Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

P. Manning this season

The Great Dane

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he's only thrown 40+ TDs twice in his career, and it's always been way above 40. There's not a lot of middle ground for Peyton; if he has a big TD year, it's a record breaking year, and I don't see that happening. I think their goal is to be less dependent on his arm anyways, which makes sense.

Absolutely crazy , impossible thing to argue. No way anyone has any knowledge as to how good Peyton Manning will be in 2015. If he makes the playoffs , he'll be just 3 months from his 40th birthday. There comes a time when an athlete's body just can't do it anymore.

I think their goal is to be the No.1 seed..and its a perception that Kubiak wants to run the ball more.

But when they ask him he says that he'd be a fool to take the ball out of Peyton's hands.

The Broncos WRs are the most dangerous they've been with Thomas, Sanders and Latimer...but overall, they are not powerful on the O=-line. Denver's offense suffered last year because Peyton got hurt..not because he threw too much.

I really see no reason to change what they've been doing and I dont think Kubiak will either..

Denver isn't going to run the ball 50 times a game. Doesn't make sense

I'm not sure where I or anyone else suggested that they'd be running the football 50 times a game. But there's no question that being a more effective run team is important to them. 

They've switched to a zone blocking scheme, where "powerful" on the line isn't all that critical. So there's already a change in what they've been doing. 

Absolutely crazy , impossible thing to argue. No way anyone has any knowledge as to how good Peyton Manning will be in 2015. If he makes the playoffs , he'll be just 3 months from his 40th birthday. There comes a time when an athlete's body just can't do it anymore.

None of us can tell the future, but I think Manning will be fine in 2015. I know he's nearly 40 and all that, but I don't think his age is a significant factor. If he gets hurt, that changes things, but he can still throw, and he's still able to baffle defenses despite being the least mobile QB in the NFL. I don't expect him to go breaking records again, but I don't see him suddenly not being able to play the position.

None of us can tell the future, but I think Manning will be fine in 2015. I know he's nearly 40 and all that, but I don't think his age is a significant factor. If he gets hurt, that changes things, but he can still throw, and he's still able to baffle defenses despite being the least mobile QB in the NFL. I don't expect him to go breaking records again, but I don't see him suddenly not being able to play the position.

We'll agree to disagree on this one. From what I've seen and read , older athletes can "suddenly" lose it. Plus I've seen a decline of arm strength and we also saw a nagging injury last year. 

I think Baltimore's offense with Kubiak had some significant differences from what he ran with Schaub in Houston, and after a while it was hard to know what exactly they were running because they had so many different QBs, and never one for very long. But I think he does a decent job of adapting to his personnel, and he's at least paid lip service to the idea since he was hired.

When Manning went to Denver, they spent all offseason and the first part of the year trying to run McCoy's offense, with varying degrees of success. But eventually, it became more Manning's offense than McCoy's. I would think Kubiak and Dennison understand that you don't try to go offroading with a Porsche, and don't need to play that game again.

Agreed...you take the plays and style that Peyton does well with and meld it into your system and philosophy. Clearly Kubiak has never had a qb of his caliber that can read defenses and get you into plays to be successful. I think as long as that line comes together that will be a final 4 team in the afc again.

I'm not sure where I or anyone else suggested that they'd be running the football 50 times a game. But there's no question that being a more effective run team is important to them. 

They've switched to a zone blocking scheme, where "powerful" on the line isn't all that critical. So there's already a change in what they've been doing.

But your suggestion (not just you) is they'll be running more and 'relying on Peyton less' because they're switching to a zone blocking scheme. To me, those two things are unrelated.

It didnt work that way in Baltimore with a lesser QB. Kubiak keeps saying, when asked, look at what Joe Flacco did.

Okay, lets do that.

Joe Flacco threw 34 times a game in 2014 with Kubiak as the offensive coordinator.

Peyton Manning threw 35 times a game last year counting the playoff game

CJ Anderson ran the ball 20 times a game the second half of the season. Denver ran 30 times a game overall on the season.

I don't predict that any of that changes because that's Denver's winning formula as presently constructced the last 3 years.

Peyton thrown 30-40 times a game...and there's a 60-40 balance pass over rush

..the change to a zone blocking scheme and a change to more runs/less passes, to me, are two different things that are tied together.

Don't buy the tie

We'll agree to disagree on this one. From what I've seen and read , older athletes can "suddenly" lose it. Plus I've seen a decline of arm strength and we also saw a nagging injury last year. 

You're predicting that he'll suddenly lose it. If he plays long enough, that might eventually come true. But the guy with a nagging injury -- maybe two, if you believe certain reports -- took apart the Dolphins in  Week 12, then was highly efficient against the Chargers in Week 15. I don't see why there can't be an effective combination of those two games for the majority of 2015. Especially if he's not dealing with an injured quad or two.

But your suggestion (not just you) is they'll be running more and 'relying on Peyton less' because they're switching to a zone blocking scheme. To me, those two things are unrelated.

It didnt work that way in Baltimore with a lesser QB. Kubiak keeps saying, when asked, look at what Joe Flacco did.

Okay, lets do that.

Joe Flacco threw 34 times a game in 2014 with Kubiak as the offensive coordinator.

Peyton Manning threw 35 times a game last year counting the playoff game

CJ Anderson ran the ball 20 times a game the second half of the season. Denver ran 30 times a game overall on the season.

I don't predict that any of that changes because that's Denver's winning formula as presently constructced the last 3 years.

Peyton thrown 30-40 times a game...and there's a 60-40 balance pass over rush

..the change to a zone blocking scheme and a change to more runs/less passes, to me, are two different things that are tied together.

Don't buy the tie

Them wanting to run the ball more isn't based on them switching to a zone blocking scheme. I only brought up the zone blocking scheme because you suggested that they can't run the ball more due to not having a "powerful" offensive line, and that's not true. 

If you don't see why any team with a great QB would want to be more effective at running the football, then I don't know what to say. It's the same thing the Colts want to do. Why wouldn't the Broncos want to do it?

You're predicting that he'll suddenly lose it. If he plays long enough, that might eventually come true. But the guy with a nagging injury -- maybe two, if you believe certain reports -- took apart the Dolphins in  Week 12, then was highly efficient against the Chargers in Week 15. I don't see why there can't be an effective combination of those two games for the majority of 2015. Especially if he's not dealing with an injured quad or two.

You need to go back and read my post. I never "predicted " anything for Manning in 2015. What I said is in 2014 , we saw diminished arm strength and him battle an injury. I went on to say that sometimes , when you are months away from your 40th birthday , this kind of stuff can progress quickly. I would point out how many QB's were studs at age 39.8. It appears John Elway was wing to gamble that you are right . Me... I'm just saying let's wait and see if he can beat father time another year. BTW... the Broncos IMO were kind of stuck gambling another year with Peyton. 

What Im disagreeing on is most are pretty much saying he will be an effective QB in 2015. What I'm saying is it's very possible the lost arm strength and injuries that older athletes are more prone to could just make him at best average. I did not predict anything.

dw..have you really seen a decline in arm strength since 2012?

Geez yes IMO .. it's less.

He can't throw a tough out pattern or fit a ball into a tight window anymore. But maybe I'm full of it.. Ive been there before

Geez yes IMO .. it's less.

He can't throw a tough out pattern or fit a ball into a tight window anymore. But maybe I'm full of it.. Ive been there before

I agree with you that older players can 'lose it' quickly..

...and Peyton's arm strength is much less than it was before the surgery..

I would point to the game with Miami last year before he was hurt

....but we all record the games..and see different things... I thought his arm was stronger in 2014 than it was in 2013.

I don't want to see the Broncos play the Colts in the post-season...to be honest.

I dont want Peyton's season ending loss coming to Indy

..and I dont want Peyton keeping the Colts out of the Super Bowl.

Its such a lose-lose game for me

Them wanting to run the ball more isn't based on them switching to a zone blocking scheme. I only brought up the zone blocking scheme because you suggested that they can't run the ball more due to not having a "powerful" offensive line, and that's not true. 

If you don't see why any team with a great QB would want to be more effective at running the football, then I don't know what to say. It's the same thing the Colts want to do. Why wouldn't the Broncos want to do it?

You need to go back and read what I said

I meant that their line is not a strength of the team and their QB and wide receivers are.

You use your strengths

You are confusing and conflating (as many do) running the ball more effectively with running it more.

Obviously no one ever said (I certainly didn't say or infer that) they don't want to run effectively.

But if you are one of the five best passing teams in the NFL (Colts and Broncos) and you have won 10 or more the last 3 seasons (Colts and Broncos) , then no. no, no..., you don't decide to run it MORE on principal. It is not better to run the ball more when passing is winning big for you.

You'd have to agree with that.

I agree with you that older players can 'lose it' quickly..

...and Peyton's arm strength is much less than it was before the surgery..

I would point to the game with Miami last year before he was hurt

....but we all record the games..and see different things... I thought his arm was stronger in 2014 than it was in 2013.

I don't want to see the Broncos play the Colts in the post-season...to be honest.

I dont want Peyton's season ending loss coming to Indy

..and I dont want Peyton keeping the Colts out of the Super Bowl.

Its such a lose-lose game for me

Good point with Broncos -  Colt games. I either feel really bummed if the Colts lose and end up feeling bad for Manning if the Colts win.

Arm strength 2013 vs 2014 s really hard for me to gauge. If you think of how Manning looked vs Seattle , you can make a real case for what you say. I think it's a difficult assessment as he had such dynamic receivers and he's smart enough to stay away from the throws that maybe he can't make. My over-all impression was that he looked to be struggling with driving the ball in 2014, But like I said , I could be full of it.

Jake Plummers ugly brother lol....of course the Broncos board would love Peyton then....can't believe how much they revere Plummer and have so little nice to say of Peyton. The whole hired gun...he will never be welcomed there the same way as he was here.

I don't know man, I live in CO, and these folks are all about some #18. They were hooked after seeing him up close for the first time in the annual Blue-Orange scrimmage in 2012.

I was looking at the Broncos schedule, outside of them going to Pittsburgh and Indy it looks very favorable to me. Most of their other tough games are at home. I would not be shocked if they were a dark horse in the AFC since most of the attention at times is on the Pats and Colts due to the deflate stuff and our offseason signings on offense.

Still, Manning looked so "gone" at times in the playoffs. I do wonder how long he can sustain everything through the course of a whole season now.

You need to go back and read my post. I never "predicted " anything for Manning in 2015. What I said is in 2014 , we saw diminished arm strength and him battle an injury. I went on to say that sometimes , when you are months away from your 40th birthday , this kind of stuff can progress quickly. I would point out how many QB's were studs at age 39.8. It appears John Elway was wing to gamble that you are right . Me... I'm just saying let's wait and see if he can beat father time another year. BTW... the Broncos IMO were kind of stuck gambling another year with Peyton. 

What Im disagreeing on is most are pretty much saying he will be an effective QB in 2015. What I'm saying is it's very possible the lost arm strength and injuries that older athletes are more prone to could just make him at best average. I did not predict anything.

Feels like a prediction. I don't mean to put words in your mouth, though.

As far as beating father time, my belief is that he's already diminished physically, and probably has been diminishing for several years, even before 2011. He made some adjustments to his throwing mechanics to torque with his core and lower body more, and by 2013 was breaking records. I think the quad injuries undermined his ability to compensate for the arm with his legs, like he's been doing for three years. 

To me, he was "an effective QB" at the end of last season, when he was clearly hurt. Over the last six weeks of the season, he completed 64% of his passes, averaged 237 yards/game, and had 9 TDs and 6 INTs. Compare that to Joe Flacco's numbers over the last six weeks, and you have a slightly more efficient QB with a 5-1 record. It's not Peyton the Destroyer, like we're used to, but if the thinking is that you can take some pressure off of him and still have him perform well enough to win games, I think that theory was proven last year when he was hurt.

We'll see. I know you said we can agree to disagree, so I don't mean to nitpick. Just wanted to state my case.

You need to go back and read what I said

I meant that their line is not a strength of the team and their QB and wide receivers are.

You use your strengths

You are confusing and conflating (as many do) running the ball more effectively with running it more.

Obviously no one ever said (I certainly didn't say or infer that) they don't want to run effectively.

But if you are one of the five best passing teams in the NFL (Colts and Broncos) and you have won 10 or more the last 3 seasons (Colts and Broncos) , then no. no, no..., you don't decide to run it MORE on principal. It is not better to run the ball more when passing is winning big for you.

You'd have to agree with that.

It's interesting that you say I need to go back and read what you said, when you're the one attributing something to me that I didn't say. For instance, running the ball 50 times a game, which I never suggested.

What I said is they want to be less dependent on his arm. And I said that with a zone blocking scheme, they are better equipped to do so. You hear that and think that I'm saying they want to be the 2009 Jets or the 2012 Vikings, and that's just not at all what I'm saying.

Now we're debating what we think the other said.

Reboot.

I do not think they will try to be less dependent on Manning's arm. They need to run effectively when they do run but everybody does.Denver wins or losesbased on Manning and his receivers. I want them to be dependent on his arm just like I want the Colts to

depend on Andrew Luck's arm. To increase dependence on the on the run game when you have Luck, Manning, Rodgers Brees, etc

is self-defeating. It makes you average....in my opinion

But we'll see.

Feels like a prediction. I don't mean to put words in your mouth, though.

As far as beating father time, my belief is that he's already diminished physically, and probably has been diminishing for several years, even before 2011. He made some adjustments to his throwing mechanics to torque with his core and lower body more, and by 2013 was breaking records. I think the quad injuries undermined his ability to compensate for the arm with his legs, like he's been doing for three years. 

To me, he was "an effective QB" at the end of last season, when he was clearly hurt. Over the last six weeks of the season, he completed 64% of his passes, averaged 237 yards/game, and had 9 TDs and 6 INTs. Compare that to Joe Flacco's numbers over the last six weeks, and you have a slightly more efficient QB with a 5-1 record. It's not Peyton the Destroyer, like we're used to, but if the thinking is that you can take some pressure off of him and still have him perform well enough to win games, I think that theory was proven last year when he was hurt.

We'll see. I know you said we can agree to disagree, so I don't mean to nitpick. Just wanted to state my case.

This (below)is hardly Nostradamus stuff. What i meant was nobody can possibly predict if his slide will be not at all , minimal or off a cliff. I think what I have below states that clearly. I don't see the "prediction." As you say , we are not nitpickers but please don't make me prove my point that athletes have been know to just lose it (fall off the cliff) over a pretty short period of time at that age.

Absolutely crazy , impossible thing to argue. No way anyone has any knowledge as to how good Peyton Manning will be in 2015. If he makes the playoffs , he'll be just 3 months from his 40th birthday. There comes a time when an athlete's body just can't do it anymore."

Now we're debating what we think the other said.

Reboot.

I do not think they will try to be less dependent on Manning's arm. They need to run effectively when they do run but everybody does.Denver wins or losesbased on Manning and his receivers. I want them to be dependent on his arm just like I want the Colts to

depend on Andrew Luck's arm. To increase dependence on the on the run game when you have Luck, Manning, Rodgers Brees, etc

is self-defeating. It makes you average....in my opinion

But we'll see.

If they run the ball more effectively, it takes pressure off of the passing attack to produce. That's 101 stuff. 

I don't know why you think that a team with a great QB shouldn't depend on its run game. We disagree.

This (below)is hardly Nostradamus stuff. What i meant was nobody can possibly predict if his slide will be not at all , minimal or off a cliff. I think what I have below states that clearly. I don't see the "prediction." As you say , we are not nitpickers but please don't make me prove my point that athletes have been know to just lose it (fall off the cliff) over a pretty short period of time at that age.

Absolutely crazy , impossible thing to argue. No way anyone has any knowledge as to how good Peyton Manning will be in 2015. If he makes the playoffs , he'll be just 3 months from his 40th birthday. There comes a time when an athlete's body just can't do it anymore."

We all know that athletes can lose it when they get older. No one knows when that's going to happen. Unless you're thinking it's going to happen in 2015 (which is where it feels like a prediction).

Other than that, there's the injury in 2014, and yet he was still able to produce. Assume he's healthy, why can't he produce in 2015? Because he's getting older? That's where these two issues begin to blend into each other. I feel like you're building one argument off of the other, which requires us to assume that either he's going to be hurt again, or he's going to falter due to age. 

So you're not predicting that he won't be too old, and you're not predicting that he's going to be hurt, but if he's not hurt, and if he doesn't suddenly become to old to produce, why can't he be effective in 2015? 

If they run the ball more effectively, it takes pressure off of the passing attack to produce. That's 101 stuff. 

I don't know why you think that a team with a great QB shouldn't depend on its run game. We disagree.

We do differ./ That's old thinking and in this case its based on a myth that Denver didn't run the ball effectively last year.

Denver ran the ball well last year and they bogged down. We all saw that.

With the passing game they have...they're doing the other team a favor when they try to establish the run more than they do.

I dont want to take pressure off the passing game of the Broncos (or the Colts) to produce.

A team should depend on what it does best...as long as they're winning./ No one is winning more consistently than Denver.

Why change?

To me, that's 'Sports 101'

We do differ./ That's old thinking and in this case its based on a myth that Denver didn't run the ball effectively last year.

Denver ran the ball well last year and they bogged down. We all saw that.

With the passing game they have...they're doing the other team a favor when they try to establish the run more than they do.

I dont want to take pressure off the passing game of the Broncos (or the Colts) to produce.

A team should depend on what it does best...as long as they're winning./ No one is winning more consistently than Denver.

Why change?

To me, that's 'Sports 101'

Try this: In 2014, when Manning attempted 40+ passes, the Broncos were 2-4, and averaged 19 points a game. In those four losses, they averaged 48 yards on the ground. They had 115 or more yards in 8 games, and they were 8-0 in those games, and averaged 36 points a game. I never said they didn't run effectively last season; I said that they want to run the ball more effectively this season. But there's no question that they didn't run effectively in their four losses.

A more effective run game is either a cause or a symptom of more efficient offense. Either way, it's a good thing, and it's something that the Broncos understandably want. That's before you get to the fact that their QB is 39 years old. 

You act like I'm saying they want to shut Manning down once he reaches 20 throws, and you keep playing these extremes. It's silly. 

We all know that athletes can lose it when they get older. No one knows when that's going to happen. Unless you're thinking it's going to happen in 2015 (which is where it feels like a prediction).

Other than that, there's the injury in 2014, and yet he was still able to produce. Assume he's healthy, why can't he produce in 2015? Because he's getting older? That's where these two issues begin to blend into each other. I feel like you're building one argument off of the other, which requires us to assume that either he's going to be hurt again, or he's going to falter due to age. 

So you're not predicting that he won't be too old, and you're not predicting that he's going to be hurt, but if he's not hurt, and if he doesn't suddenly become to old to produce, why can't he be effective in 2015? 

Lol.. where do I say he can't be effective in 2015 ? What I said is that this thread was a real crap shoot because he might be finished due to being 40 years old. It seemed to me that no one was taking into consideration that he might be done. 

Did Joe Montana play at 40 ? Did John Elway who had twice the arm strength and was a better athlete play at 40 ? How was John Unitas at 40 ? 

Im amazed you are coming back at me with what you are. Here ya go ... what I'm saying is every athlete hits a time when his body says "no mass." With a QB it would involve arm strength and his overall body holding up against the rigors of football. I nowhere predict what is going to happen to Manning in 2015. What I'm saying is there comes a time and maybe his time is 2015. 

Hank Aaron ... age 39   40 hrs  301 BA

age 40   20 hrs  268 BA

age 41   12 hrs  234 BA

Dan Marino    age  37   23 TD   15 Int

age 38    12 TD   17 Int

Try this: In 2014, when Manning attempted 40+ passes, the Broncos were 2-4, and averaged 19 points a game. In those four losses, they averaged 48 yards on the ground. They had 115 or more yards in 8 games, and they were 8-0 in those games, and averaged 36 points a game. I never said they didn't run effectively last season; I said that they want to run the ball more effectively this season. But there's no question that they didn't run effectively in their four losses.

A more effective run game is either a cause or a symptom of more efficient offense. Either way, it's a good thing, and it's something that the Broncos understandably want. That's before you get to the fact that their QB is 39 years old. 

You act like I'm saying they want to shut Manning down once he reaches 20 throws, and you keep playing these extremes. It's silly. 

Of course teams that are ahead signififantly run the ball to run out the clock.

I'm pretty clear...Look at the last 9 games of last season when CJ Anderson carried the ball 21 times a game and was effective by all estimations. led the NFL.

The offense declined as we all saw. the games were closer...244-190 in points scored

In the first 7 games,..Denver oustcored foes 214-142 and was 6-1..manning is hurt./.they run and run effectively and the games are closer

Your pass total number 40 is fine if you extend it to 2013.

When Manning threw for 5,500 yards in 2013, Denver had the No,.1 offense in the NFL..with a 37-year old QB...who passed 40 times a game.

From 2014 to 2015..less passing (35 times a game) better running...closer games.

Throwing 40 times a game, they set an NFL record for 1st downs coincidentally with setting TD and pass yardage records and reacwehd trhe Super Bowl (we all know what happened then)

In the last  nine games last year inclduing the playoff...the team was not Denver struggled. they were 6-3.....and outscored fores 244-190 inclduing a 41-17 win over Oakland.. In the first 8 games..Denvers was 6-2 but the loss was OT at Seattle and at NE. The point differential 265-185 was more distinct

I;m not against running effectively but I think you pass (especially on 1st down) to set up the run..not the other way around.

Passing 'efficiently' makes running easier. Not so much the other way around. That's the old NFL.

II can tell you believe you're undeniably right and using conventional logic but you have to admit....Denver didnt win that way with a healthy Peyton Manning in 2014, did they?  And that's where they want to be.

. I'm not 'seeming' to say anything.  I am clearly saying that passing more wins when you are Manning, Luck, Rodgers etc

I think they've all proven it the last 2 seasons.

I dont want to try to manage trhe game..just strike with your best weapons..no matter how old your field general is 

Lol.. where do I say he can't be effective in 2015 ? What I said is that this thread was a real crap shoot because he might be finished due to being 40 years old. It seemed to me that no one was taking into consideration that he might be done. 

Did Joe Montana play at 40 ? Did John Elway who had twice the arm strength and was a better athlete play at 40 ? How was John Unitas at 40 ? 

Im amazed you are coming back at me with what you are. Here ya go ... what I'm saying is every athlete hits a time when his body says "no mass." With a QB it would involve arm strength and his overall body holding up against the rigors of football. I nowhere predict what is going to happen to Manning in 2015. What I'm saying is there comes a time and maybe his time is 2015. 

Hank Aaron ... age 39   40 hrs  301 BA

age 40   20 hrs  268 BA

age 41   12 hrs  234 BA

Dan Marino    age  37   23 TD   15 Int

age 38    12 TD   17 Int

This is what you said:

What Im disagreeing on is most are pretty much saying he will be an effective QB in 2015.

Most are saying he'll be effective; you're disagreeing. What am I missing?

The rest of your post lays out a possibility. I'm not disagreeing that the possibility exists. I'm just saying I don't think he's going to suddenly be unable to play because of his age. If you're not predicting that he's going to be unable to play because of his age, and we're not assuming that he's going to be hurt, then why can't he play at a reasonably high level?

Of course teams that are ahead signififantly run the ball to run out the clock.

I'm pretty clear...Look at the last 9 games of last season when CJ Anderson carried the ball 21 times a game and was effective by all estimations. led the NFL.

The offense declined as we all saw. the games were closer...244-190 in points scored

In the first 7 games,..Denver oustcored foes 214-142 and was 6-1..manning is hurt./.they run and run effectively and the games are closer

Your pass total number 40 is fine if you extend it to 2013.

When Manning threw for 5,500 yards in 2013, Denver had the No,.1 offense in the NFL..with a 37-year old QB...who passed 40 times a game.

From 2014 to 2015..less passing (35 times a game) better running...closer games.

Throwing 40 times a game, they set an NFL record for 1st downs coincidentally with setting TD and pass yardage records and reacwehd trhe Super Bowl (we all know what happened then)

In the last  nine games last year inclduing the playoff...the team was not Denver struggled. they were 6-3.....and outscored fores 244-190 inclduing a 41-17 win over Oakland.. In the first 8 games..Denvers was 6-2 but the loss was OT at Seattle and at NE. The point differential 265-185 was more distinct

I;m not against running effectively but I think you pass (especially on 1st down) to set up the run..not the other way around.

Passing 'efficiently' makes running easier. Not so much the other way around. That's the old NFL.

II can tell you believe you're undeniably right and using conventional logic but you have to admit....Denver didnt win that way with a healthy Peyton Manning in 2014, did they?  And that's where they want to be.

. I'm not 'seeming' to say anything.  I am clearly saying that passing more wins when you are Manning, Luck, Rodgers etc

I think they've all proven it the last 2 seasons.

I dont want to try to manage trhe game..just strike with your best weapons..no matter how old your field general is 

Hey, cool deal. I say they want to run the ball more effectively so that they don't need their QB to throw quite as much. 

This is what you said:

Most are saying he'll be effective; you're disagreeing. What am I missing?

The rest of your post lays out a possibility. I'm not disagreeing that the possibility exists. I'm just saying I don't think he's going to suddenly be unable to play because of his age. If you're not predicting that he's going to be unable to play because of his age, and we're not assuming that he's going to be hurt, then why can't he play at a reasonably high level?

What Im disagreeing on is most are pretty much saying he will be an effective QB in 2015.

Very disingenuous of you to hand pick one line and use it as you did. It's very obvious that I mean you and others are saying it's a given he'll have enough left in the tank to be a very good QB in 2015. 

Here's the whole of it including what followed the line you cherry picked.."What Im disagreeing on is most are pretty much saying he will be an effective QB in 2015. What I'm saying is it's very possible the lost arm strength and injuries that older athletes are more prone to could just make him at best average. I did not predict anything."

Ohhh.. for the 23rd time , I did not say "he couldn't play at a high level" , I said since he's going to be 40 maybe he won't . I'm sorry you can't see the difference between one saying something is posible and one stating it as opinion.

9-7 Record

31 TD

18 INT

3,200 yards.

I think it'll be more hit or miss...a 12-4 or 6-10 type record with more typical stats to go with the record. A record and stats like that are from a guy who took lumps throughout a season. Peyton isn't surviving to many lumps imo. It'd be cool if he had an "eye of the tiger" type season like that though, and it was have the team better prepared for the playoffs.