't the brightest......

Why would you make that statement because it's a business and opening a business of any kind and making it work now days is not an easy thing to do. JMO of course.

Why would you make that statement because it's a business and opening a business of any kind and making it work now days is not an easy thing to do. JMO of course.

Think about it. Frozen Yogurt shop. In Indiana. I don't know if you live anywhere near Indianapolis, but I can drive about 20miles in all directions and run into about 15 former "yogurt" shops. Opening a business is a hard thing to do, I'm in the process of doing just that, but just because you have the courage, capital, drive, and apparently initial success, doesnt make it a smart decision.

I was just concerned that there would be a 3 way battle royal over control of the franchise.

I would imagine since Casey has been working with her father now she would have control of operations and maybe the other 2 girls will have other positions in the organization. I feel sure it will all be set up by Jim before he retires. His retirement will still be coming from the organization. He will still want to live in the life style he has become accustom to. :whatever: JMO of course.

I would imagine since Casey has been working with her father now she would have control of operations and maybe the other 2 girls will have other positions in the organization. I feel sure it will all be set up by Jim before he retires. His retirement will still be coming from the organization. He will still want to live in the life style he has become accustom to. :whatever: JMO of course.

All three of the Irsay women are currently vps. http://www.colts.com/team/staff.html

That article is old.

I think there are 3 polians..........and I know there are 4 irsays

There's your TV show....'South park Voice'...Two Dads, one who raised 3 tough boys the other 4 girls....all under one roof. A stadium roof. In the real lives of keeping up with the league. Only on fox.

There has been stories about Irsay turning the team over to one of his daughters before so I don't think there will be a fight since it sounds like it's going to happen when is still alive. If I am not mistaken he's already said it's going to be the one that is married to AJ Foyt IV and owns huddles but I could be wrong about that. All I know is that he's pretty much already said this one is getting the team.

Again as long as she has learned from her dad to hire a football person to run the team and does what her dad does as far as mainly running the business side of the things and let's the football person run the team it'll be okay.